Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Kia Forte

• Please log in to reply

henry7774

Posted 26 November 2009 - 11:10 PM

henry7774

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
Does anybody know about the engine of this forte 1.6L and 2.0L ?
how is the performance and consumption?

I am not concerning the resale value, I just concern about driving pleasure, safety and performance!

anyone could help please post it !! thx ya....

moors

Posted 26 November 2009 - 11:56 PM

moors

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
Does anyone knows how to fix the wind noise (90km/h), engine noise above 4000RPM, floating feeling above 120 km/h?

MASsenger

Posted 27 November 2009 - 08:19 AM

MASsenger

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
QUOTE (henry7774 @ Nov 26 2009, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am not concerning the resale value, I just concern about driving pleasure, safety and performance!

Exactly my point of view. I intend to keep for 10years. According to several reviews, the Forte surpasses many Jap cars. It appears to have excellant safety features, good performance and improved FC. I`ve not tested it, but am told no floating feel at high speeds. I am certainly keen on this car.

The REALdeal

ikus

Posted 27 November 2009 - 09:32 AM

ikus

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 718 posts
QUOTE (henry7774 @ Nov 26 2009, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anybody know about the engine of this forte 1.6L and 2.0L ?
how is the performance and consumption?

anyone could help please post it !! thx ya....

Here, this is the kia forte brochure,
http://media2.paulta...specs-large.gif

*The 1.6 liter engine is 126 PS at 6,300rpm and 157Nm of torque at 4,200rpm
*The 2.0 liter engine is 156 PS at 6,200rpm and 194Nm of torque at 4,200rpm

Mr. Romeo

Jumpman23

Posted 27 November 2009 - 10:27 AM

Jumpman23

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts
driving pleasure, safety and performance!

Swedish brand VOLVO has failed as a result they were sold to China car maker.

Now left is BMW and Mercedes Benz these 2 are established therefore hard to go down. Will KIA follow the path of Volvo?

There are 3 out of 7 Malaysian will go for the above, most at the end will get Japanese car, that is how the market statistic shows today.

henry7774

Posted 28 November 2009 - 12:55 AM

henry7774

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
QUOTE (Jumpman23 @ Nov 27 2009, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now left is BMW and Mercedes Benz these 2 are established therefore hard to go down. Will KIA follow the path of Volvo?

There are 3 out of 7 Malaysian will go for the above, most at the end will get Japanese car, that is how the market statistic shows today.

Jumpman, the girl in your profile is very pretty, who is she?

No doubt that most of the Malaysian loves Jap car cos quality and resale value, but things might change, just like BN lost the 2/3...hehe...
anyway, if this car comes with built quality and cheaper than jap, I will go for it! Time to change our attitude on the jap car. Just my personal opinion, no offence

fkmfkm

Posted 28 November 2009 - 02:02 PM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (Jumpman23 @ Nov 27 2009, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

volvo sold to china ? become cherry s60R ?

darreltian

Posted 28 November 2009 - 02:44 PM

darreltian

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts
QUOTE (fkmfkm @ Nov 28 2009, 02:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
volvo sold to china ? become cherry s60R ?

smile_big.gif do not underestimate china auto manufacturers...even warren buffett sees their potential

Jumpman23

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:56 AM

Jumpman23

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts
the girl in your profile is very pretty, who is she?

Any girl if put on make up sure pretty.

just like BN lost the 2/3...hehe...

Malaysian took too long to realize their rights.

anyway, if this car comes with built quality and cheaper than jap, I will go for it! Time to change our attitude on the jap car. Just my personal opinion, no offence

The Korean car always put in more value and new technology to attract Malaysian, but the outcome will still be the same, generally, Malaysian will want better resale value. Like 7 out of 10 Malaysian will want to have higher rebate value after 5 years, 7 years and 9 years they repay the loan facility with bank. Now KIA optima is selling MYR 82K Spectra basic MYR 4xK Special ED is MYR 52K i think they can simply cut cost to LELONG the old stock.

Unlike Japanese car, they are more established and the quality is proven generally.

I just took my car to service, the service was great, unlike Proton, the Service Receptionist attend to us promptly, just tell her the plate number and give the warranty book. They can also check for us what is the problem, even we didn't or forgot to tell them.

I'm pretty satisfied with Japanese car service. I don't know about KIA service center.

judedavid

Posted 29 November 2009 - 10:04 AM

judedavid

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
I am in love with the kia forte. how long do you think it will take for the pricetag of this car to reduce to about RM5x,000?

how long did it take for the optima to drop to Rm82,000 and for the spectra to drop to Rm4x,000?
thanks, Jude...