Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Citroen Workshops Lack Of Quality

• Please log in to reply

chralham

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:47 PM

chralham

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
[quote name='Aviyel' date='Mar 1 2009, 10:05 AM' post='1372559']
Since you find 0 satisfying Citroen workshops, you should really say that all Citroen Workshops are not up to standard.

First , tell us which model of Citroen you own. Also tell us where have you been for your repairs. Perhaps your prefered location of service (ie which town you live in) would be helpful too. That would help us a lot in advising you.

For me, I actually prefer NOT to be waiting in an aircond room while my Citroens are being worked on. I rather be close (safe distance) to my car and discuss issues with my mechanic. My present mechanic in JB gives me a detail run down of any issue my car faces and what possible steps can be taken to rectify it. I pay a little extra (perhaps 10% more at the most) for the mechanics expertise but I know the problem will be solved once and for all. In the long run I save. I have seen him struggle with cars that have been to other NON Citroen mechanics with all sorts of mods done to them.

My mechanic is the BOSS himself so he does not lepak at all. His workshop is well equipped to handle even my rare XM. So please be mindful in criticizing some of our mechanics who are honest and out there to keep our cars going. I have 3 Citroens and they cover over 70,000kms a year in total.

FYI, I just purchased a new Fiat, in just 2 weeks I have had to visit their JB outlet for my first service and a claim on a leaky fuel pump. Their service level has been faultless as they have a couple of middle aged mechanics who have been with Fiat for donkey years and simply know that it is their service that will help sell Fiat.

Try getting this sort of service from a Proton, Perodua or even Toyota.

Give us more info and we can let 'THE LIGHT SHINE ON YOU". Best Regards

Hi AVIYEL ,could i know where the location of the workshop that repairing ur cars ?
I'm really interested to know about it.

Citroeneer

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:42 AM

Citroeneer

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 559 posts
Hi chralham,

Which model of XM are you using and where do you source your parts from ? I drive a 2.0 Series I Version.

Currently in need of a steering rack.
--- Citroen ZX 2.0i (M) 94, Citroen XM 2.0i (A) 93, Citroen ZX 2.0i (A) 95, Peugeot 308 1.6 Turbo ---

Citroenaut

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:35 AM

Citroenaut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Have followed this tread for while now and I must say that I do have the same feeling after RE-joining the Citroen CULT! Yes, Cit drivers are a cultist lot unlike many other so called car owners "clubs". We love and hate our ride at different time of the day, different days of the year! BU we won't let go!

With this not-so-small gathering of cultists, it is a shame that we have to live and drive through this zomby-like state of affair.

I just wonder if anyone has given a thought on how to get the Indie workshop to get their act together, with the help (and pressure) of this cult group. I notice many of us here know and swear by some good workshop experiences.

Any bright ideas???
You'll Never Drive Alone

tansamuel

Posted 26 May 2009 - 06:55 PM

tansamuel

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
This can be a mini Citroen service provider (other than Brooklands).

Can also show Brooklands, who is in charge. :-)

hisamueltan | daily blog of a husband + father who works in public relations industry