Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Self-diagnose Aircon Filter/2nd Group Buy For Cabin Filter

• Please log in to reply

Kevin

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:25 PM

Kevin

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts
QUOTE (awestone @ Jan 21 2010, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thanks for the interest. been busy for the past few days. workload and what not. the deadline is on this sunday- 24th jan at 12.00 pm. read the comment from leongts:

he wrote that kia rondo cabin filter is shared. i knew that. but for your information, you would only get this type of cabin filter

http://cgi.ebay.com/...sQ5fAccessories

so, im organizing a group buy so that we can enjoy the superior filter type at a VERY reasonable price. I bet that even kia dealers dont hold or have the kind of filter we are ordering coz of limited market for kia cars here in malaysia. BTW, my main intention here is not to make profits, since i want to enjoy a better and comfortable driving experience. and i knew how good the cabin filter is, i want others to enjoy it too.

p/s: to kevin, please share your experience using the filter since the rest of them here never use it before

To be honest, I can't remember the experience. My car is still in the workshop with the insurance company and the panel workshop haggling over the cost of repairs. It's been almost 2 months smile_disapprove.gif

I just want to say that I purchased a Sonata NF filter at about the same time as the Rondo filter (through Group Buy #1). I paid roughly RM50 for the Sonata NF filter that was sourced from one of the cheapest places in PJ (PH Auto) and about RM70 for the Rondo filter.

For RM20 more, the Rondo filter is worth it. You can tell the construction quality in the Rondo filter as compared to the Sonata filter (both from OEM manufacturers). The Rondo filter also came with activated charcoal which the Sonata filter did not. The Rondo filter also had more folds and each fold was solidly constructed whereas the Sonata filter had less folds, thinner folds, and they were flimsy as well.

sugen

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:59 PM

sugen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 918 posts
Kevin,
What happen to your Rondo? Mind to share

QUOTE (Kevin @ Jan 21 2010, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To be honest, I can't remember the experience. My car is still in the workshop with the insurance company and the panel workshop haggling over the cost of repairs. It's been almost 2 months smile_disapprove.gif

I just want to say that I purchased a Sonata NF filter at about the same time as the Rondo filter (through Group Buy #1). I paid roughly RM50 for the Sonata NF filter that was sourced from one of the cheapest places in PJ (PH Auto) and about RM70 for the Rondo filter.

For RM20 more, the Rondo filter is worth it. You can tell the construction quality in the Rondo filter as compared to the Sonata filter (both from OEM manufacturers). The Rondo filter also came with activated charcoal which the Sonata filter did not. The Rondo filter also had more folds and each fold was solidly constructed whereas the Sonata filter had less folds, thinner folds, and they were flimsy as well.

PoMeR

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:28 PM

PoMeR

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
2nd Group Buy Cabin Filter

1. Kevin (2 unit)
2. Sugen
3. PoMer (2 unit)
4. Setisfai
5. Royzjeff
6. chewyh74 (2 unit)
7. Skin23

@Awestone ... gimme 2 as well
@Kevin ... sorry to hear bout your rondo bro

awestone

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:40 PM

awestone

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
smile_clown.gif thanks kevin. hope your explanation will boost the rating. as i said earlier your are getting a real deal here. now , if i could get klimal our doctor from maluri to share his experience....

BTW.,,,sad to hear about your rondo. mind to share what really happen to your rondo.

QUOTE (PoMeR @ Jan 21 2010, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1. Kevin (2 unit)
2. Sugen
3. PoMer (2 unit)
4. Setisfai
5. Royzjeff
6. chewyh74 (2 unit)
7. Skin23

@Awestone ... gimme 2 as well
@Kevin ... sorry to hear bout your rondo bro

Kevin

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:04 PM

Kevin

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts
I hit a motorbike at a cross junction. Rondo front hit the LHS of the bike. I say he ran the lights and he says I ran the lights smile_disapprove.gif Cops don't know who to believe so we both claim our own insurance.

I was going quite fast (about 70km/h) because my lights were plainly green. Frankly, the Indon biker (who was not even wearing a helmet together with his pillion) are both very lucky to be alive given the speed I hit them. I put it to the Rondo's pedestrain friendly design that saved them (and caused much damage to the car).

Front bumper - a huge corner chunk was ripped off exposing the foam underneath.
Left fog lamp - flew off somewhere
Bonnet - slightly dented
Left headlamp - intact but 1 bracket broken so have to change the whole lamp
Miscellaneous plastic parts under the bumper - all need to change
Number plate - also MIA
The very advanced (as claimed by Proton when launching their Exora) composite sub-frame that holds the front of the car together - bent in various parts so need to change.

Panel workshop's quote - RM21k!!! (they were quoting from Naza Kia's official parts list price and included everything that can possibly included - some which can be repaired)
Insurance approved - RM8k

Internal structure of the car is perfectly fine. With the huge gap in the front of the car, you can see how well the car is designed to absorb impacts and to dissipate the energy along the sides of the car. The left front fender was pushed slightly back but surprisingly, the left front door has no issues opening and closing.

Ding dong, ding dong. I have been busy with work and kids so did not have the time to chase.

awestone

Posted 22 January 2010 - 06:47 AM

awestone

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
the damage is pretty bad! feel sorry to hear it. speaking of the rigidity of rondo, i can attest to that too. my rondo been hit too by a kancil on the left side pf the back door. but the damage is only minimal. manage to repair the dent on the back door without having to respray. yet, feel very upset with the dent on the wheelarch, as the mechanic told me there was no other way except to 'simen'. once your rondo is fixed, do update us.

QUOTE (Kevin @ Jan 21 2010, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hit a motorbike at a cross junction. Rondo front hit the LHS of the bike. I say he ran the lights and he says I ran the lights smile_disapprove.gif Cops don't know who to believe so we both claim our own insurance.

I was going quite fast (about 70km/h) because my lights were plainly green. Frankly, the Indon biker (who was not even wearing a helmet together with his pillion) are both very lucky to be alive given the speed I hit them. I put it to the Rondo's pedestrain friendly design that saved them (and caused much damage to the car).

Front bumper - a huge corner chunk was ripped off exposing the foam underneath.
Left fog lamp - flew off somewhere
Bonnet - slightly dented
Left headlamp - intact but 1 bracket broken so have to change the whole lamp
Miscellaneous plastic parts under the bumper - all need to change
Number plate - also MIA
The very advanced (as claimed by Proton when launching their Exora) composite sub-frame that holds the front of the car together - bent in various parts so need to change.

Panel workshop's quote - RM21k!!! (they were quoting from Naza Kia's official parts list price and included everything that can possibly included - some which can be repaired)
Insurance approved - RM8k

Internal structure of the car is perfectly fine. With the huge gap in the front of the car, you can see how well the car is designed to absorb impacts and to dissipate the energy along the sides of the car. The left front fender was pushed slightly back but surprisingly, the left front door has no issues opening and closing.

Ding dong, ding dong. I have been busy with work and kids so did not have the time to chase.

sugen

Posted 22 January 2010 - 05:39 PM

sugen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 918 posts
Thank for sharing & sorry to hear that Kevin.. Hope u can get your car repair very soon.. And start to enjoy your Rondo..

cpmboy

Posted 22 January 2010 - 08:44 PM

cpmboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
QUOTE (awestone @ Jan 21 2010, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thanks for the interest. been busy for the past few days. workload and what not. the deadline is on this sunday- 24th jan at 12.00 pm. read the comment from leongts:

he wrote that kia rondo cabin filter is shared. i knew that. but for your information, you would only get this type of cabin filter

http://cgi.ebay.com/...sQ5fAccessories

so, im organizing a group buy so that we can enjoy the superior filter type at a VERY reasonable price. I bet that even kia dealers dont hold or have the kind of filter we are ordering coz of limited market for kia cars here in malaysia. BTW, my main intention here is not to make profits, since i want to enjoy a better and comfortable driving experience. and i knew how good the cabin filter is, i want others to enjoy it too.

p/s: to kevin, please share your experience using the filter since the rest of them here never use it before

can it fit with rondo 2009 cabin filter??

sugen

Posted 23 January 2010 - 08:54 AM

sugen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 918 posts
YES LA.. Bro.. That is what we are buying.. Not sure is the bulk order is close o not

QUOTE (cpmboy @ Jan 22 2010, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
can it fit with rondo 2009 cabin filter??

cpmboy

Posted 23 January 2010 - 09:39 AM

cpmboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
[quote name='PoMeR' date='Jan 21 2010, 08:28 PM' post='1512004']

i'm in also bro..cpmboy (2 unit)

1. Kevin (2 unit)
2. Sugen