Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Ampang - Kl Elevated Highway

• Please log in to reply

kaylcar

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:15 PM

kaylcar

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts
I think it's time the Gov. tells the concessionaire to reintroduce the motorcycle ban on the Ampang-KL elevated highway. Now that the petrol price has dropped to levels at the time the ban was enforced, there is no need to allow these reckless users on this dangerous stretch of road. They were allowed apparently when the Gov. asked the concessionaire to lift the ban to "ease their hardship"!!! .....They ride in the middle of the lanes during rush hour traffic and are a danger to themselves and other road users. There is no motorcycle lane on this highway, so before the serious accidents start to happen on this stretch, the ban needs to be re-introduced.
1,463,700 Scoville heat units.....can u feel the burn?

rikeys

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:35 PM

rikeys

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,391 posts
BAN ALL MOTORS FROM TOLLED HIGHWAYS HAHAHAHAHA! laugh.gif

Join MyFORTE: Forte Owners Club - Facebook Group now! Be part of the growing Forte family..
Bookmark this now - www.myforteclub.com

wanida

Posted 04 February 2009 - 01:14 PM

wanida

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
QUOTE (kaylcar @ Feb 3 2009, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it's time the Gov. tells the concessionaire to reintroduce the motorcycle ban on the Ampang-KL elevated highway. Now that the petrol price has dropped to levels at the time the ban was enforced, there is no need to allow these reckless users on this dangerous stretch of road. They were allowed apparently when the Gov. asked the concessionaire to lift the ban to "ease their hardship"!!! .....They ride in the middle of the lanes during rush hour traffic and are a danger to themselves and other road users. There is no motorcycle lane on this highway, so before the serious accidents start to happen on this stretch, the ban needs to be re-introduced.

Agreed with you since the road is very dangerous to motobikers..but dun ban all in hiways la...so cruel... laugh.gif

Jaime

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:39 AM

Jaime

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts
QUOTE (wanida @ Feb 4 2009, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agreed with you since the road is very dangerous to motobikers..but dun ban all in hiways la...so cruel... laugh.gif

As a frequent user of that road, I totally agree that bikes should not be there - too dangerous - whether they ride at the left, right or center sad.gif
Regards,
Jaime @ AW

aoch88

Posted 10 February 2009 - 03:32 PM

aoch88

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
I have to agree because I normally use the elevated highway to work in the mornings and these motorbikers are really a nuisance. I don't understand the mentality of these bike riders and they are contributors for accidents to happen. Why are some of them so uncivilized?

We've already been robbed under broad daylight by paying RM1.50 toll for such a near distance, get jammed despite that hefty toll charges and additional problems contributed by bikers.

SATU LAGI PROJEK BARISAN NASIONAL! Your vote counts so vote wisely next time smile_blackeye.gif

Tips from our so-called "expert":

1. Honda gearbox hari-hari "kong"

2. To know if a car is good, always check with the SC so please visit SC before buying car

3. Drive BMW and Mercedes don't talk about FC (even if you're driving an old model and if full tank can only go 200km, live with it)

4. A 2.4 litre car saves more fuel than a 2.0 litre car. If can afford 3.0 or 4.0 better still, save more fuel.

2stroker

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:04 AM

2stroker

6th Gear

• Members
  • 7 posts
QUOTE (aoch88 @ Feb 10 2009, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why are some of them so uncivilized?

We've already been robbed under broad daylight by paying RM1.50 toll for such a near distance, get jammed despite that hefty toll charges and additional problems contributed by bikers.

SATU LAGI PROJEK BARISAN NASIONAL! Your vote counts so vote wisely next time smile_blackeye.gif

With all your rants & moaning... I suggest you get yourself a motorcycle. smile_thumbup.gif
why not??? afraid of being labelled as uncivilized?? smile_tongue.gif
as if the car drivers in Malaysia are so 'civilized'... smile_tongue.gif

aoch88

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:09 PM

aoch88

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
QUOTE (2stroker @ Feb 11 2009, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With all your rants & moaning... I suggest you get yourself a motorcycle. smile_thumbup.gif
why not??? afraid of being labelled as uncivilized?? smile_tongue.gif
as if the car drivers in Malaysia are so 'civilized'... smile_tongue.gif

You're probably another typical Malaysian which have problems accepting the facts and turn defensive over comments you don't agree with. I use to have a motorbike and I don't ride like that. Hence, you're making an assumption (which unfortunately is not true in this case).

I do agree that not all drivers/bikers are a nuisance which is why I mention "some". I use proper English words but if you have issues understanding, that's something that I cannot help with.

The reason why Malaysia have high accident rates is also because reckless people doesn't want to change, listen and accept their mistakes. Instead, they turn defensive and feel that people giving comments are actually ranting/moaning. Weird but true, they can't differentiate between a positive critism which is meant for the better compared to a real "rant".

If something as simple as traffic rules cannot be observed, whats more with other more complex things. If such attitude doesn't change, it only shows how shallow minded these people are and the country will never go anywhere (for as long as such people exists). A development and advancement of a country is dependent on their people/population. Simple things like these are an easy way to tell of their mentality and mindset.

Continue to be defensive if you think you're on the right track smile.gif I don't lose anything as well as smarter people that knows how to see the difference. It's your life - good luck.

2. To know if a car is good, always check with the SC so please visit SC before buying car

3. Drive BMW and Mercedes don't talk about FC (even if you're driving an old model and if full tank can only go 200km, live with it)

4. A 2.4 litre car saves more fuel than a 2.0 litre car. If can afford 3.0 or 4.0 better still, save more fuel.

Jaime

Posted 11 February 2009 - 04:06 PM

Jaime

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts
I was also riding pillion some time ago, but we keep certain rules to ourselves to try to be a responsible rider. But I think for the purpose of this highway, no rules is good because I think the design of it is not safe for bikers (my 2cents). Eg, sharp corners, many left exits (when bikers tend to ride at the left as a good rule but will block traffic), etc.

I guess just no one driver/rider is civilized enough to another.

Regards,
Jaime @ AW

maxcobmara

Posted 11 February 2009 - 04:27 PM

maxcobmara

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
I got no problem with M-cycles as long as they can keep up with traffic, well same goes to cars too, everyone drives fast on the AKLEH and a 40km/h motorcycle trying to keep as left as possible hoping that cars can drive through him is as dangerous as it gets, much less with slow cars.

This is one example of how going slow is actually more dangerous than going fast, how can people drive that slow anyway? Its just not possible for me.... I would be focusing to hard on going slow and actually forget to watch out for other cars/pedestrians etc!
MaxCobMara! If you dont Max it, It don't count
Current Garage: 320d M-Sport, 306cabrio, Citroen C5Mk1 EXV6 3.0, Alfa Romeo 33 1.5IE, Volvo 940GLT, Pug 306XRGTi-6, E200K AG, Fiat Punto Cabrio 1.6 Abarth Custom, Volvo 740GLE 2.3A, Gen-2 1.6A
Exes : Pug305GTX, BMW E30 UK, Iswara 1.3&1.3A/B, Kawa K1, Perdana SEi, Satria 1.6A, Comel JD50, Tiara 1.1 Custom, BMW E39 523 2.5, Ford Focus 2.0S Hatch, Gen-2 1.6 M
Totalled : Saga 1.5, Wira 1.3, Merc W115, Yamaha VX250, Citroen Zx 1.9 Volcane, Pug 206CC 2.0, Fiat Multipla 1.9JTD, , Citroen C3 1.6 Sensodrive ASD Phantom
Stolen : Merc W115, Fiat 131

aoch88

Posted 11 February 2009 - 04:36 PM

aoch88

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
QUOTE (Jaime @ Feb 11 2009, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was also riding pillion some time ago, but we keep certain rules to ourselves to try to be a responsible rider. But I think for the purpose of this highway, no rules is good because I think the design of it is not safe for bikers (my 2cents). Eg, sharp corners, many left exits (when bikers tend to ride at the left as a good rule but will block traffic), etc.

I guess just no one driver/rider is civilized enough to another.

"I guess just no one driver/rider is civilized enough to another" <-- this applies to Malaysian drivers primarily. You don't see people driving so recklessly in other countries. As I say, it's just a matter of attitude.

Obviously we cannot expect a perfect scenario but think again? smile_question.gif If everyone do their part and be responsible, things would eventually change to the better. If everyone thinks "tak apa", how would it ever be better? We can continue to give excuses to ourselves but it'll never get anywhere.

If motorbikers drive safely on the slow lane, I don't think it'll cause a lot of threat. Some bikers can even ride in the middle of the road slowly and hogging the road. Why does one have to do such things? If you're in a hurry or rush then ok, you have a reason but then if not, why do it and wait for someone else to honk? Just like when the lift door opens, everyone rushes in before people can come out. These are all typical examples of situations where we can improve.