Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Proton Exora

• Please log in to reply

SplitFire

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:26 PM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,879 posts
QUOTE (darreltian @ Mar 2 2009, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Stone bro, appreciate u share with us... ini macam, REXONA will encounter COSTLY repair in case of head on collison, even terlanggar kucing... ESOKLAH punya mindset smile_angry.gif

I wonder those haven't see actual car but already paid RM500 booking fee, if they happen to read this post dunno how is the reaction. smile_tongue.gif
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

khskeet

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:53 PM

khskeet

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
QUOTE (darreltian @ Mar 2 2009, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Stone bro, appreciate u share with us... ini macam, REXONA will encounter COSTLY repair in case of head on collison, even terlanggar kucing... ESOKLAH punya mindset smile_angry.gif

who smart idea is this huh smile_big.gif next time ppl drive near my house will watch my dog passing the road if not expensive repair for them smile_big.gif as my dog likes to rush across the road

ryder

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:26 PM

ryder

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
QUOTE (BridgestoneRE711 @ Mar 1 2009, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it was inside utm for it's technological roadshow , and i have paid my visit to the new proton exora .
one surprising thing that i've foudn out is the front mask brace which is supposed to hold the radiator, headlamp and bumper is using composite plastic as the material .

i am not quite sure about the cost effectiveness of this idea , but i suspect part of it is to reduce the weight by few stone kilograms only .

that means pray hard it wont crack if it is being hit from the front, it might cause problem when the front panel has to hold so many stuff and it wont sustain flex due to the nature of the plastic instead of steel. once crack , we might need to dismantle the headlamp, radiator and bumper to change the front frame.

The steel frame which is yellow in colour will absorb the impact forces in the event of a collision. I presume the black coloured frame (claimed to be plastic) is not the main member in distributing impact forces. However, it is true that if the black-coloured frame is made of plastic, it will be less rigid and break more easily even if the main steel frame will take the impact forces since the internal bracing within the cage is already compromised with the use of plastic material.

Anyway I think most people don't really bother about all the details. All they care are the looks of the vehicle, quality of interior and drivability of it.

thekop555

Posted 03 March 2009 - 02:58 AM

thekop555

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
QUOTE (kiddo @ Feb 19 2009, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
another model of junk on the road. junk by any other name is still a junk.

--> 8. 10 cup/ bottle holders <--

wow.. I'm really impressed with this feature

10 cup/bottle holder??? whathef**k!!!

want to make a kenduri or something inside the junk?

or maybe got 10 babies? just suck their mom's nipples laaa....no need cup/bottle holder.

proton..proton....joke of the century.

thekop555

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:10 AM

thekop555

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
if argue about power n torque...just put daihatsu mira turbine on it. small turbo...easy to maintain and easy to find also.

then u can cerita with caldina....LOL!!!

RazoR

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:12 AM

RazoR

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 353 posts
Nice trial by Proton, cant wait to see Exora in action..

Why oppose a good idea ?

Kevin

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:46 PM

Kevin

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts
Bridgestone,
The composite frontal frame is actually very common in Continental cars. It can even by found on the Hyundai Sonata NF. It reduces weight and it also contributes to frontal crash deformity but it will cost much more to replace. The headlamps, radiator and other items are secured to this composite frame via composite clips as well so if anything breaks, you are in trouble.

I would think that in most scenarios, the lower sub-frame and the bonnet and fenders are designed to absorb as much energy before passing it on to the frontal frame. My guess only.

khskeet

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:11 PM

khskeet

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
QUOTE (Kevin @ Mar 3 2009, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bridgestone,
The composite frontal frame is actually very common in Continental cars. It can even by found on the Hyundai Sonata NF. It reduces weight and it also contributes to frontal crash deformity but it will cost much more to replace. The headlamps, radiator and other items are secured to this composite frame via composite clips as well so if anything breaks, you are in trouble.

I would think that in most scenarios, the lower sub-frame and the bonnet and fenders are designed to absorb as much energy before passing it on to the frontal frame. My guess only.

Even if Continental cars have this frontal frame maybe it is a very good quality one but as for Ma_____a do you think they will placed the good quality ones smile_big.gif Hell no way.

whathef

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:04 AM

whathef

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 807 posts
Lot of negative comments. Well.... i afraid some might lick their own spit later.

hawarey

Posted 04 March 2009 - 02:24 PM

hawarey

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

high resolution dash photo... can see those textures....

Attached Thumbnails

• proton_exora_meter_panel_hires_large.jpg