Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Auto Bavaria Jb Rip Off

• Please log in to reply

faisal1

Posted 28 April 2009 - 02:50 PM

faisal1

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
I was on my way to service my E60 to AB Johor Bahru yesterday when I accidentally scratched the driver's side front and rear door. When I reached there I was offered a polish (only the front and rear driver's side) to get rid off the unsightly scratch.
I was happy with the job but quite angry when AB charged me RM200 for the job especially when I saw the invoice by the repair shop of only RM80 !! What a rip off. My car number is JGD 1122. Check it out if BMW reads this.
picho

duckaton

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:59 AM

duckaton

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
QUOTE (faisal1 @ Apr 28 2009, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was on my way to service my E60 to AB Johor Bahru yesterday when I accidentally scratched the driver's side front and rear door. When I reached there I was offered a polish (only the front and rear driver's side) to get rid off the unsightly scratch.
I was happy with the job but quite angry when AB charged me RM200 for the job especially when I saw the invoice by the repair shop of only RM80 !! What a rip off. My car number is JGD 1122. Check it out if BMW reads this.

I am sure when "they offered" to polish it they have given you a quote. smile_question.gif

Whether they do it themselves (only energy and some polish) smile_approve.gif
or get other people to do it is irrelevant. (RM80 in this case)

that is why you are only "quite angry" not "very angry" smile_clown.gif

This is common, business sense.
Dont expect people to sell something to you at cost.
In this case, you are "quite stupid" to expect them to charge you RM80 when they have to pay RM80

Get over it!! Else sell the car and go buy a proton! smile_thumbup.gif

It is natural for people to hate you when you tell them they are stupid, even if it is true.

faisal1

Posted 29 April 2009 - 07:26 AM

faisal1

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
Thank you for your kind words. I was not quoted the price beforehand and it was obviously a subcontract job. I personally think that the price was overinflated. Yes I'm selling it soon. F!@#k AB.
picho

nazirmz

Posted 30 April 2009 - 04:19 PM

nazirmz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,625 posts
QUOTE (faisal1 @ Apr 29 2009, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you for your kind words. I was not quoted the price beforehand and it was obviously a subcontract job. I personally think that the price was overinflated. Yes I'm selling it soon. F!@#k AB.

For RM200 I'd definitely demand full body polish + 3 layer wax. This is indeed a rip-off. Just to show AB nvr does change! smile_angry.gif
Often wrong, never in doubt...

faisal1

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:40 AM

faisal1

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
QUOTE (duckaton @ Apr 29 2009, 04:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am sure when "they offered" to polish it they have given you a quote. smile_question.gif

Whether they do it themselves (only energy and some polish) smile_approve.gif
or get other people to do it is irrelevant. (RM80 in this case)

that is why you are only "quite angry" not "very angry" smile_clown.gif

This is common, business sense.
Dont expect people to sell something to you at cost.
In this case, you are "quite stupid" to expect them to charge you RM80 when they have to pay RM80

Get over it!! Else sell the car and go buy a proton! smile_thumbup.gif

Got an apology call from AB today saying that they wrongly charged me for the job and refunding me RM80.
Guess they're wathching the thread and responded positively to the grouses posted here.
Kudos to that.

picho

pat1988

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:17 AM

pat1988

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts
QUOTE (faisal1 @ May 1 2009, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Got an apology call from AB today saying that they wrongly charged me for the job and refunding me RM80.
Guess they're wathching the thread and responded positively to the grouses posted here.
Kudos to that.

Yes, it is good that they are watching this thread. They should also get the old subcon, 2-K Rainbow back as they loss them by trying to press down the price. I heard last time they marked up the sub-con price by 30%. But now so much? My friend changing a windscreen for RM6k also couldn't get a courtesy car but he was pissed not because of that fact but the many different excuses given by the service advisor. So, AB JB if you are reading this, pls do not give BS replies to customers, just come clean. Customer loyalty will help your bottom line in the long run, so you should stop using short term tactics to gain immediate revenue eventhough you are under pressure from head office. There are enuf dissatisfied AB customers in JB and many have moved to MB that I know of.

SplitFire

Posted 07 May 2009 - 01:16 AM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,879 posts
QUOTE (pat1988 @ May 5 2009, 08:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, it is good that they are watching this thread. They should also get the old subcon, 2-K Rainbow back as they loss them by trying to press down the price. I heard last time they marked up the sub-con price by 30%. But now so much? My friend changing a windscreen for RM6k also couldn't get a courtesy car but he was pissed not because of that fact but the many different excuses given by the service advisor. So, AB JB if you are reading this, pls do not give BS replies to customers, just come clean. Customer loyalty will help your bottom line in the long run, so you should stop using short term tactics to gain immediate revenue eventhough you are under pressure from head office. There are enuf dissatisfied AB customers in JB and many have moved to MB that I know of.

Many has moved to MB.

BTW, is it a reasonable price to pay when changing a new battery of E60 at RM1800? Price includes a short towed from JB town.
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

darreltian

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:54 AM

darreltian

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts
QUOTE (SplitFire @ May 7 2009, 01:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Many has moved to MB.

BTW, is it a reasonable price to pay when changing a new battery of E60 at RM1800? Price includes a short towed from JB town.

...yes if u r driven with a 7-series limo and given a spa treat while waiting for the batt change

pat1988

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:03 PM

pat1988

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts
QUOTE (darreltian @ May 7 2009, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...yes if u r driven with a 7-series limo and given a spa treat while waiting for the batt change

Plus a month's worth of Thai massage ! Hee-hee, why people so stupid to even QUOTE such a high price. I'm sure you can get exactly the same product at the battery shop (can't remember the name) near Menara Landmark and Amma Curry House for around RM500. I got mine for RM400 more than 4 years ago and it is still running strong and I haven't even opened the lid to check on it since new!

faisal1

Posted 15 September 2009 - 01:30 PM

faisal1

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
QUOTE (faisal1 @ May 1 2009, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kudos to that.

It has been 4 months now and i have not received any rebate from AB. This is really really bad customer service from AB Johor Bahru.

Anyone wants to buy a Black BMW E60 Year 2007 Mileage 34000km please contact me at pishal@tm.net.my or hariez99@streamyx.com.
picho