Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Thp Tyre Discussion

• Please log in to reply

shakiraa

Posted 06 July 2009 - 04:49 PM

shakiraa

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
Hi guys,

Undeniably this beautiful lion is a damn powerful car, but i believe most bro have some issue with the bumpy-ness mainly due to the 17" wheel with low profile.

I got some great input from a few bros here. Maybe we can discuss on what can we do to further improve this, so we will have a really perfect car smile.gif Good for driver and also for passenger.

1. Change tyre to Good Year F1 Asymmetric. (bro sam81 already done it and see improvement)
2. Inflate tyre pressure to 235-240 region (sharing from bro autopug)
3. ....change to 16"? but prefer to stick with 17", looks nicer with the car

hah

Posted 06 July 2009 - 05:13 PM

hah

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
QUOTE (shakiraa @ Jul 6 2009, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi guys,

Undeniably this beautiful lion is a damn powerful car, but i believe most bro have some issue with the bumpy-ness mainly due to the 17" wheel with low profile.

I got some great input from a few bros here. Maybe we can discuss on what can we do to further improve this, so we will have a really perfect car smile.gif Good for driver and also for passenger.

1. Change tyre to Good Year F1 Asymmetric. (bro sam81 already done it and see improvement)
2. Inflate tyre pressure to 235-240 region (sharing from bro autopug)
3. ....change to 16"? but prefer to stick with 17", looks nicer with the car

agreed with u on the bumpyness, that's the price we have to pay for better road holding and undeniably gorgeous look. i'm toying with the idea of increasing the tyre profile to say eg. 50 or 55 from the current 45 but maintaining the 17". probably may be more comfortable but not sure on the effect of road holding. however i'll stick to the current csc3 till its time to change, its not cheap mah. the 1st & 2nd batch i was inform shod with pirelli P1, are they better than csc3? may b can swap wt the 3rd batch to justify it, who wanna b the 1st to give it a try??

willbeh

Posted 06 July 2009 - 05:53 PM

willbeh

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
QUOTE (hah @ Jul 6 2009, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
agreed with u on the bumpyness, that's the price we have to pay for better road holding and undeniably gorgeous look. i'm toying with the idea of increasing the tyre profile to say eg. 50 or 55 from the current 45 but maintaining the 17". probably may be more comfortable but not sure on the effect of road holding. however i'll stick to the current csc3 till its time to change, its not cheap mah. the 1st & 2nd batch i was inform shod with pirelli P1, are they better than csc3? may b can swap wt the 3rd batch to justify it, who wanna b the 1st to give it a try??

Mine is the first batch and using CSC3. Can feel slightly bumpy. Putting the pressure down to 230 may help slightly. Now i maintain mine at 240.

behcw

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:46 AM

behcw

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
Some food for thought:

Bumpyness is just a trade off you get for the cool looks and the extra grip. Basically you won't see the effect until greater speed, so does the tyre pressure's affect. Handling and comfort always at the either end, you gotta take your pick. But if you don't speed, i don't think the 17" is going to bother you either, crusing slowly is always comfortable and your right leg also cannot 'tahan' ....

Too much pressure, you wear of the center of the tyres. Too less, you wear off the outer lines ..

Putting at lower pressure adversely creates a psuedo feel of more grip - but fact is your compromising the side wall and uneven wear of the tyre. The additional contact also indirectly create more heat when you go high speed which is how those blowouts occurs at the first place. Another thing to consider is aquaplaning .. incorrect lower pressure does not improve grip as most ppl think - it is exactly the opposite, as controversially it ruins the functional design of the water channels in your tyres, hence it may not dissipate water correctly as per designed.

This are some of the understandings i get from the net .. hence i always check my tyres before long journey as I'm a speed freak ... when you speed, it will always be bumpy unless you have a nice road ... pug is consider great already as I still got passengers dosing off when i driving >170 and frankly after a few rounds of aquaplanning around highway .. you would too ...
Don't wait for chances, create them!
Life is short, Play Hard!

http://behcw.blogspot.com

l00n3y

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:17 AM

l00n3y

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
QUOTE (willbeh @ Jul 6 2009, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mine is the first batch and using CSC3. Can feel slightly bumpy. Putting the pressure down to 230 may help slightly. Now i maintain mine at 240.

darn. i think i need to increase my tire pressure... currently on 210 only.... o.O!
ju57 my l337 7w0 c3n75

shakiraa

Posted 07 July 2009 - 05:09 PM

shakiraa

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
QUOTE (behcw @ Jul 7 2009, 08:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some food for thought:

Bumpyness is just a trade off you get for the cool looks and the extra grip. Basically you won't see the effect until greater speed, so does the tyre pressure's affect. Handling and comfort always at the either end, you gotta take your pick. But if you don't speed, i don't think the 17" is going to bother you either, crusing slowly is always comfortable and your right leg also cannot 'tahan' ....

Too much pressure, you wear of the center of the tyres. Too less, you wear off the outer lines ..

Putting at lower pressure adversely creates a psuedo feel of more grip - but fact is your compromising the side wall and uneven wear of the tyre. The additional contact also indirectly create more heat when you go high speed which is how those blowouts occurs at the first place. Another thing to consider is aquaplaning .. incorrect lower pressure does not improve grip as most ppl think - it is exactly the opposite, as controversially it ruins the functional design of the water channels in your tyres, hence it may not dissipate water correctly as per designed.

This are some of the understandings i get from the net .. hence i always check my tyres before long journey as I'm a speed freak ... when you speed, it will always be bumpy unless you have a nice road ... pug is consider great already as I still got passengers dosing off when i driving >170 and frankly after a few rounds of aquaplanning around highway .. you would too ...

very informative indeed. thx.

understand the trade-off, just want to see what else we can "explore" to improve that.

behcw

Posted 07 July 2009 - 05:34 PM

behcw

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
QUOTE (shakiraa @ Jul 7 2009, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
very informative indeed. thx.

understand the trade-off, just want to see what else we can "explore" to improve that.

Dun worry shakiraa .... I also itch when somebody say they found better tyres.
You should probably just meetup with samt81 and test drive his after his change to see whether is it worth the change ..
Don't wait for chances, create them!
Life is short, Play Hard!

http://behcw.blogspot.com

samt81

Posted 08 July 2009 - 01:13 PM

samt81

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 698 posts
QUOTE (behcw @ Jul 7 2009, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dun worry shakiraa .... I also itch when somebody say they found better tyres.
You should probably just meetup with samt81 and test drive his after his change to see whether is it worth the change ..

ya ya.. lets us share a bit.
pls pm me.

shakiraa

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:02 AM

shakiraa

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
thank you guys, appreciate all the kind feebacks.

jules308

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:25 AM

jules308

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
for me...been sticking to 36psi...its not that bumpy la...more concern about the road condition in kl...and hope my rims wont bengkok !

say, anyone has any feedback with their tires performance during the rain?