Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Mitsubishi ASX

• Please log in to reply

whchoy

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:55 AM

whchoy

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
Appreciate it if any of the CKD ASX owner share the types of light bulb used as below:

- headlight low beam
- position light/small light
- no. plate light
- reverse light

tqvm

mikimouse

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:43 PM

mikimouse

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
Greetings ASX members, hopes everyone are doing well smile.gif

I'm newbie in this forum and have been driving my car a year ago, 2012 model. I am wondering, are you satify with 2-Din Kenwood player? I just realise that inside 2-Din Kenwood the features mostly required to buy external cables (connector) to able to use the functions. An example like iPod.

Geez... kind of dissapointted.

cskiat

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:36 PM

cskiat

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
QUOTE (mikimouse @ Apr 10 2014, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Greetings ASX members, hopes everyone are doing well smile.gif

I'm newbie in this forum and have been driving my car a year ago, 2012 model. I am wondering, are you satify with 2-Din Kenwood player? I just realise that inside 2-Din Kenwood the features mostly required to buy external cables (connector) to able to use the functions. An example like iPod.

Geez... kind of dissapointted.

Agreed!!! Mine is 2012 model too .. should be the same as yours. I changed mine to Kenwood DDX4033BT for the following reasons:-
1. To be able to attached to Steering Audio Control
2. Bluetooth
I did not install GPS to it as I have a portable one, better save some dollar and cents.

To tell you the truth, I should have installed a more user friendly HU but unfortunately I brought the HU before seeking advice from the installer. Currently my HU have been attached with an adapter so it can link with the canbus system. Therefore I can now afford to install a different version HU and it still can link to canbus system.

ahl

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:16 PM

ahl

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
QUOTE (goldfish @ Apr 9 2014, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi ahl,

I think the left still have the resistance from the License Plate Light. The right will be all LEDs after you changed the Position Light bulb to LED.

Maybe you should try to salvage your LEDs and change it to the rear License Plate Light(remain the 5W position lamp bulb).

as now i leave everything in stock condition.. until i can find a solution.. very sad sad.gif

mikimouse

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:27 PM

mikimouse

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
QUOTE (cskiat @ Apr 10 2014, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agreed!!! Mine is 2012 model too .. should be the same as yours. I changed mine to Kenwood DDX4033BT for the following reasons:-
1. To be able to attached to Steering Audio Control
2. Bluetooth
I did not install GPS to it as I have a portable one, better save some dollar and cents.

To tell you the truth, I should have installed a more user friendly HU but unfortunately I brought the HU before seeking advice from the installer. Currently my HU have been attached with an adapter so it can link with the canbus system. Therefore I can now afford to install a different version HU and it still can link to canbus system.

mikimouse

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:30 PM

mikimouse

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
Hi CSKiat

I was away, now only saw your message. Thank you for sharing your info.
By asking, where do you installed Kenwood DDX4033BT? How much was it, mind to share?

cskiat

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:28 PM

cskiat

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
QUOTE (cskiat @ Nov 8 2013, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Done! smile_cool.gif
What a relief. Went to Auto Lab, Cheras to get the interface device. After that Eugene from Auto Lab send me to his workshop at Taman Kencana. The workshop name is MMI. After changing the HU and installing the steering audio remote control, the same problem occurred but thanks to Ah Wai, he managed to get it set back to normal. All is good now, will share more information later. smile_thumbup.gif

HI Mikimouse!! I will PM you the contacts but you need not change to DDX4033BT. There are better options out there. Ask them for opinions ... they have real nice one.
The time I brought the Head Unit, it cost me RM1,800.00. Installation charges for the head unit and adapter cost mt RM450.00. If you are buying the same head unit, I suggest you to look for Goldfish, he can fix it up for you. He is a good guy and he really did his research in ASX.

zhoxien

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:55 PM

zhoxien

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
Anyone looking to sell off his ASX?

Im looking to buy one, but condition must be excellent.

cmx

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:05 AM

cmx

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
Guys.. will be getting my asx soon. Anyone research n try to convert the spare tyre compartment for more space n replaced with tyre inflator kit?

ahl

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:29 PM

ahl

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
QUOTE (ahl @ Apr 11 2014, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
as now i leave everything in stock condition.. until i can find a solution.. very sad sad.gif

hi all,

earlier i hv tis led issue. now my prob solved with adding capacitor (not sure what it is coz i not an electronic guy) for both side. now the LED shine where it suppose to be smile.gif)