Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Car Shampoo Review

• Please log in to reply

vr2turbo

Posted 09 June 2009 - 06:06 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 69,803 posts
QUOTE (spirit36 @ Jun 9 2009, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
then you should do the same and show how shine your engine and bay condition is.... smile_thumbup.gif smile_approve.gif

bro. spirit,

You misunderstand. They open bonnet to see what modification you have done to the engine.
Injectors, cables, turbine, blow valve, etc. etc....... or what engine you have not how clean...ha! ha!

That one must open sifu krismas bonnet...... smile_thumbup.gif

spirit36

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:54 PM

spirit36

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jun 9 2009, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bro. spirit,

You misunderstand. They open bonnet to see what modification you have done to the engine.
Injectors, cables, turbine, blow valve, etc. etc....... or what engine you have not how clean...ha! ha!

That one must open sifu krismas bonnet...... smile_thumbup.gif

Tuan,
Can open your bonnet mah...u oso detailing many many moons can show off your shining cables, block head etc etc.
Slowly can poison them into detailing and we all stand for more freebies....he he smile_tongue.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:46 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 69,803 posts
QUOTE (spirit36 @ Jun 9 2009, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tuan,
Can open your bonnet mah...u oso detailing many many moons can show off your shining cables, block head etc etc.
Slowly can poison them into detailing and we all stand for more freebies....he he smile_tongue.gif

Mine standard modification, they just take a look and walk off.....ha! ha!

ralf

Posted 12 June 2009 - 12:00 AM

ralf

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,601 posts
I have finish one bottle of Zaino Z7..abit expensive.

but now switch to my high sud concentrate own made shampoo. hehe smile_shy.gif It is mixture of dish washing liquid + cheap car shampoo. Good cleaning power without strip off too much wax.. smile_wink.gif

There can be only one . âă

g88

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:34 AM

g88

Duke of Hazzard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,280 posts
QUOTE (ralf @ Jun 12 2009, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have finish one bottle of Zaino Z7..abit expensive.

but now switch to my high sud concentrate own made shampoo. hehe smile_shy.gif It is mixture of dish washing liquid + cheap car shampoo. Good cleaning power without strip off too much wax.. smile_wink.gif

what's the dilution like ?

fishbonez

Posted 12 June 2009 - 03:35 PM

fishbonez

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 526 posts
hellooo hope can tumpang thread just to show my mini-review on the Optimum Car Wash that's been mentioned by Spidey.

Optimum Car Shampoo review

Thanks to Krismas for the sample of Optimum Car Shampoo.
So we have here a daily driver that sits outside 24/7 with about a week’s worth of dirt.

70ml of Optimum Car Wash is then measured and poured into the wash solution bucket, while the rinse bucket holds clean water with two grit guards sitting at the bottom.

fishbonez

Posted 12 June 2009 - 03:36 PM

fishbonez

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 526 posts

My initial sense while mixing the shampoo is that it’s very slick and slippery.
After using the much money-saving Osren shampoo (about RM0.20 per wash), I’ve forgotten the feel of a luxurious shampoo. The difference is that with the Osren shampoo, my lambswool wash mitt feel like hair that’s been washed with just shampoo. With the Opt wash, the mitt feels like hair that’s been washed and conditioned several times.

The mitt glides on the paint very easily and rinses off easily with a gentle stream of water.

fishbonez

Posted 12 June 2009 - 03:38 PM

fishbonez

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 526 posts
Here the panel is wearing a week’s old coat of Optimum Car Wax.

The next thing that surprised me was the strength of the suds/foam/lather. I normally remove my grit guard from the rinse bucket before throwing the water out, here’s a picture of the RINSE bucket after removing the grit guard. Looks like whipped cream.

After drying the car, the lubricity and suds of shampoo helped to achieve a safe swirl-free wash.
(This panel was polished with M205 and protected with Zaino Z2 a week ago)

fishbonez

Posted 12 June 2009 - 03:40 PM

fishbonez

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 526 posts
I then waxed the rest of the car with Optimum Car Wax.

Yeah I know, the orange peel… :'(

In conclusion, if you can afford it, go for it!
Pros: great lubricity, strong suds, good cleaning power.
Cons: can’t be sourced locally(yet?)

KrisMas

Posted 12 June 2009 - 04:25 PM

KrisMas

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts
What a great write-up and review....as always.

btw how many gallons of water did you mix with the 70ml of Opt Shampoo? I've tried 2oz to 3 gallons and it's still working great....