Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Tiara Renovation Project

• Please log in to reply

tnash

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:37 PM

tnash

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts
QUOTE (duratena @ Jun 25 2009, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dug deep into older threads and found several workshops.

so...for starters, i was wondering whether among harapan, bengkel sri emas and elite (all in batu caves area) can do the above (and more!)

some said ah keong (i'm assuming from Keong Car Services in Taman Mayang Jaya) is well-versed on older models in this thread. so i take it a tiara would be "kacang putih" for him?

guys, any recommendation by tiara owners as to where you send yours for major/minor repairs? can't wait to spruce up this baby...!

smile_cool.gif

duratena,

Why not give a shout to Ah Wai of All Touch Auto at USJ Subang Jaya.
He deals with Peugeot and Citroen cars most. H/P 019-262 3947 ( Ah Wai ) or Citroen sifu
( Surjit ) 016-221 6644.

Cheers!!!
tnash

duratena

Posted 26 June 2009 - 03:18 PM

duratena

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
QUOTE (tnash @ Jun 25 2009, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
smile_cool.gif

duratena,

Why not give a shout to Ah Wai of All Touch Auto at USJ Subang Jaya.
He deals with Peugeot and Citroen cars most. H/P 019-262 3947 ( Ah Wai ) or Citroen sifu
( Surjit ) 016-221 6644.

Cheers!!!

heeey bro tnash...lama tak nampak smile_cool.gif

thanks for your input, think i'll give Surjit a call soon! smile_thumbup.gif

The old:Direka untuk dinikmati.Para disfrutar del automovil.Pour que l'automobile soit toujours un plaisir.Engineered to be enjoyed.

The new: Cetusan Emosi. Movimiento y emoción. Émotion et le mouvement. Motion and Emotion.

xadi

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:06 AM

xadi

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 805 posts
QUOTE (duratena @ Jun 26 2009, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
heeey bro tnash...lama tak nampak smile_cool.gif

thanks for your input, think i'll give Surjit a call soon! smile_thumbup.gif

durantena..sorry man...just saw this post now. Since everybody is sharin their tiara story, I'll share mine too biggrin.gif

I bought mine brand new in 2000. Still having it now at it still is able to tear down the highway at 170 - 180( i do this whenever i use it to ptjy on MEX). To-date I've done 400,000kms on the car already. I think its the love affair that I have with my tiara, which has seen my tiara giving me almost no trouble at all. These are the major repairs i can recall that's I've done to the car.

1. Replace timing belt - i think 5 or 6 times already
2. Clutch plate - once
3. Ball joints - once
4. Rear Axle Bush & bearing - once
5. Radiator - once. The original broke in an accident
6. Alternator bearing - once
7. Starter Carbon - once
2. Driveshafts - twice

Still running on original shocks and bushes. But i think time to replace the bushes and shocks. Never overhauled the engine, but its time to do so because its burning up a bit of oil. Have to top up every 5K km. Gearbox is still perfect. I still enjoy corner maut in my tiara. The body rolls like hell, but the tyres still sticks to the road.

I made this website for my beloved tiara years ago, but never update la... http://www45.brinkst...m/axtac/images/

Now back to ur problems, U can call my mechanic, Halim. He's at Seksyen 25, taman Sri Muda Shah Alam. Its the proton edar service center. He's been taking care of my car. His number is 019-3701613. He's one of those few guys from Proton Edar who went to France to be trained for this car. He would be able to settle all of ur car troubles.

Speed does not kill. Stupid driving does
http://aldrieca.blogspot.com/
http://puggy206.blogspot.com/

lowpro

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:19 PM

lowpro

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
the mech who overhauled my car was radzali. actually, it was his staff who did it. this was when i was still with auto eurokars. as staff, they could also do my car. today, not sure where they are already but radzali is still with them but transferred from saab to porsche already. i can say the workmanship was flawless as they were used to handling high performance saab and porsche.

in seremban my mechanic is in senawang and he is pretty good. old chinese guy. takes the effort to listen to customer and give best recommendation. he's currently rebuilding my corolla ae82. one thing i didn't manage to do before selling it was to fix that annoying steering rack rattle. if in seremban, you can call ah lek 019 6611218.

i sold the car to a another mechanic in seremban already.
Let's talk about driving again!

duratena

Posted 03 July 2009 - 11:29 AM

duratena

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
hey xadi and lowpro,

thanks for your input guys, thought i'd never get further replies.

anyways, i hope to kick off the project a bit late, maybe in August.....have to save up first!

anybody else want to share their thoughts are welcome!

The old:Direka untuk dinikmati.Para disfrutar del automovil.Pour que l'automobile soit toujours un plaisir.Engineered to be enjoyed.

The new: Cetusan Emosi. Movimiento y emoción. Émotion et le mouvement. Motion and Emotion.

lowpro

Posted 03 July 2009 - 05:04 PM

lowpro

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
no problem. always glad to help. the tiara aka the ax, is really a fun car to drive. in stock form, it will take 160kph with confidence. something that its cousin the 206 can also do. there's still magic in french engineering wink.gif

supamonk3y

Posted 23 July 2009 - 04:35 PM

supamonk3y

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
I'm trying to add 15" rims on my tiara. How do I change the 3 studs to 4 studs? Any capable workshop in Shah Alam?
I'm currently on stock 13" rims. Just wondering how should i do it. Either i buy the knuckle, rims and tyre separately or let the workshop do it for me?

My back left side tyre sidewall is punctured and the others thread is thin. So while i'm on it, i think of getting to 15"sets.
Any good tyre brand to recommend me? I have Michelin xm1 in mind right now.

So many questions but no one to answer. I'm just a noob. unsure.gif

lowpro

Posted 23 July 2009 - 05:37 PM

lowpro

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
i think you can check with the tiara club. i've unfortunately lost touch with most of them but there is this guy you can call. not sure if his number is valid but do pm me and i'll give you his number. he had a special conversion spacer used on his tiara. with that spacer, you can use any 4 hole japanese rim. alternatively, you can scout the breaker yards for ax gt axles. this is hard work though and i'm not sure when you will be able to locate the items.

maxcobmara

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:52 PM

maxcobmara

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
yeah dont call the guy, sms him, still got two sets, but one i think hes keeping for his tiara 1.6 project
MaxCobMara! If you dont Max it, It don't count
Current Garage: 320d M-Sport, 306cabrio, Citroen C5Mk1 EXV6 3.0, Alfa Romeo 33 1.5IE, Volvo 940GLT, Pug 306XRGTi-6, E200K AG, Fiat Punto Cabrio 1.6 Abarth Custom, Volvo 740GLE 2.3A, Gen-2 1.6A
Exes : Pug305GTX, BMW E30 UK, Iswara 1.3&1.3A/B, Kawa K1, Perdana SEi, Satria 1.6A, Comel JD50, Tiara 1.1 Custom, BMW E39 523 2.5, Ford Focus 2.0S Hatch, Gen-2 1.6 M
Totalled : Saga 1.5, Wira 1.3, Merc W115, Yamaha VX250, Citroen Zx 1.9 Volcane, Pug 206CC 2.0, Fiat Multipla 1.9JTD, , Citroen C3 1.6 Sensodrive ASD Phantom
Stolen : Merc W115, Fiat 131

supamonk3y

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:18 AM

supamonk3y

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
Thanks for your feedback guys. Already changed all 4 tyres at Glenmarie tyre shop for RM520 on Goodyear GT3 165/60/13 including valve and balancing. Michelin xm1 13" is hard to come by. Maybe I look for the spacer or knuckle first, then change to 15". Which is better knuckle or spacer for the conversion?

I already join the tiara clubs at yahoo group but it seem so quiet in there. So I have to dig up threads from forum to forum for information on tiara. blush.gif