Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

When Is The New Honda Civic Coming?

• Please log in to reply

darreltian

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:26 PM

darreltian

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts
taking a cue from this dated model?...come on honda, you got to try harder in order to surprise us

[attachment=2736:civic.jpg]

DSAI

Posted 14 May 2010 - 04:12 PM

DSAI

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 750 posts
QUOTE (darreltian @ May 14 2010, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
taking a cue from this dated model?...come on honda, you got to try harder in order to surprise us,

bro its damm ugly for me, korean car are more better smile_thumbup.gif

[attachment=2736:civic.jpg]

a new hope...

sorpoh

Posted 15 May 2010 - 11:06 AM

sorpoh

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts
Dsai : bro its damm ugly for me, korean car are more better smile_thumbup.gif

Frankly...u might be right n u might be not...just to share my opinion...some of the korean cars is better but in terms of what? outlook? interior? performance? fuel consumption? 2nd hand value? quality? safety?....price - i agree...but other den that i cant see any of it....if dun wanna look at all the spect out of it..oh yeah..korean car...but remember u r using the car daily...but if u wanna compare it with toyota..den i got no comment sleep.gif no hard feeling ya...just a piece of my mind happy.gif

darreltian

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:53 AM

darreltian

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts
QUOTE (sorpoh @ May 15 2010, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dsai : bro its damm ugly for me, korean car are more better smile_thumbup.gif

Frankly...u might be right n u might be not...just to share my opinion...some of the korean cars is better but in terms of what? outlook? interior? performance? fuel consumption? 2nd hand value? quality? safety?....price - i agree...but other den that i cant see any of it....if dun wanna look at all the spect out of it..oh yeah..korean car...but remember u r using the car daily...but if u wanna compare it with toyota..den i got no comment sleep.gif no hard feeling ya...just a piece of my mind happy.gif

Hi bro Sorpoh,
The Koreans are making a breakthrough with their new models like the new Hyundai Tucson and Sonatay YF with better designs, 6 speeds, loads of features and solid performance....if you take these 2 models and compare with CRV and Accord, honestly I now don't feel anything so great about the Japs

sorpoh

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:04 PM

sorpoh

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts
QUOTE (darreltian @ May 16 2010, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi bro Sorpoh,
The Koreans are making a breakthrough with their new models like the new Hyundai Tucson and Sonatay YF with better designs, 6 speeds, loads of features and solid performance....if you take these 2 models and compare with CRV and Accord, honestly I now don't feel anything so great about the Japs

Frankly,i do agree with u either..well,diff model,diff spect..there is always pro n cons...but if u ask me..i will say...i worry bout the market value for the koreans car...fuel consumption n the part price...japs has alots of models brother...but to compare with honda is another diff way to share wink.gif

xmizanx

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:39 PM

xmizanx

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
but wait there new prototype Honda out there..
it will help u how to walking.....
Freedom of motion with Honda’s bodyweight support assist
http://www.clockwhee...support-assist/

clockwheelblog.com

jayraptor

Posted 19 May 2010 - 10:29 AM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (sorpoh @ May 17 2010, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Frankly,i do agree with u either..well,diff model,diff spect..there is always pro n cons...but if u ask me..i will say...i worry bout the market value for the koreans car...fuel consumption n the part price...japs has alots of models brother...but to compare with honda is another diff way to share wink.gif

You worry about Korean cars FC? Don't use the word Korean cars because there are several brands, please be more specific and which model are you referring. For Hyundai/Kia, please take only those with proper engines THETA & GAMMA onwards ONLY!! If you dare, take the Sonata NF '06 to compare with Accord i-VTEC '03 and even the latest Accord VTi '08 to compare in:
- FC heavy city traffic
- power loss when overloaded
- service/maintenance/repair
- practicality, reliability & durability
- performance & handling

Accord is no match and spotted several Accords broke down on middle of highway already at such short lifespan? What is this? When the new Sonata YF launch, I'll see how Accord going to fight other than spreading lies that Hyundai/Kia high FC, High maintenance and low resale value. Even the CRV is already no match against the new Tucson.

Back to topic. The new Civic will be launched only after the new Elantra/Avante 2011 launch as Honda wanted to observe the tech and strength of Avante 2011 before coming up with new Civic to counter. If rush to come up wih new Civic now, the new Civic could end up being inferior as the Theta II dual CVVT engine already proven way superior than the K20.

K20 (1998cc)
output : 155ps/6500rpm
torque : 188Nm/4500rpm

Theta II dual CVVT (1998cc)
output : 166ps/6200rpm
torque : 197Nm/4600rpm

Tucson 2.0 that is heavier than Camry and Accord can reach 100km/h in 10.6s with over-rev engine with FC similar to Camry 2.0.

Popcorn

Posted 19 May 2010 - 10:43 AM

Popcorn

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,445 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ May 19 2010, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You worry about Korean cars FC? Don't use the word Korean cars because there are several brands, please be more specific and which model are you referring. For Hyundai/Kia, please take only those with proper engines THETA & GAMMA onwards ONLY!! If you dare, take the Sonata NF '06 to compare with Accord i-VTEC '03 and even the latest Accord VTi '08 to compare in:
- FC heavy city traffic
- performance & handling

Accord is no match and spotted several Accords broke down on middle of highway already at such short lifespan? What is this? When the new Sonata YF launch, I'll see how Accord going to fight other than spreading lies that Hyundai/Kia high FC, High maintenance and low resale value. Even the CRV is already no match against the new Tucson.

Back to topic. The new Civic will be launched only after the new Elantra/Avante 2011 launch as Honda wanted to observe the tech and strength of Avante 2011 before coming up with new Civic to counter. If rush to come up wih new Civic now, the new Civic could end up being inferior as the Theta II dual CVVT engine already proven way superior than the K20.

K20 (1998cc)
output : 155ps/6500rpm
torque : 188Nm/4500rpm

Theta II dual CVVT (1998cc)
output : 166ps/6200rpm
torque : 197Nm/4600rpm

Tucson 2.0 that is heavier than Camry and Accord can reach 100km/h in 10.6s with over-rev engine with FC similar to Camry 2.0.

What's the century sprint time of the new accord and camry 2.0 then?
Cruiser

sorpoh

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:13 PM

sorpoh

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts
[quote name='jayraptor' date='May 19 2010, 10:29 AM' post='1557839']
- FC heavy city traffic
- performance & handling

which model i dont know either...i just replying dsai comment...should u ask the corect post..perhaps i dont know much bout sonata or koreans car spect...but is good to share...thank you...

i fu dont mind...What's the century sprint time of the new accord and camry 2.0 then?

darreltian

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:27 PM

darreltian

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts
QUOTE (sorpoh @ May 19 2010, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i fu dont mind...What's the century sprint time of the new accord and camry 2.0 then?[/font]

if not mistaken around 11 plus secs