Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Any Recommended Workshop?

• Please log in to reply

thinkerr

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:03 AM

thinkerr

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts
QUOTE (FEMLab @ Jun 15 2009, 09:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro..PM you already..last time consider normal paint shop also..but.."normally" paint shop will re-spray the whole panel..i.e. lost the original paint..some more..seem that in your case..its 2 panel..i.e door and the back panel..

So I settle with chipsaway in batu caves (check their webpage for contact no)..

Also my research last time, I also considering a paint workshope behind auto bavaria sg besi..the BMW forum said that this is where Sg Besi AB sent their car if got small scratches and paint job..(but still paint whole panel)..might worth to check out if you live in that area

My two cent bro..hope its help

Can share info of such places? Never know it might come in handy.

mizhael

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:12 AM

mizhael

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts
QUOTE (FEMLab @ Jun 15 2009, 09:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro..PM you already..last time consider normal paint shop also..but.."normally" paint shop will re-spray the whole panel..i.e. lost the original paint..some more..seem that in your case..its 2 panel..i.e door and the back panel..

So I settle with chipsaway in batu caves (check their webpage for contact no)..

Also my research last time, I also considering a paint workshope behind auto bavaria sg besi..the BMW forum said that this is where Sg Besi AB sent their car if got small scratches and paint job..(but still paint whole panel)..might worth to check out if you live in that area

My two cent bro..hope its help

Wah, 2 panels. sure expensive. Somemore the color might look different later. sad.gif

alankkwong

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:45 PM

alankkwong

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
I am still in Brunei now... only coming back after June 25th. Will be in KL for 3 weeks before flying off to Hong Kong. I can offer to take you the Jalan Ipoh and check out the pricing...
Its not what you have...... its how you use it!!

samt81

Posted 15 June 2009 - 05:47 PM

samt81

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 698 posts
QUOTE (mizhael @ Jun 15 2009, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wah, 2 panels. sure expensive. Somemore the color might look different later. sad.gif

hi MIZ,

Check with SC n double confirm the color code 1st b4 u go n fix it...

So new, sorry to c that !

FEMLab

Posted 16 June 2009 - 09:33 AM

FEMLab

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts
QUOTE (samt81 @ Jun 15 2009, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi MIZ,

samt81

Dont need..good paint shop will know where to find the colour code (i.e. near the door panel - below or top of the recomended tyre pressure for our 308).

Then, in my case, the painter open up his peugeot-citroen colour chart and show you the exact colour he will re-spay your car with.

mizhael,
Looking at yoiur photo again, is you car really got dented?? or just scratch??
If only scratch, Chipsaway should charge you cheaper, they dont need to pull out the dent using the suction cup, put putty, sand over it, primer, body colour and finaly clear coat..

If only scratch maybe they can skip the suction cup and putty part (i dont know maybe yuo need to ask them)

FEMLab

mizhael

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:00 PM

mizhael

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts
QUOTE (samt81 @ Jun 15 2009, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi MIZ,

I had called SC and they also ask me to read it from door panel.
Let me capture photo of the label at door panel later, cause none of it look like color code to me.

mizhael

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:03 PM

mizhael

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts
QUOTE (FEMLab @ Jun 16 2009, 09:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
samt81

Dont need..good paint shop will know where to find the colour code (i.e. near the door panel - below or top of the recomended tyre pressure for our 308).

Then, in my case, the painter open up his peugeot-citroen colour chart and show you the exact colour he will re-spay your car with.

mizhael,
If only scratch, Chipsaway should charge you cheaper, they dont need to pull out the dent using the suction cup, put putty, sand over it, primer, body colour and finaly clear coat..

If only scratch maybe they can skip the suction cup and putty part (i dont know maybe yuo need to ask them)

FEMLab, those white color area is dented area and original color had peeled off.
Now need to finish up my work, then only can go to fix the car. Btw, cglow car also got same faith like mine.
Now waiting for his photo to see whether serious as mine.

mizhael

Posted 16 June 2009 - 01:01 PM

mizhael

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts
QUOTE (FEMLab @ Jun 16 2009, 09:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
samt81

mizhael,

FEMLab, those white color area is dented area and original color had peeled off.
Now need to finish up my work, then only can go to fix the car. Btw, bro cglow car also got same faith like mine.

FEMLab

Posted 16 June 2009 - 02:54 PM

FEMLab

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts
QUOTE (mizhael @ Jun 16 2009, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now need to finish up my work, then only can go to fix the car. Btw, bro cglow car also got same faith like mine.

Man..better fix it fast..my wife hit the kerb on my 1st day collect the car..i know the feeling..do wait much longer bro to get it fix..it will just eat you from inside..

Sorry for you two
FEMLab

mizhael

Posted 16 June 2009 - 05:53 PM

mizhael

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts
QUOTE (mizhael @ Jun 16 2009, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had called SC and they also ask me to read it from door panel.
Let me capture photo of the label at door panel later, cause none of it look like color code to me.

Here is the photo.
Which one is color code? 1165088 806 KTH?