Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Yokohama Battery

• Please log in to reply

vr2turbo

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:03 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,471 posts
QUOTE (Dmax7 @ Jan 9 2012, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Found a 4x4 shop selling Yoko but maintenance free type. Price after trade in $400 for 70 series.

Too bad they don't sell maintainance type. Keep saying maintainance free the trend, their experiece 1.5-2 yrs no problem. But when ask how to know end of life ... ehmm .. typical reply: 'morning when start engin you will know'. But that's not the way to maintain a car you know. Agreed cannot rely on battery indicator.

Still looking for Yoko wet battery. No no to dry. 1.5-2 yrs is too short. Min 3 yrs to say YES to a good battery.

Nowadays, batteries last for 1.5 to 2 years only. I tried both and both about the same life time so now using MF ones, but RM400 is expensive if you mean NS70 size. Anyway, warranty is mostly for one year only.

Dmax7

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:21 PM

Dmax7

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jan 9 2012, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nowadays, batteries last for 1.5 to 2 years only. I tried both and both about the same life time so now using MF ones, but RM400 is expensive if you mean NS70 size. Anyway, warranty is mostly for one year only.

Thanks bro for feedback.

Will let you guys know if managed to hunt down where Yoko maintenance type wet batt is hiding.

Old mindset, once Yoko wet batt, always Yoko wet batt. Not working for Yoko by the way smile_tongue.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:51 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,471 posts
See if I remember to ask my mechanic. He used to sell the yokohama brand batteries..... smile_tongue.gif

Dmax7

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:10 AM

Dmax7

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
Found a good place that sells Yoko wet and dry battery. Price dirt cheap compares with wat some accessories shop quoted. Shocking to see how they slaughter the customers. smile_shock.gif

teman8778

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:55 PM

teman8778

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts
QUOTE (Dmax7 @ Jan 16 2012, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Found a good place that sells Yoko wet and dry battery. Price dirt cheap compares with wat some accessories shop quoted. Shocking to see how they slaughter the customers. smile_shock.gif

Dont want to got headache hunt for battery.. replaced my 14month old MF Century battery to Century MF Marathoner batt last Saturday (NS70 at RM230).. cheap/fair/expensive?

flee

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:56 PM

flee

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,018 posts
QUOTE (Dmax7 @ Jan 9 2012, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Old mindset, once Yoko wet batt, always Yoko wet batt. Not working for Yoko by the way smile_tongue.gif

The longest lasting battery that I used was the Yokohama flat top. Just need to check the battery levels every 3 months. Lasted me 5 years. Wanted to replace it with the same battery but the shop I went to closed already. So I went next door and got a Century battery. That lasted a little over 1 year.

I am now on Panasonic (Made in Thailand). Lets see how long this one will last.

Regards,
Flee

Dmax7

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:42 PM

Dmax7

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
QUOTE (teman8778 @ Jan 16 2012, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dont want to got headache hunt for battery.. replaced my 14month old MF Century battery to Century MF Marathoner batt last Saturday (NS70 at RM230).. cheap/fair/expensive?

Tat's same as Yoko MF batt. Yoko giving 12mths warranty for private vehicles, 6 mths for commercial incl. pickup.
Experience with wify's wira on Century not very durable, over a yr have to replace.

Guess problem v all MF is you cannot depend on the indicator which is basically useless. If you are hardworking need to use batt tester to check the batt status. At least maintainance batt you can visually tell/estimate the batt life when doing regular maintenance.

Dmax7

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:46 PM

Dmax7

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
QUOTE (flee @ Jan 16 2012, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The longest lasting battery that I used was the Yokohama flat top. Just need to check the battery levels every 3 months. Lasted me 5 years. Wanted to replace it with the same battery but the shop I went to closed already. So I went next door and got a Century battery. That lasted a little over 1 year.

I am now on Panasonic (Made in Thailand). Lets see how long this one will last.

Good to hear that I'm not the only luck one, if luck plays apart. smile_tongue.gif

How much Panasonic? Do remember to give feedback to the forum when time to replace. smile_thumbup.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:48 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,471 posts
QUOTE (Dmax7 @ Jan 16 2012, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Getting the battery from spare part shop, or battery wholesale shops are cheaper. If get from accessories or tyres shop are more expensive..... smile_blackeye.gif

QUOTE (Dmax7 @ Jan 16 2012, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tat's same as Yoko MF batt. Yoko giving 12mths warranty for private vehicles, 6 mths for commercial incl. pickup.
Experience with wify's wira on Century not very durable, over a yr have to replace.

Guess problem v all MF is you cannot depend on the indicator which is basically useless. If you are hardworking need to use batt tester to check the batt status. At least maintainance batt you can visually tell/estimate the batt life when doing regular maintenance.

Many MF batteries now don't have the indicator already...... smile_tongue.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:52 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,471 posts
QUOTE (teman8778 @ Jan 16 2012, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the Marathoner is the more expensive unit over the normal one.
You did not ask for the Ultramax, comes with 21 months warranty..... smile_tongue.gif