Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Which Diesel Is Better?

• Please log in to reply

adly

Posted 19 June 2010 - 05:01 PM

adly

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
heya people,
Ok, today I refuel my car with Caltex Diesel,RM100..still got left Dynamic Diesel from petronas for 60km... sent my dad to LCC and went to Klang, half tank left already.. not so much different..or maybe the different can see at 2nd or 3rd tank/time...will monitor it and update.. biggrin.gif
19 and counting... Getting better..

madex

Posted 20 June 2010 - 02:08 PM

madex

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
In my case which the engine quite new, i get the best effect just before the half of 2nd full tank of refueled caltex. It is smoother and less vibration.

IMO, Caltex also offer good additives for it petrol (not sure with the ron 95). I used to fill Caltex if i got chance when i was petrol user for 10 years. It was always feel smoother. But now the rival V-power 97 arise!!.... So when V-power Euro 2M?..

adly

Posted 24 June 2010 - 08:10 PM

adly

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
Ok, its been a week now with Caltex diesel... what can I observed now is, my engine is smooth and better millage..in term of power, lil bit improve although doesnt feel that much...overall, thumbs up.. Techron D is good.. biggrin.gif
recommended

madex

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:35 PM

madex

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
Keep refuel it bro and you don't really need extra additives saperately. FYI, I never been so serious about choosing fuel untill i am diesel motorist recently. The effect is more noticable than petrol. However, since the number of Caltex station is very limited, I always plan and calculate my timing for next refuel.

TSIJetta

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:19 AM

TSIJetta

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts
QUOTE (madex @ Jun 24 2010, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Keep refuel it bro and you don't really need extra additives saperately. FYI, I never been so serious about choosing fuel untill i am diesel motorist recently. The effect is more noticable than petrol. However, since the number of Caltex station is very limited, I always plan and calculate my timing for next refuel.

Agree with you bro, on the Caltex station limitation. After trying the 1st tank with Caltex, i agree that it's quieter & smoother too. For the mileage, it's the same to me with Petronas.

As for the station, I found 3 station near my working place, Paramout Garden, next to 3 2 Square & in Kelana Jaya, but only got 1 pump. Sometimes have to rebut with small lorries. Tapi tak pe lah, asal diesel nya bagus Pak....

Cheers.

adly

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:01 PM

adly

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
QUOTE (TSIJetta @ Jul 12 2010, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agree with you bro, on the Caltex station limitation. After trying the 1st tank with Caltex, i agree that it's quieter & smoother too. For the mileage, it's the same to me with Petronas.

As for the station, I found 3 station near my working place, Paramout Garden, next to 3 2 Square & in Kelana Jaya, but only got 1 pump. Sometimes have to rebut with small lorries. Tapi tak pe lah, asal diesel nya bagus Pak....

Cheers.

and agreed with u, even at 1st pump, I can feel the diff...and what I hate about Caltex, the diesel pump always dekat luar, not inside...Most of diesel pump I went, is outside... maybe they should think about others who have luxury diesel truck..haha
Subang Jaya got 2, Shah Alam also got 2,just for information...

ahhl

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:45 PM

ahhl

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
QUOTE (adly @ Jul 12 2010, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and agreed with u, even at 1st pump, I can feel the diff...and what I hate about Caltex, the diesel pump always dekat luar, not inside...Most of diesel pump I went, is outside... maybe they should think about others who have luxury diesel truck..haha
Subang Jaya got 2, Shah Alam also got 2,just for information...

caltex ,no loyalty card isit? after filling consistant for 2 to 3 times, hardly notice black smoke. but i still love free petrol from smile
Ab Halim

madex

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:43 PM

madex

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
Few common area which i found Caltex station around Klang Valley.

1. Nearby Menara Tabung Haji
2. R & R Awan Besar, KESAS highway to Klang
3. TTDI got 2 station nearby Naza Showroom
4. Nearby Center Point of Bandar Utama
5. Just before exit USJ/Hicom, ELITE highway to KLIA.
6. R & R Dengkil, ELITE to KL/Ipoh
7. Opposite Sunway Pyramid
8. USJ 16, Subang Jaya (latest found)

All got diesel pump under roof. I think there are more. Just need refueling plan.

madex

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:44 PM

madex

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
Ops.. one more.

9. Just before LDP toll at Sunway heading to Puchong.

TSIJetta

Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:57 AM

TSIJetta

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts
QUOTE (madex @ Jul 13 2010, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ops.. one more.

9. Just before LDP toll at Sunway heading to Puchong.

Bro Madex, thanks for your kind input on the Caltex location. Appreciated it.

Cheers smile_thumbup.gif