Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Pioneer Sound System.

• Please log in to reply

subz3ro

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:57 PM

subz3ro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Hi guys,

I am new in ICE. I have a few things i need help on. What u guys think bout the pioneer sound system? In terms of amp and sub? I've recently bought a Pioneer HU deh-p4050ub for around rm550. Is it recommended to install a full Pioneer set? How much a pioneer gm-6300f worth in the market now? I got a quote for rm940!

If not, then what u guys recommend for a good amp, sub and component speakers for around rm2500 including installation?
Please help!

fkmfkm

Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:02 PM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (subz3ro @ Aug 4 2009, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi guys,

I am new in ICE. I have a few things i need help on. What u guys think bout the pioneer sound system? In terms of amp and sub? I've recently bought a Pioneer HU deh-p4050ub for around rm550. Is it recommended to install a full Pioneer set? How much a pioneer gm-6300f worth in the market now? I got a quote for rm940!

If not, then what u guys recommend for a good amp, sub and component speakers for around rm2500 including installation?
Please help!

if u search for some 2nd hand items..2500 is not bad....try mycarhifi.com

artemus

Posted 05 August 2009 - 07:57 AM

artemus

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 813 posts
its overpriced..gm 6300f is 2007 model if im not mistaken..i can get it here for rm600 only...(excluding instllation)
it hv been replaced with gm6400f..and ive own one for bout 2 month now..bought it rm700 only..

by d way if u do some research..theres a lot of bad comment on gm6300f..heating issue..d gm6400f heatsink is more better..n pioneer make it more compact..

by d way if u want full product pioneer go to much higher end 1..such as prs or dm series..
but my advise ,better u buy european,american ice product..that solely their main product is ICE.. such as dls,morel,genesis, phd,steg...japs product is not bad..but..dunno how to say ah..hehehe

for me..HU is japs expertise..
but drivers or amps..leave it to d mat salleh one..except for d highend japs model such as alpine f1,pioneer odr..
and im thinking of sellin my 2 months old gm6400f (10 months warranty left) .. just pm me if ure interested..not urgent sell.. wanna upgrade my ice
cheap and fast wont be reliable
fast and reliable wont b cheap
reliable and cheap wont be fast

baldwin

Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:07 AM

baldwin

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts
I've tried various brand and all the mixing around of spks, amps, HU's and currently on the Pioneer P80-RSII, Pioneer amp and sub.

It's not the best (yet) but definitely does justice to all the audiophile cd's.

Join the ICE sifu's during their TT to get a clearer picture..but most importantly, it's what sounds good to u that matters, not price/brand/forummer recommendations.

cheers!

SplitFire

Posted 05 August 2009 - 11:31 AM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,879 posts
QUOTE (baldwin @ Aug 5 2009, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've tried various brand and all the mixing around of spks, amps, HU's and currently on the Pioneer P80-RSII, Pioneer amp and sub.

It's not the best (yet) but definitely does justice to all the audiophile cd's.

Join the ICE sifu's during their TT to get a clearer picture..but most importantly, it's what sounds good to u that matters, not price/brand/forummer recommendations.

cheers!

There...another sifu here... smile_big.gif

How's your trip to Singapore, Baldwin bro?
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

Zennn

Posted 05 August 2009 - 12:36 PM

Zennn

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 929 posts
pioneer makes decent cd players, but not amps, subs or speakers

so i suggest u look for other brands of amplifiers and speakers, do your research online at other car audio forums, such as mycarhifi or icehifi, and also go to any TT they organise, u will get a better picture and get your answers immediately.

subz3ro

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:55 PM

subz3ro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
aww meaning pioneer is not famous for its amp and sub? alright will do some research at mycarhifi. thanks a lot guys for the heads up!

fkmfkm

Posted 05 August 2009 - 11:05 PM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (subz3ro @ Aug 5 2009, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
aww meaning pioneer is not famous for its amp and sub? alright will do some research at mycarhifi. thanks a lot guys for the heads up!

i think i have never seen pioneer amp and drivers.. haha..

baldwin

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:32 AM

baldwin

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts
QUOTE (SplitFire @ Aug 5 2009, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There...another sifu here... smile_big.gif

How's your trip to Singapore, Baldwin bro?

ahh...split sifu...it was a good one. Was in the Lion City till midnite on Sunday before heading straight to KL the same night.
Great meeting up wit u....Mr.President... haha!

QUOTE (subz3ro @ Aug 5 2009, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

this I agree.... but the PRS spks and amps are pretty decent to match up though =)

Speaking of which..anyone got clue when's the upcoming ICE TT?

Zennn

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:21 PM

Zennn

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 929 posts
QUOTE (baldwin @ Aug 6 2009, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Speaking of which..anyone got clue when's the upcoming ICE TT?

u hav to check at mycarhifi

but my own small tt every friday in ampang always on one hehe...