Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

New Kia Optima Novus

• Please log in to reply

htan7

Posted 05 April 2009 - 11:29 AM

htan7

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
Regarding the FC, it all depends on how you drive, the route you take, traffic condition and many other factors. I'm driving Sonata NF 2.0 which uses the same engine (many parts are common between Sonata and Optima), my average FC is ~ 9.6km/liter (14 months, ~21k km, 2183 liter of petrol), the range varies from ~ 8.5 to ~ 10.6 km/liter for my daily commute. Pure highway (100-120km/h) is > 12 km/l.

For comparison, I used to get ~ 12.0-12.5 km/l on my previous drive (Sentra N16 1.8) for my daily commute.

QUOTE (jayraptor @ Apr 5 2009, 01:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Regarding the current Optima that NazaKia is selling, how is the FC like? Handling and technical sure ok as it's Mitsubishi, no worry on that. Have tested them myself on its cousin the Sonata NF 2.4L. Just wanted to know how's the FC of Optima 2.0?

hklau

Posted 06 April 2009 - 09:55 AM

hklau

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Apr 5 2009, 01:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any news on new Optima with front looks little like Subaru style? Heard it has dual valve timing for even greater FC. That'll impressed me if true. Theta series engine is actually rebadged Mitsu 4B11 tuned little lower for better FC but still perform great as it has good pulling power (torque).

Hi HKLau,
Regarding the current Optima that NazaKia is selling, how is the FC like? Handling and technical sure ok as it's Mitsubishi, no worry on that. Have tested them myself on its cousin the Sonata NF 2.4L. Just wanted to know how's the FC of Optima 2.0?

Hi Pulltea,
Great comment on the resale value.. Yes, Optima is truly value buy. I would prefer affordable but superb cars with large interior. Forte and new facelift Optima, both very nice!!

FC highway normal speed - 8.5 l/100km
hghway high speed - 9 l/100klm
Town traffic - 10.5 - 11 l/100km
enigma

Kevin

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:43 AM

Kevin

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts
QUOTE (hklau @ Apr 6 2009, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FC highway normal speed - 8.5 l/100km
hghway high speed - 9 l/100klm
Town traffic - 10.5 - 11 l/100km

Yup, I'm getting similar figures from my Sonata NF 2.4

jayraptor

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:10 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
Greetings Mr Kevin, Mr htan and Mr hklau,

Thanks for the feedbacks. That's just the FC that I required for D-segment. That's better than Camry 2.0 '01 & '07 (8-9km/L) and comparable to Accord 2.0 g7 '03 (9.0-9.6km/L). I only take into consideration full city driving.

Looks like I'll have to sell off my N16 soon then pick the 1 best suits my taste. So many new cars pending for launch. Mitsubishi does have good reliability and durability except back then during its darkest hour being troubled by fraud cases and bankruptcy that deteriorated its build quality. Latest Mitsubishi engines are quite advance and even better than Toyota and Nissan.