Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Michelin Pilot Sports 3 (ps3)

• Please log in to reply

robson

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:13 AM

robson

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
QUOTE (mubull @ Jul 20 2010, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i think he still preferred quiet and comfort but reasonable water drainage when he is on highway drive.

haha another long time guest users tht seldom post. Welcome on board bro.robson

mr.bull .

Please Clear your PM. smile_blackeye.gif Anyway I have email you the address which I noted from your website.

nah. owe you this reply. I like to read only . hope you understand.
You are right about the C1S noise ,really sound like hitting the pipe especially when travelling across PG bridge. smile_thumbup.gif . I do not have this noise with Ct01. But is very quiet on most road and is quiet on rough road other than this pipe knocking noise. It is comfort but you are right ,CT01 more comfortable. I do not have complaint about performance but I dont drive fast corner like you, but I do feel that it can corner better than Ct01.

I am happy with Ps3 on another heavy ride.

kam sia,

swinee

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:40 AM

swinee

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
Hi Bro Robson,

how would u review betwwen PS3 & C1S..in terms off
queitness:
comfort:
wear rate:
wet/dry grip:

thank you..struggling to choose betwwen comfort touring or all out performance smile_approve.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:22 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,498 posts
QUOTE (kho51 @ Aug 11 2010, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
already 1200km for my PS3, em very good dry handling and cornering because travel a lot on karak highway... but a bit floating when above 130km/h, may be because of the soft sidewall...

Try increasing the air pressure for highway use.....The Ex Evol8 you had, have super hard sidewall...... smile_wink.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:24 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,498 posts
QUOTE (swinee @ Aug 12 2010, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Bro Robson,

how would u review betwwen PS3 & C1S..in terms off
queitness:
comfort:
wear rate:
wet/dry grip:

thank you..struggling to choose betwwen comfort touring or all out performance smile_approve.gif

PS3 is Max performance but have the quality of comfort and quietness as posted by most members.... smile_approve.gif
If want total comfort and quiet then should be the Primacy LC..... smile_tongue.gif

michael80

Posted 12 August 2010 - 05:51 PM

michael80

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts
QUOTE (kho51 @ Aug 9 2010, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ok, thanks... currently pump 33psi for front, 32psi for rear... will keep on monitor...

well i think ur pressure is not high enough especially for the front... FYI my Vios i also use 34 PSI front and 32 PSI rear...
i think u need at least 36 in front and 34 at rear... my old toy with 14" also need 36 front and 32 rear...
but of course u get better handling but u will suffer in comfort a lil lo...

azbro

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:55 AM

azbro

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,861 posts
hmm..I feel like an old man with the PS3....well not as old as with the PP2...

The fun is all gone...reaching the limits of the tires performance...if feel the sides a bit flex when doing corrections during high speed corners, worst is tight corners, the tires just spins..but at least it stays on track.

It was good experience to downgrade to Max from Extreme...but hmm...not satisfied on the grip side..probalby I'm asking too much from it

I'm sure the tires are great for most ppl...good comfort, bearable noise, awesome braking grip, conservative design for the mass, good wet and dry weather grip...and reasonable priced for a performance tire...

Next change will be back to Extremes for me...

mubull

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:23 AM

mubull

Tokyo Drifter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts
QUOTE (azbro @ Aug 13 2010, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The fun is all gone...reaching the limits of the tires performance...if feel the sides a bit flex when doing corrections during high speed corners, worst is tight corners, the tires just spins..but at least it stays on track.

It was good experience to downgrade to Max from Extreme...but hmm...not satisfied on the grip side..probalby I'm asking too much from it

I'm sure the tires are great for most ppl...good comfort, bearable noise, awesome braking grip, conservative design for the mass, good wet and dry weather grip...and reasonable priced for a performance tire...

so tht is the reaction for a Extreme dry users to Max performance tires.. hahaha

For a user coming from comfort performance, I feel much confidence on braking, wet cornering . bearable noise and comfort. BUT as mentioned, I still feel lack a bit of Ummppp for cornering. Maybe I am asking for too much too.. well~ I will settle for PS3 now since I hardly find any same cat for 55 series.... unless going for V12
cheers.... Duragloss The Wet Look
www.duragloss.com.my
facebook.com/duraglossmalaysia

vr2turbo

Posted 13 August 2010 - 03:44 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,498 posts
QUOTE (mubull @ Aug 13 2010, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so tht is the reaction for a Extreme dry users to Max performance tires.. hahaha

For a user coming from comfort performance, I feel much confidence on braking, wet cornering . bearable noise and comfort. BUT as mentioned, I still feel lack a bit of Ummppp for cornering. Maybe I am asking for too much too.. well~ I will settle for PS3 now since I hardly find any same cat for 55 series.... unless going for V12

Too bad F1 Asy don't have your size. One member tried both F1 and PS3 on similar cars and prefer the F1 Grip over PS3.... smile_tongue.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 13 August 2010 - 03:51 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,498 posts
QUOTE (azbro @ Aug 13 2010, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know how you feel. Currently testing HP tyres V rated tyres over my F1 Y rated tyres.
Dry grip is not bad, except in hard corners, it wobbles because of soft shoulders. More air also cannot help.
Grip on wet road also not bad, but still have no opportunity yet to try in rain or heavy rain.

sunyatsen

Posted 13 August 2010 - 06:06 PM

sunyatsen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 757 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Aug 13 2010, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Too bad F1 Asy don't have your size. One member tried both F1 and PS3 on similar cars and prefer the F1 Grip over PS3.... smile_tongue.gif

Which one is quieter? The PS3 or GYF1? My priority is quiet. Now looking for some more oomph in grip. smile_tongue.gif