Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

How Fast?

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply

xadi

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:23 AM

xadi

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 805 posts
Before you start your speed driving, please make sure you know how to control your car and you know what to do is the unexpected happens. Remember that driving fast is as good as you walking down a crowded street with a gun in your hand, and randomly shooting, kalau tersilap sikit, someone might die. I'm sure you don't want ending up killing someone's dad or mum or baby right? So just be extra carefull when you drive fast. Now that uncle has finished giving his advise, back to the topic, so far i've managed to push my 206B auto to 6000rpm on 1st and 2nd gear. Also managed 170km/h@slightly above 4500rpm on 4th gear. I'll be driving to cameron this saturday, will test the car again.
Speed does not kill. Stupid driving does
http://aldrieca.blogspot.com/
http://puggy206.blogspot.com/

izaman

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:48 AM

izaman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
my record is 180++km/h at plus hiway to puchong from kuala kangsar. constantly 150-160km/h for 1 and a half hours. then around 140-150km/h until puchong because it's raining. have to go back to puchong fast because my wife suddenly having severe stomach ache. at that time i was behind a prado which was drive at the same speed as mine.

but i can't drive fast in these 2 conditions:

1. daytime: got speed trap. if police caught u at 160km/h, surely have to say bye bye to the driving license.
2. if at night, there must be someone in front of me so that i can see better. otherwise can only drive around 120km/h

p/s i do not condone fast driving.

dacmo

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:49 AM

dacmo

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
I haven't been able to get the car going above 160km/h and that's on a slight downhill.

epang

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:40 AM

epang

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts
QUOTE (xadi @ Feb 3 2009, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Before you start your speed driving, please make sure you know how to control your car and you know what to do is the unexpected happens. Remember that driving fast is as good as you walking down a crowded street with a gun in your hand, and randomly shooting, kalau tersilap sikit, someone might die. I'm sure you don't want ending up killing someone's dad or mum or baby right? So just be extra carefull when you drive fast. Now that uncle has finished giving his advise, back to the topic, so far i've managed to push my 206B auto to 6000rpm on 1st and 2nd gear. Also managed 170km/h@slightly above 4500rpm on 4th gear. I'll be driving to cameron this saturday, will test the car again.

I dont think it is a good idea to push up to 6000rpm on the 1st gear....well i was advice by 'someone professional' to had a light foot on 1st gear.

dacmo

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:55 PM

dacmo

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
Hey.. how did u guys get the car to go above 160km/h? I was travelling back from Penang the other day with the pedal to the metal and still only got like 150km/h. Does it need to be in tiptronic mode?

epang

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:39 PM

epang

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts
QUOTE (dacmo @ Feb 3 2009, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey.. how did u guys get the car to go above 160km/h? I was travelling back from Penang the other day with the pedal to the metal and still only got like 150km/h. Does it need to be in tiptronic mode?

no need tiptronic to go above 160kmph, all you need is a good tyre balancing and aligment.. providing your engine is in good condition, you can get a constant speed of 160-170kmph and if you push it abit, around 180-185kmph.. and... with the right time, right location the top speed is 200kmph.

leroy87

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:49 PM

leroy87

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
just had a drive up and down KL last weekend.
Saw WQD 206 (if not mistaken, at Asia Cafe) i was going to Williams by then that Saturday night..

Anyways my 206 with 3 person in the car could onli go around 150kph at most on straight road, and downhill at 160kmh a little more. Didnt bother to push, cause my tyre was abit hard and i scared skidding.. Was on S mode so the RPM pushes to around 5.5k RPM but the fourth gear i didnt tarik that much around 4-4.5krpm.
Maybe without 2 of my frens in the car could reach 170 gua...
Still felt underpower anyways.. Pedal-2-metal all the way....
Best regards,
leroy.

Titanrev

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:54 PM

Titanrev

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 634 posts
My top sped is 110. Already max.... biggrin.gif
Vroom~~~

etetet

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:23 PM

etetet

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 573 posts
Topmost speed I've tried is 120km/h on the highway. unsure.gif
You guys are really daring and must be very good at driving. Salute!
Ethan L.

----==| my206club.blogspot.com |==----

xloader

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:36 PM

xloader

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
my topspeed is only 110km/h rolleyes.gif