Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Roof Box System For Rondo Ex Model

• Please log in to reply

sugen

Posted 15 October 2009 - 05:47 PM

sugen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 918 posts
Any changes to share with you some pic?

QUOTE (okwaja @ Oct 15 2009, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
finally arrived on 13/10. I've tried out the roofbag with door strap, yes it work. firm and secure during my test drive at my taman area, i stuff in alot of empty boxes, newspaper, pillow, etc... you will be amazed how many items can go into this bag!! smile_approve.gif

now on the water leaking issue, I've done the sitmulation, the water do sip into the car interior, 1 thru the intteruptted weathersheild and 2nd thru the water absorbent strap. I sitmulated with very heavy rain, full blast the water hose at the specific area, then only the water sipped in. I got the advice from them to overcome this issue, 1st spray the strap with silicon spray to make it water repellent and 2nd customized the addtional weathershield to cover the intterupted sealing area. i've not yet try, may be this evening to try it out.

buckeyes

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:02 PM

buckeyes

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
finally arrived on 13/10. I've tried out the roofbag with door strap, yes it work. firm and secure during my test drive at my taman area, i stuff in alot of empty boxes, newspaper, pillow, etc... you will be amazed how many items can go into this bag!! smile_approve.gif

now on the water leaking issue, I've done the sitmulation, the water do sip into the car interior, 1 thru the intteruptted weathersheild and 2nd thru the water absorbent strap. I sitmulated with very heavy rain, full blast the water hose at the specific area, then only the water sipped in. I got the advice from them to overcome this issue, 1st spray the strap with silicon spray to make it water repellent and 2nd customized the addtional weathershield to cover the intterupted sealing area. i've not yet try, may be this evening to try it out.

Hi okwaja,

Just happened to google and found this forum topic. I am very interested and curious to find out how is your roofbag? Also, when you ordered, are there any duty to be paid when clearing custom. Thanks.

mahmoody

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:04 AM

mahmoody

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

okwaja, so how is your roofbag, does it meet your expectation, any issues.
moody

okwaja

Posted 09 August 2010 - 02:04 PM

okwaja

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 814 posts
hi mahmoody, sorry for replying very late cause now no much time for me with this forum, shifted job function in the company.
this coming handy when travel with full board. this company actually quite good in customer care,I ve made an official complaint and they have given me a free set of waterproof strap. I've used it once - Cameron trip, I remember at certain strecth of the road raining cat and dog for about 20 minutes which forced us to stop at the Tapah rest area, checking at the door edge, no water sipped in, hurray. Now worrying the water proof bag, once reached the destination, check the luggage, all in perfect condition, very dry. Also check if the bag moved? No, not even 1 mm. We quickly unstrap it and fold it up and leave it at the apartment. The duffle bag also another great design, which allowed you to pre-pack it nicely before loaded on the roof top. About the fuel consumption, I think will be very minimum or no impact at all. Still the almost same amount of petrol used from my previos trip to CH.

The only bad thing of this bag is due to hygiene issue, my wife forced me to wash it and dry it before pack and store it. Well good thing, perhaps.

Anyway, I might have to let go this set of bag with full accessories due to some personnel reason. Interesting? Let me know for the price.

blowsh

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

blowsh

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Any issue on safety since it is not a hardshell case?

Was planning to get one too...

okwaja

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

okwaja

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 814 posts
kept the roofbag at my store room for quite sometime, after my CH trip. Interested? If price ngam will let go.