Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Ron95 Or 97 For Citroen Grand C4?

• Please log in to reply

tansamuel

Posted 18 June 2009 - 04:35 PM

tansamuel

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
I checked with Brooklands Motors, was recommended to go with RON97 for our Grand C4.

What do you think?
hisamueltan | daily blog of a husband + father who works in public relations industry

supermag

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:32 AM

supermag

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,270 posts
QUOTE (tansamuel @ Jun 18 2009, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I checked with Brooklands Motors, was recommended to go with RON97 for our Grand C4.

What do you think?

check ur own manual. sometimes, the service centers here don't know ass. my 97 zx can use 95 at least but since no 95 for now, gotta stick to 97.

Jokers to my left, clowns to my right.

Silver Canary Power!

tansamuel

Posted 21 June 2009 - 08:33 AM

tansamuel

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
Thks for the reply!
hisamueltan | daily blog of a husband + father who works in public relations industry

nuggyn

Posted 21 June 2009 - 01:48 PM

nuggyn

Bullit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,799 posts
QUOTE (supermag @ Jun 19 2009, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
check ur own manual. sometimes, the service centers here don't know ass. my 97 zx can use 95 at least but since no 95 for now, gotta stick to 97.

ZX can run on Ron95?! smile_shock.gifsmile_thumbup.gif

any noticed difference with using Ron97? ** besides wallet getting thinner **

carlion

Posted 21 June 2009 - 10:02 PM

carlion

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts
Yes, to read OWNERS' MANUAL. If RON 95 is recommended then just use RON 95. Usage of any higher octane rating fuel will have NO added advantage.

Your Choice.

terencetai

Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:49 AM

terencetai

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
QUOTE (carlion @ Jun 21 2009, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, to read OWNERS' MANUAL. If RON 95 is recommended then just use RON 95. Usage of any higher octane rating fuel will have NO added advantage.

Your Choice.

unsure.gif I feed My ZX (A)'97 with RON 92 lately unsure.gif
Best Regards

supermag

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:13 AM

supermag

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,270 posts
QUOTE (terencetai @ Jun 23 2009, 12:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
unsure.gif I feed My ZX (A)'97 with RON 92 lately unsure.gif

any loss of power? i understand that in cars with ecu, the ecu will adjust the engine timing so that it doesn't ping but loss of power of the adjustment.

Silver Canary Power!

tansamuel

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:48 AM

tansamuel

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
I filled it with Caltex Techron Gold before going to Ipoh. Noticed there is no increase of power on GC4P and also the consumption seems to be higher even though I was on the highway. 390KM with 54litre.

I am trying Shell Super and see the differences.

terencetai

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:57 AM

terencetai

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
Supermag,
to me,i am kinda light foot driver most of the time,It is hardly to noticed the loss of power for this 12 yrs old car & it is with an auto transmission some more.

But the engine doesnt ping, i 've jz had my engine tuned for better fuel consumption, i can see the rpm is lower than before ,
hopefully can get 9-10k /liter for 50%town/50% highway driving 059.gif .

Samual,390km/54 liter=7.2km/liter is a bit high consumption.
what speed you were driving in highway? 180km/h? or what is rpm when it is at 100km/h? the lower the better f/c you can get.
LIKE FRYING A KUEY TEOW MEE.

& the GOOD NEWS IS you will have better f/c when your car is RUN IN after 1st normal service smile_thumbup.gif .

Best Regards

supermag

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:17 PM

supermag

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,270 posts
QUOTE (terencetai @ Jun 24 2009, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Supermag,
to me,i am kinda light foot driver most of the time,It is hardly to noticed the loss of power for this 12 yrs old car & it is with an auto transmission some more.

But the engine doesnt ping, i 've jz had my engine tuned for better fuel consumption, i can see the rpm is lower than before ,
hopefully can get 9-10k /liter for 50%town/50% highway driving 059.gif .

i understand our engine will not ping if using ron lesser than 95 cos ecu adjusts the timing. err,,how did you tune your engine for better FC? i am now running on thinner oil to see how much i can get.

Silver Canary Power!