Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Leather Care

• Please log in to reply

paktap

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:30 PM

paktap

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
slm & hello there... need suggestion from u all... the best leather care for my leather seat. tq

g88

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:36 PM

g88

Duke of Hazzard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,280 posts
QUOTE (paktap @ Jan 29 2009, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
slm & hello there... need suggestion from u all... the best leather care for my leather seat. tq

is your geniune leather or pcv mixture ?

vr2turbo

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:40 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (g88 @ Jan 29 2009, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This I got to ask.
Was told by those shop selling settees that 1/2 leather means the top is leather and the side is PVC right?
So if it is PVC mix, then the top is still leather, so the care taken should be the same?

rdgs,

paktap

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:43 PM

paktap

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
QUOTE (g88 @ Jan 29 2009, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

as what i knew...ori << proton told me..hu3... mine is new waja

KrisMas

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:24 PM

KrisMas

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts
Mine is Waja Campro bought end of '06 and the seats are also leather. I've been using Meg's Gold Class Aloe Leather Cleaner and Conditioner and so far they're still getting commendations by family members and friends for looking 'like' new.

I guess, for a new car, just look for any good quality leather cleaner and conditioner so that you can properly maintain them.

Regards.

paktap

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:46 PM

paktap

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
QUOTE (KrisMas @ Jan 29 2009, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mine is Waja Campro bought end of '06 and the seats are also leather. I've been using Meg's Gold Class Aloe Leather Cleaner and Conditioner and so far they're still getting commendations by family members and friends for looking 'like' new.

I guess, for a new car, just look for any good quality leather cleaner and conditioner so that you can properly maintain them.

Regards.

so r this recomendded for me also?? price bro? n...how does its smell?

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:52 PM

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 748 posts
Anyone knows what is the leather seat material for Civic FD2 (2006 2.0) ? & what brand of cleaner & conditional suit my leather seat? Currently I'm using Mothers, B4 used AG Leather Cream but feel a little bit oily.

KrisMas

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:56 PM

KrisMas

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts
Mine comes in 2 bottles, one is the leather cleaner and the other is the conditioner. I'll use the cleaner if required, and if not, I just use the conditioner. At the time I bought them is rm35 each. The smell....hmmm....it's quite neutral...you know...aloe smell...don't know how to really describe it.

g88

Posted 29 January 2009 - 07:49 PM

g88

Duke of Hazzard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,280 posts
Alternatively you may try Amway Leather & Vinyl Cleaner, i know a Accord user using it as he said can't stand Meguiars smell (no offen)

iceforever

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:32 PM

iceforever

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 835 posts
QUOTE (g88 @ Jan 29 2009, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alternatively you may try Amway Leather & Vinyl Cleaner, i know a Accord user using it as he said can't stand Meguiars smell (no offen)

Haha!! You must be referring to me!!!
Yes, I apply the Amway Cleaner every 2 weeks and my 2 year old leather seats still look like new.
It's less oily and smells like new leather.
IMO, most importantly is how often you maintain the seats that matters, it's no point you use the best product but clean only once in a life time.