Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Fuel Saving Claims

• Please log in to reply

cookiemon

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:59 PM

cookiemon

6th Gear

• Members
  • 9 posts
Though the pricing for recent petrol have decreased but the demand for it have been increasing lately no thank to the public transport system .

There's a few schools of thoughts about fuel saving which are as follows
1) NGV - claims 70 percent minimum in fuel saving , reducing the demand for petrol.
Although it cannot run without petrol, however diet of petrol for car have decreased with the introduction of NGV. Petrol usage is drawn to a minimum as it is needed to just lubricate the valves before reaching a stage where Natural gas can safely burned .

2) HHO installation: Many arguments about it with some installers claiming significant of 20-30 percent fuel saving , however no consistent data have been generated due to not enough data to confirm the production of HHO can maintain a consistent flow of HHO to generate that claimed fuel saving. Dependency on petrol still remainst the same as the normal car however due to savings..it can be a good fuel saving attempts however it is not consistent enough to be a strong guarantor..But because majority of installation are DIY therefore initial investment is minimal > However results differs from car to car.

3) Buying a new car- Buying a new car with a mileage claims that is proven thru consistent data . More reliable fuel saving attempts. However does not reduce the dependency on petrol therefore subjected to changes in petrol pricing.

Im a NGV user who have found that amongst alll attempts listed above , NGV so far provided the most consistent fuel saving up to 70 percent , reduced dependency on petrol and offer the best value . The side effect of Valve Seat Reseating have been countered with a good usage of Flashlube.

So above all my expenditure for fuel for the 1 months have been greatly reduced to 1/5 . it have its cons but i readily accepted them as part of cost u have to pay for able to save up to that much.

HHO yes it is a good fuel savin attempt but only if you have decided to DIY will then the attempt is good..because 20 percent is not that significant in fuel saving as most of user claims it to be more superior to NGV.

pointman

Posted 09 January 2010 - 04:17 AM

pointman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
hello there cookiemon

I'm actually interested in the merits of getting an ngv kit. I would like to know the details like what are the costs, the steps to take before installation, maintenance procedures, DIY steps, problems faced, and how it is actually used (from what i read of your post, i will still need some petrol in my car even with ngv), and also the drawbacks that you face with NGV.

Thanks in advance! smile.gif

ahk

Posted 25 January 2010 - 11:54 AM

ahk

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
ho cookiemon,
ya..totally agreed with you. Only NGV is the proven fuel saving device.

so you have installed NGV on what car model?

indiadrive

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:03 PM

indiadrive

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
Ohh... that's great info and very useful info. Thanks for shring with us.