Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Ssangyong Rexton Hub

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

byebye2u

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:37 AM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
Hi Guys,

I've have further fine tune the map with DKTUNING, now the acceleration is instant.
smile_thumbup.gif

NIK

r3xt0n

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:51 AM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (byebye2u @ Aug 20 2010, 01:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Guys,

I've have further fine tune the map with DKTUNING, now the acceleration is instant.
smile_thumbup.gif

NIK

Bro Nik,

You should describe in details how is your acceleration and performance, so everyone can know better how a Rexton can perform. I still testing on the vacuum modulator issue, the power still improved today. Maybe, don't need to replace both modulators afterall.

errieykawa

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:14 AM

errieykawa

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
Hello guys...

Its very interesting and useful topic for a beginner like me. After few months surveying around... finally i decided to buy 1. Yesterday has submitted the loan. RX270 2005. I found it on Mudah.com. Here is the link

http://www.mudah.my/... 05-6743957.htm

Tested on the road but dont have opportunity to go on hiway. So far so good. But if anyone know the history of this car, please share with me. Plate number WMN9987.

If everything is OK, most probably next week i will collect the car. But before that appreciate if anyone could advice me how to check important part ie engine, gearbox...

Thanks

r3xt0n

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:47 AM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (errieykawa @ Aug 20 2010, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello guys...

Its very interesting and useful topic for a beginner like me. After few months surveying around... finally i decided to buy 1. Yesterday has submitted the loan. RX270 2005. I found it on Mudah.com. Here is the link

Tested on the road but dont have opportunity to go on hiway. So far so good. But if anyone know the history of this car, please share with me. Plate number WMN9987.

If everything is OK, most probably next week i will collect the car. But before that appreciate if anyone could advice me how to check important part ie engine, gearbox...

Thanks

Congrats, good price for a 2005 270XDI at 84k mileage.

The most effective way to check out the history of the car is to call up JPJ for it's insurance company and then call the insurance company for claim history. This beat trusting the car dealer if the car did involved in any car accidents or claims.

Next step would be checking with local traffic police counter for any outstanding saman or saman record. This will also give you good history on the previous owner. Don't forget to check with local council if there are any outstanding parking saman too. Most of them having online website for saman checking or if not, give them a call will get the info.

Nothing beat bringing the car to the service center or an experience workshop to jack up and do thorough under car inspection. It is worth even if they charge a service fees.

Check out the details that I posted earlier at http://forum.autowor...=...t&p=1586922 .

errieykawa

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:48 PM

errieykawa

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
Yup bro... i've gone thru all ur advice... good one lah!! smile_thumbup.gif

Will print and check 1 by 1 during collection of the car....

r3xt0n

Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:31 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
Double post

r3xt0n

Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:31 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (errieykawa @ Aug 20 2010, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup bro... i've gone thru all ur advice... good one lah!! smile_thumbup.gif

Will print and check 1 by 1 during collection of the car....

That's what I have gone thru when I bought my Rexton from owner directly last month. A bit more hassle but worth all the trouble because I get to know the owner and has first hand info from the owner himself. Though, he may not be 100% honest but I think he did provided quite honest and complete info on the car condition. I bought mine for RM63k for 270XDI Year 2006, Full Spec (with multi-meter and 3rd row aircon blower). So, saved quite a bit as compared to those from car dealer.

Mine got 4 outstanding traffic samans totally RM730 and 1 parking saman for RM100. Check with insurance company found only windscreen claim, so still not so bad. Inspection by workshop found no oil leak, smooth gear change and engine running quietly. Did a major service after collected the car, no major part replacements , mainly wear and tear components.

The service center that I went is pretty well stocked and reasonably price. It is authorised service center for Ssangyong, Hyundai, Kia, Mazda, Ford, Puegot, Naza, etc.. Plenty of Rexton going there for their service, so that addressed my initial concern of availability of spare parts and having an experience workshop to handle it.

byebye2u

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:04 PM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (errieykawa @ Aug 20 2010, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello guys...

Thanks

Hi There,

Does yours has autocruise,electronic/memory adjustable seat,3rd row aircond blower?

NIK

( Bro r3xt0n,I don't have stop watch but 0-100 left vios quite far )

r3xt0n

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:40 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (byebye2u @ Aug 20 2010, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi There,

Does yours has autocruise,electronic/memory adjustable seat,3rd row aircond blower?

NIK

( Bro r3xt0n,I don't have stop watch but 0-100 left vios quite far )

From the photo at Mudah, I don't think it's a full spec version because I see it do not has a multimeter. I am still waiting for trainrx270 to share on the differences between each spec.

I leave the advising on the engine and transmission to you, because you are much more familiar and experience in this.

You must start to collect time data so that can set as the role leader for performance mod. Maybe shoot a video recording on 0~190kmh acceleration. At Australia forum, I saw quite a few of Rexton owners asking on chips tuning and performance mod.

hasher

Posted 23 August 2010 - 01:44 PM

hasher

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 372 posts
QUOTE (r3xt0n @ Aug 20 2010, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From the photo at Mudah, I don't think it's a full spec version because I see it do not has a multimeter. I am still waiting for trainrx270 to share on the differences between each spec.

I leave the advising on the engine and transmission to you, because you are much more familiar and experience in this.

You must start to collect time data so that can set as the role leader for performance mod. Maybe shoot a video recording on 0~190kmh acceleration. At Australia forum, I saw quite a few of Rexton owners asking on chips tuning and performance mod.

Hi R3xt0n and others,
You guys know exactly what is this multimeter all about? other than just give you the direction??
Thanks

<P><EM><STRONG>Hasher</STRONG></EM></P>
<P><STRONG><EM>Running/hike chapter with drinking problems</EM></STRONG></P>