Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Which Is Better? Bridgestone, Michelin, Continental, Falken, Hankook

• Please log in to reply

mrhacker90

Posted 27 December 2010 - 03:22 AM

mrhacker90

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts
hello... i'm using viva 1000 cc... this car has been 3 years. the main problem of this car is its allignment... although just about 3 months done it, it started to happened again.. thus, causing my tire to worn out... my question here is which tire is better... bellow is the particular of the tire which suit for my car..

BRIGDESTONE POTENZA RE-030
MICHELIN Pilot Preceda
FALKEN ZIEX ZE-912
HANKOOK VENTUS V8 RS
CONTINENTAL ComfortContact CC5
CONTINENTAL ComfortContact CC1
YOKOHAMA A.driveā„¢
YOKOHAMA ADVAN NEOVA

basically i'm lopoking for quiteness, handling, grip in wet, & brakes... because viva can be catogorized as non stable vehicle... this maybe this car is quite high n the size is small... compared to other cars, they are quite lowerd compared to viva.. there so many times when i braked emergencyly... the car skid front.. the condition become terrible in heavy rain... perhaps these problems solve when i buy the new tyre..

with all, regards..

hlwoo

Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:25 AM

hlwoo

6th Gear

• Members
  • 8 posts
QUOTE (mrhacker90 @ Dec 27 2010, 03:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hello... i'm using viva 1.0 cc... this car has been 3 years. the main problem of this car is its allignment... although just about 3 months done it, it started to happened again.. thus, causing my tire to worn out... my question here is which tire is better... bellow is the particular of the tire which suit for my car..

MICHELIN Pilot Preceda
FALKEN ZIEX ZE-912
HANKOOK VENTUS V8 RS
YOKOHAMA A.driveā„¢
YOKOHAMA ADVAN NEOVA

basically i'm lopoking for quiteness, handling, grip in wet, & brakes... because viva can be catogorized as non stable vehicle... this maybe this car is quite high n the size is small... compared to other cars, they are quite lowerd compared to viva.. there so many times when i braked emergencyly... the car skid front.. the condition become terrible in heavy rain... perhaps these problems solve when i buy the new tyre..

with all, regards..

viva 1.0 cc? 1 cubic centimeter is only 0.001 liter... 1000 cc perhaps?
btw, what is your original tyre size?
from the list you've given, your seem to have option mixed between entry level, comfort and max performance tyres.
Narrow down your choice first according to your priority and budget.

vr2turbo

Posted 27 December 2010 - 03:26 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,498 posts
QUOTE (mrhacker90 @ Dec 27 2010, 03:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hello... i'm using viva 1.0 cc... this car has been 3 years. the main problem of this car is its allignment... although just about 3 months done it, it started to happened again.. thus, causing my tire to worn out... my question here is which tire is better... bellow is the particular of the tire which suit for my car..

MICHELIN Pilot Preceda
FALKEN ZIEX ZE-912
HANKOOK VENTUS V8 RS
YOKOHAMA A.driveā„¢
YOKOHAMA ADVAN NEOVA

with all, regards..

From your explanation, looks like safety first, therefore PP2 is more suited if you can find. If not then RE-030.
Advan Neova are extreme tyres. Super in dry, not so good in the wet.
The rest more for comfort and quiet. More balance will be ZE-912, CC5 and V8RS

mrhacker90

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:24 PM

mrhacker90

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts
QUOTE (hlwoo @ Dec 27 2010, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
viva 1.0 cc? 1 cubic centimeter is only 0.001 liter... 1000 cc perhaps?
btw, what is your original tyre size?
from the list you've given, your seem to have option mixed between entry level, comfort and max performance tyres.
Narrow down your choice first according to your priority and budget.

i'm sorry... i'm mistaken... 1000cc yes of course.. i see... i guest i'm little bit not sure about the difference between these entry level of tire.... can you explain to me a little about the difference? by the way.. i don't about the price... because for me, i want to find the most suitable tire first.. that's all...

mrhacker90

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:30 PM

mrhacker90

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Dec 27 2010, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From your explanation, looks like safety first, therefore PP2 is more suited if you can find. If not then RE-030.
Advan Neova are extreme tyres. Super in dry, not so good in the wet.
The rest more for comfort and quiet. More balance will be ZE-912, CC5 and V8RS

vr2, thanks for the advice... by the way, how about the allignment & balancing?? as we do balancing & allignment, we do rotate the tire? usually, every 5k km, i rotate the right front tire to left behind tire & vice versa... same also with left right tire to right behind tire... vice versa also... how about PP2? due to the wire thread drain the water, how do i rotate the tire?

with all, regards..

hlwoo

Posted 27 December 2010 - 07:06 PM

hlwoo

6th Gear

• Members
  • 8 posts
QUOTE (mrhacker90 @ Dec 27 2010, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i'm sorry... i'm mistaken... 1000cc yes of course.. i see... i guest i'm little bit not sure about the difference between these entry level of tire.... can you explain to me a little about the difference? by the way.. i don't about the price... because for me, i want to find the most suitable tire first.. that's all...

I guess bro vr2 has explained them for u. The other thing u need to know what is your tyre size? I assume you're using the OEM 155/70R12, then PP2 and RE-030 are not available in your size.

michael80

Posted 27 December 2010 - 07:52 PM

michael80

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts
skip CC1 no matter what...

BTW the tires is wearing outside more than inside??? or it happens on your rear wheels (wears inside more than outside)???
if like that try to get directional tires and Kumho ESPT (165/55 R14) is the one for you...
actually not only you has this problem, these happens to all cars with fixed rear axle...

mrhacker90

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:10 PM

mrhacker90

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts
QUOTE (hlwoo @ Dec 27 2010, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess bro vr2 has explained them for u. The other thing u need to know what is your tyre size? I assume you're using the OEM 155/70R12, then PP2 and RE-030 are not available in your size.

not... my OEM is 165/55/R14
all the tires i listed above suit the tire size of my car... by the way, can i know the pros & cons of these tire... i already read the previous post... still not very clear about the pros & cons of the tire above...

with all, regards..

mrhacker90

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:14 PM

mrhacker90

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts
QUOTE (michael80 @ Dec 27 2010, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
skip CC1 no matter what...

BTW the tires is wearing outside more than inside??? or it happens on your rear wheels (wears inside more than outside)???
if like that try to get directional tires and Kumho ESPT (165/55 R14) is the one for you...
actually not only you has this problem, these happens to all cars with fixed rear axle...

oh i see... but my tire wear more at front left tire... wear outside more than inside.. by the way, can i know the pros and cons of this tire, (Kumho ESPT)...

and also, actually what is directional tire? is there another type of tire? differ with directional tire?

with all, regards...

michael80

Posted 28 December 2010 - 08:06 AM

michael80

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts
QUOTE (mrhacker90 @ Dec 27 2010, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh i see... but my tire wear more at front left tire... wear outside more than inside.. by the way, can i know the pros and cons of this tire, (Kumho ESPT)...

and also, actually what is directional tire? is there another type of tire? differ with directional tire?

with all, regards...

directional tires means u can flip over the tires on the right to left... means the tires pattern must face the forward direction only, sidewall of the tire shown the tire rotation direction... when ur front left wear more outside you need swap to front right so that the thread wears more will be inside already...