Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Estima Speakers

• Please log in to reply

Mikeong

Posted 23 April 2009 - 04:54 PM

Mikeong

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 562 posts
Hi does anyone know what is the size of the front speakers for Estima ACR 30?Thanks.

drexchan

Posted 24 April 2009 - 07:44 PM

drexchan

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,758 posts
not sure.. but do you mind if i ask why you need to know?

Mikeong

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:05 PM

Mikeong

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 562 posts
QUOTE (drexchan @ Apr 24 2009, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not sure.. but do you mind if i ask why you need to know?

Just want to change them myself.I think its 6" if not mistaken.Original spekers are not to taste.

drexchan

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:01 PM

drexchan

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,758 posts
QUOTE (Mikeong @ Apr 24 2009, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just want to change them myself.I think its 6" if not mistaken.Original spekers are not to taste.

In most of the cases, it's not a straight fit when you swap the factory speaker with an after market one. You either need to customize a spacer/base with MDF, or to use a different screw hole.

Therefore, the size doesn't really matter as long as it's not too different from the factory speaker. What may give you a problem is the magnet and the depth of the basket.

Most factory speaker from Toyota has a space saving basket and magnet. There might not be sufficient space for yor new speaker unless you get the right one.

How bad is the original one to your taste? Do you have an amplifier? Is your HU the standard 2-din?

Zennn

Posted 25 April 2009 - 05:36 PM

Zennn

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 929 posts
yes most 6.5" speakers will fit......

www.meog.org/forums
malaysia estima owners group

Mikeong

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:45 PM

Mikeong

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 562 posts
QUOTE (drexchan @ Apr 24 2009, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In most of the cases, it's not a straight fit when you swap the factory speaker with an after market one. You either need to customize a spacer/base with MDF, or to use a different screw hole.

Therefore, the size doesn't really matter as long as it's not too different from the factory speaker. What may give you a problem is the magnet and the depth of the basket.

Most factory speaker from Toyota has a space saving basket and magnet. There might not be sufficient space for yor new speaker unless you get the right one.

How bad is the original one to your taste? Do you have an amplifier? Is your HU the standard 2-din?

I'll use a 6" 2 way speakers and reuse the spacer basket just cut the cone and the back web. I think it should fit just fine.Any coment will be most welcomed.Will try it next weekend.

Mikeong

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:48 PM

Mikeong

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 562 posts
QUOTE (Zennn @ Apr 25 2009, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes most 6.5" speakers will fit......

Bro Zenn if i use the 6.5" will i still need the spacer basket?

www.meog.org/forums
malaysia estima owners group

Zennn

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:31 AM

Zennn

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 929 posts
depends on the speaker la, maybe can use back, maybe need to make new one from mdf wood...

Mikeong

Posted 28 April 2009 - 04:46 PM

Mikeong

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 562 posts
QUOTE (Zennn @ Apr 27 2009, 03:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
depends on the speaker la, maybe can use back, maybe need to make new one from mdf wood...

Thanks Zenn.Anyone knows of good and reliable installer near cheras for a 11" tft roof monitor?Thanks

Zennn

Posted 29 April 2009 - 01:50 PM

Zennn

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 929 posts
please la dont just go to your own area only, go to the shops thats best for your car, somore its an expensive car, surely u want ppl who do good work...

anyway, closest to u would be CV in kuchai lama