Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Centre Lock On/off Switch

• Please log in to reply

cww

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:05 AM

cww

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts
Hi all,

I own a LMST saga and hope to DIY a centre lock ON/OFF switch. Any sifus here got experience on this DIY?Thanks!

vr2turbo

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:13 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (cww @ Mar 19 2009, 12:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all,

I own a LMST saga and hope to DIY a centre lock ON/OFF switch. Any sifus here got experience on this DIY?Thanks!

Your driver's door lock does not activate the lock of the other doors?? smile_question.gif

cww

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:58 PM

cww

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Mar 19 2009, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your driver's door lock does not activate the lock of the other doors?? smile_question.gif

Hi vr2turbo,

Yes my driver side door lock is ok. Just hope to DIY a switch so easy for me when need to Lock/Unlock the centre lock. I also hope to DIY to make the centre lock unlock when I turn off my engine.

vr2turbo

Posted 20 March 2009 - 02:53 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (cww @ Mar 19 2009, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi vr2turbo,

Yes my driver side door lock is ok. Just hope to DIY a switch so easy for me when need to Lock/Unlock the centre lock. I also hope to DIY to make the centre lock unlock when I turn off my engine.

What I meant was, when lock driver door, don't it lock all the doors? and unlock all doors also when you unlock the driver door? For my wife's car I am using this feature, therefore no need to add another switch....my 2 cents.

"centre lock unlock when I turn off my engine"
This feature comes with my alarm system leh..... It also lock the car after 2nd time step on the brakes.

rdgs,

cww

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:53 PM

cww

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Mar 20 2009, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What I meant was, when lock driver door, don't it lock all the doors? and unlock all doors also when you unlock the driver door? For my wife's car I am using this feature, therefore no need to add another switch....my 2 cents.

"centre lock unlock when I turn off my engine"
This feature comes with my alarm system leh..... It also lock the car after 2nd time step on the brakes.

rdgs,

So any good website can I refer to do this DIY?

H2O

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:33 AM

H2O

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,052 posts
"What .......no need to add another switch....my 2 cents."

agree ... last time I use to add this and that ... but after the year goes by ..I realized ... the more thing u add, the more changes ( % ) go break down and more "tik tik tak ta" sound come out & use more time to searching causes.

dont think "taping" wire no problem ... after few year will loose also ... smile_big.gif

g88

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:38 AM

g88

Duke of Hazzard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,280 posts
QUOTE (cww @ Mar 19 2009, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi vr2turbo,

don't think stock alarm allow you to DIY add on a switch to your central locking.

vr2turbo

Posted 24 March 2009 - 03:01 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (g88 @ Mar 23 2009, 08:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
don't think stock alarm allow you to DIY add on a switch to your central locking.

In my wife's car, I use the central locking on driver's main door to lock and unlock the car, no need another switch....... smile_thumbup.gif

drexchan

Posted 23 April 2009 - 04:03 AM

drexchan

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,758 posts
Can be done but hard to explain as i don't have picture to show and I need to work on it to find the correct wires to tap on.

Most stock alarm can have such feature. But you need two switches, one for locking, one for unlocking. Activating the locking with the brake and getting it unlocked with another button on teh dashbaord is the most practical way.

vr2turbo

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:10 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (drexchan @ Apr 23 2009, 04:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can be done but hard to explain as i don't have picture to show and I need to work on it to find the correct wires to tap on.

Most stock alarm can have such feature. But you need two switches, one for locking, one for unlocking. Activating the locking with the brake and getting it unlocked with another button on teh dashbaord is the most practical way.

Wasn't that supposed to be an extra feature of the alarm. My older alarm system did not have that, so when it went kaput, I had another fitted and the locking with brakes and unlocking with the turning off of the engine is a standard feature.

rdgs,