Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Gaido Timing Belt Kits

• Please log in to reply

wangi

Posted 07 October 2009 - 02:05 PM

wangi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
Dear all,

Not much information i can get from the net. Anyone has been using it ? Please comments. Thanks.

vr2turbo

Posted 07 October 2009 - 03:58 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (wangi @ Oct 7 2009, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear all,

Not much information i can get from the net. Anyone has been using it ? Please comments. Thanks.

Have not heard before? Where from? If unsure, stick back to popular makes...... smile_thumbup.gif

wangi

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:39 AM

wangi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Oct 7 2009, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have not heard before? Where from? If unsure, stick back to popular makes...... smile_thumbup.gif

The Gaido Malaysia company founded in 2005 (http://www.gaido.com.my/aboutus.htm). Have called them up and they give 100,000 km or 2 years warranty for all the damage in the engine smile_thumbup.gif , not just the belt. There is why i want to check with other users for the reliability of the kits before buying. BTW, the price for the kits also very attractive. I want to stick to MMC one, but it seems no warranty given and also a lot imitate in the market smile_blackeye.gif .

wangi

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:49 AM

wangi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Oct 7 2009, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I saw the kits selling in other forum. One of the staff in gaido company not sure from where, he just said from foriegn company. Will call them again to check.

darreltian

Posted 08 October 2009 - 11:27 AM

darreltian

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts
QUOTE (wangi @ Oct 8 2009, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I saw the kits selling in other forum. One of the staff in gaido company not sure from where, he just said from foriegn company. Will call them again to check.

i am using the 100K for my wajunk...many spare part shops are selling it, if no good they will not sell it smile_sleepy.gif

rallychamp

Posted 08 October 2009 - 11:31 AM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
so if the belts snapped prematurely and caused damage to engine internal they will repair/replace totally costs free to us or what???

must check the disclaimer first....if yes then no worry lorrr... smile_thumbup.gif

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

vr2turbo

Posted 08 October 2009 - 01:04 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (rallychamp @ Oct 8 2009, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so if the belts snapped prematurely and caused damage to engine internal they will repair/replace totally costs free to us or what???

must check the disclaimer first....if yes then no worry lorrr... smile_thumbup.gif

Heard this before. Nothing happens okay. If belt snaps, then say installed wrongly, blah. blah. blah.....all sorts of excuse. smile_blackeye.gif
Like bro. rally mentioned read the fine lines......... smile_tongue.gif

darreltian

Posted 08 October 2009 - 02:17 PM

darreltian

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Oct 8 2009, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heard this before. Nothing happens okay. If belt snaps, then say installed wrongly, blah. blah. blah.....all sorts of excuse. smile_blackeye.gif

In case of claim, Gaido will sent their representative to ascertain what causes the belt to snap, which is the worse case...of course they exclude conditions i.e. belt contaminated due to leaking oil...if installed wrongly i believe the driver will notice abnormal sound and power losses instantly after installation...at least they have the confidence to give 2 yrs or 100K km warranty....before this, I used MMC and no warranty at all

wangi

Posted 08 October 2009 - 02:35 PM

wangi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
QUOTE (darreltian @ Oct 8 2009, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i am using the 100K for my wajunk...many spare part shops are selling it, if no good they will not sell it smile_sleepy.gif

Hi darreltian,

May i know how much your car km usage up to now after installing? Where it make from? Any disclaimer as mentioned by bro. rallychamp. Thanks.

QUOTE (rallychamp @ Oct 8 2009, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Oct 8 2009, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes. What I was told it cover all costs for free including damage to engine internal parts. Hope they dont give any excuse if any think wrong smile_big.gif .

vr2turbo

Posted 08 October 2009 - 04:18 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (darreltian @ Oct 8 2009, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In case of claim, Gaido will sent their representative to ascertain what causes the belt to snap, which is the worse case...of course they exclude conditions i.e. belt contaminated due to leaking oil...if installed wrongly i believe the driver will notice abnormal sound and power losses instantly after installation...at least they have the confidence to give 2 yrs or 100K km warranty....before this, I used MMC and no warranty at all

Thanks for the info.
It is only that I have ran foul of warranty claims before that is why I am skeptical about it.

My Monroe absorbers are given 6 months warranty, but they went soft within 3 months. Sending back to them, they just press on the car, and then jack the car up to take a look and then said, "NO JAM & NO LEAK" cannot claim..... smile_blackeye.gif