Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Mitsubishi Lancer EX

• Please log in to reply

jayraptor

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:03 AM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (beamer28 @ Aug 2 2010, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not sure if you guys read this , apparently new Waja is based on Lancer , dunno if we should then call it Wa-lan or Lan-ja .... smile_big.gif

http://paultan.org/2...penang/#respond

think should be bad news for Lancer owners....

It could be just another hoax stunts pulled to gain trust. Will MMC let its most precious gems the Lancer being shared by others? I would say no. Time will tell, see whether my prediction is right this time.

Informer

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:07 AM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Aug 5 2010, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It could be just another hoax stunts pulled to gain trust. Will MMC let its most precious gems the Lancer being shared by others? I would say no. Time will tell, see whether my prediction is right this time.

It works before... yup 25 years before...

Previous Lancer -> Wira...
Eterna -> Perdana...
New Lancer -> LanWa... smile_big.gif

In Motor Industry, changing and sharing car tech and parts are normal...
Cheers mate...
Courtesy:
iMotorMy...

ryder

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:08 PM

ryder

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
Hi Jayraptor,

The news of the upcoming new Waja to be based on the Mitsubishi Lancer platform has been known for quite a while now since last year. Even the Proton MD has made the announcement a few times. The most recent news are shown in a few links as below.

http://www.themalays...efore-year-end/

http://www.btimes.co...172632/Article/

"...the new model will display a copy of version Mitsubishi Lancer 2.0 GT but use the engine with a capacity of slightly smaller 1.8-litre."

jayraptor

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:23 AM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (ryder @ Aug 5 2010, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Jayraptor,

The news of the upcoming new Waja to be based on the Mitsubishi Lancer platform has been known for quite a while now since last year. Even the Proton MD has made the announcement a few times. The most recent news are shown in a few links as below.

http://www.themalays...efore-year-end/

http://www.btimes.co...172632/Article/

"...the new model will display a copy of version Mitsubishi Lancer 2.0 GT but use the engine with a capacity of slightly smaller 1.8-litre."

Hi ryder,

Already read them. They said the same thing about rebadging Volkswagen back then like they sounded serious but ended up nothing but another hoax. Same goes to rebadging Lancer.

Hi informer,

To be more precise,
Wira = Mirage US version with patched on Galant '89 rear (rumor said the Lancer 91 was made out of Galant '89 platform)

Perdana = Eterna (Japan carmakers often come up with 2 teams to develop own models and winner will be production model. the selected named Galant being sold globally while the other named Eterna mainly for Japan market.
Like Honda Accord, it was split between Inspire and Accord back then. Now just EU/Japan Accord and US Accord. Same goes to its Civic.

New Lancer, my vote is still Lancer. The most it'll go might be just the 1.8L version Lancer being rebadged like Forte to reduce tax & selling price. Not really being owned like Wira/Waja/Perdana. The Naza Forte and Naza Citra 2 Rondo though being rebadged but are sold as Kia Forte and Kia Caren.

Time will tell, lets wait and see how it goes. Wonder this stunt hoax will affect Lancer EX sales? Lancer EX is a great car superior than its rivals the Civic, Altis and Sylphy.

beamer28

Posted 29 August 2010 - 01:33 AM

beamer28

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts
QUOTE (Informer @ Aug 5 2010, 11:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
New Lancer -> LanWa... smile_big.gif

I tot it should be called Lan-Ja , as in LANcer-waJA? smile_big.gif
-------------

Step aside Beemers and Mercs , Veedub is coming

tpl

Posted 30 August 2010 - 05:15 PM

tpl

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,101 posts
WaLan better.. sounds like scratch gugu
2012 NMT President

nozzy

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:12 PM

nozzy

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts
QUOTE (tpl @ Aug 30 2010, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WaLan better.. sounds like scratch gugu

Y u always think of hamsap thingy geh??

GuyM

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:31 PM

GuyM

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts
I wanna kebas its 2 din dvd/gps player............. smile_thumbup.gif

nofear1979

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:52 AM

nofear1979

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,648 posts
QUOTE (GuyM @ Sep 15 2010, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wanna kebas its 2 din dvd/gps player............. smile_thumbup.gif

after market got already mah... my hand very itchy dunno want to install or not..
2012 NMT Vice President - nofear1979

Human Resource Solutions
We provide a comprehensive range of Human Resource (HR) management solutions

GuyM

Posted 16 September 2010 - 10:32 PM

GuyM

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts
U mean the one from Rainbow Pg selling between RM1.5k to RM2.1k is it? Booked ady, waiting for it to come........... unless u have another lobang, between spec and reasonably priced.....