Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Duragloss Detailing Steps

• Please log in to reply

munwai

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

munwai

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
I just bought a Bosch 125AE, with intention to have it easier to apply wax on my car, but now considering for some minor polish.

I have 2 cars, one dark (new ride) and one is white. The white one's paint condition is quite poor as it was previously washed at petrol station, so the chemicals used have badly affected the paintwork. Most of the issue is having black streak marks that cannot be clayed off (I use perma glass claybar). A polish at the shop would restore the white back nicely, but eventually the dirt will return (this car is parked outdoors at home and at office, can't be helped) from the rain and other factors.

for both cars, how can DG501 help? or should I consider other products? I have no intention of spending on any other DA or RB.

On a side note, can the LC pads just be attached to the Bosch directly, or is some form of modification needed? was too busy I haven't even unpacked the item fromthe box!

zrixter

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:36 PM

zrixter

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
QUOTE (munwai @ Feb 18 2013, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just bought a Bosch 125AE, with intention to have it easier to apply wax on my car, but now considering for some minor polish.

I have 2 cars, one dark (new ride) and one is white. The white one's paint condition is quite poor as it was previously washed at petrol station, so the chemicals used have badly affected the paintwork. Most of the issue is having black streak marks that cannot be clayed off (I use perma glass claybar). A polish at the shop would restore the white back nicely, but eventually the dirt will return (this car is parked outdoors at home and at office, can't be helped) from the rain and other factors.

for both cars, how can DG501 help? or should I consider other products? I have no intention of spending on any other DA or RB.

On a side note, can the LC pads just be attached to the Bosch directly, or is some form of modification needed? was too busy I haven't even unpacked the item fromthe box!

501 should able to clean your paintwork, if found persistent dirt, can try 652 pre-cleaner, should be able to do the paint cleaning job. From my experience with 501, black streak can easily clean via 501.

vr2turbo

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
Yup, DG501 is not abrasive polish, in fact is an AIO (all in one) with slight protection, therefore it is better to finish with DG105 after that.
For the black streak, easily removed by DG501, however try to wash the car more often then the black streak would not etch onto the paint. The black streak is due to prolong rain and dried in the sun effect.....

munwai

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:12 AM

munwai

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
Cool, thanks for the info and will try it out!