Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Yokohama Battery

• Please log in to reply

ususim

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:29 PM

ususim

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
Hi guys,

Yesterday i was charged RM290 to change a yokohama 50v battery, i had to change because the old battery was dead. Just wondering if the guy charged me too much for it? Please help...

fkmfkm

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:41 PM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (ususim @ Nov 23 2009, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi guys,

Yesterday i was charged RM290 to change a yokohama 50v battery, i had to change because the old battery was dead. Just wondering if the guy charged me too much for it? Please help...

errr what is 50v never really hear before one...

Gunnerzz

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:50 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (fkmfkm @ Nov 23 2009, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
errr what is 50v never really hear before one...

If he mean NS50 then its mahal lah right?

vr2turbo

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:41 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,472 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Nov 23 2009, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The battery come in at N50, N50Z and NS70 for the bigger sizes, rated at 50amp, 60 amp and 65 amp respectively
Moreover there is the normal battery and the MF battery.
I just got a NS70 MF Century battery for RM230 and can trade in old battery for RM25.... smile_thumbup.gif

ususim

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:45 PM

ususim

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Nov 23 2009, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i don't really know battery much, but the guy told me that it's a 55 or 50volt or watt battery(i forgot). i thought it's too much but i was in a rush, so i had no choice but to change it. Please tell me if it's too much for it because i can still go back to the shop to argue for refund for the difference

limking

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:35 PM

limking

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Nov 23 2009, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The battery come in at N50, N50Z and NS70 for the bigger sizes, rated at 50amp, 60 amp and 65 amp respectively
Moreover there is the normal battery and the MF battery.
I just got a NS70 MF Century battery for RM230 and can trade in old battery for RM25.... smile_thumbup.gif

Wau lau eh ! RM230 for MF Century NS70 & some more can trade in for another RM25 . It's a really good buy then smile_thumbup.gif Last year around June / July check around for Century NS70 MF , the price was about above RM300 as I can remember . In the end settled for MF Road Master NS70 for around RM220 after trade in the old one . Most properly next month or so will be scouting for a new battery again . BTW have the price of battery drop much compare to early /middle of last year ? What's the average market price for a MF NS70 nowadays ?
PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! IT'LL GET YOU THE BEST WHEN TIME IS RIGHT AND SO WILL BE THE PRICE

vr2turbo

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:41 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,472 posts
QUOTE (ususim @ Nov 23 2009, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i don't really know battery much, but the guy told me that it's a 55 or 50volt or watt battery(i forgot). i thought it's too much but i was in a rush, so i had no choice but to change it. Please tell me if it's too much for it because i can still go back to the shop to argue for refund for the difference

different brand different price, even in different area/place, it is different price, therefore it is best you check the price with some shops near your place to compare..... smile_thumbup.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:43 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,472 posts
QUOTE (limking @ Nov 23 2009, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wau lau eh ! RM230 for MF Century NS70 & some more can trade in for another RM25 . It's a really good buy then smile_thumbup.gif Last year around June / July check around for Century NS70 MF , the price was about above RM300 as I can remember . In the end settled for MF Road Master NS70 for around RM220 after trade in the old one . Most properly next month or so will be scouting for a new battery again . BTW have the price of battery drop much compare to early /middle of last year ? What's the average market price for a MF NS70 nowadays ?

Bro. lim,
I just got mine, by shop did tell me it is old price, and showed me his new incoming stock which he is storing up, because the price is going up. Will be getting one for a colleague soon, so will check and see if the price has gone up..... smile_tongue.gif

AC19

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:43 PM

AC19

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 602 posts
any "side effects" if original is NS50 or NS60 but change to NS70?

darreltian

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:31 PM

darreltian

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts
QUOTE (ususim @ Nov 23 2009, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

my car has 2 items with yoko brand....tire and batt....from my experience yoko NS60 can last up to 2yrs and that is the reason i am still sticking to it....there is a yokohama batt factory near my place and the price I last checked was RM180 for NS60 during the peak price time...now shd be cheaper

any "side effects" if original is NS50 or NS60 but change to NS70?
yes there is...u pay more $