Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

308 Ckd

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

hfyim

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:09 PM

hfyim

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13,014 posts
Just be very careful when you doing alignment or changing tyres. There have been several instances from forums abroad that the tyre valve with the sensors built onto were damaged when the tyre was removed/reinstalled. It may need a recalibration since you've swapped position of the tyres and thus its currently failing to monitor properly.

alankkwong

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:22 PM

alankkwong

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
QUOTE (hfyim @ Jan 28 2009, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just be very careful when you doing alignment or changing tyres. There have been several instances from forums abroad that the tyre valve with the sensors built onto were damaged when the tyre was removed/reinstalled. It may need a recalibration since you've swapped position of the tyres and thus its currently failing to monitor properly.

Do you know if the spare tyre also have a pressure sensor? Its because one of the main tyre was not round so, I switched it with the spare tyre. The valve head looks the same as the other tyres.
Its not what you have...... its how you use it!!

hfyim

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:31 PM

hfyim

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13,014 posts
QUOTE (alankkwong @ Jan 28 2009, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you know if the spare tyre also have a pressure sensor? Its because one of the main tyre was not round so, I switched it with the spare tyre. The valve head looks the same as the other tyres.

alan, I doubt the spare tyres has the pressure sensor installed. Not to sure of this unless your MFD also gives reading of your spare tyre. From the external, it looks like your normal valve head. The pressure sensor is at the inner side of the valve head (means its inside the tyre).

Try this trick tomorrow. Bring your spare tyre back to the wheel where you've replaced it. If it doesnt give you an error message, most likely it was looking for this sensor which perhaps when stuck in your boot, it couldnt transmit the signals properly.

alankkwong

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:38 PM

alankkwong

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
QUOTE (hfyim @ Jan 28 2009, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
alan, I doubt the spare tyres has the pressure sensor installed. Not to sure of this unless your MFD also gives reading of your spare tyre. From the external, it looks like your normal valve head. The pressure sensor is at the inner side of the valve head (means its inside the tyre).

Try this trick tomorrow. Bring your spare tyre back to the wheel where you've replaced it. If it doesnt give you an error message, most likely it was looking for this sensor which perhaps when stuck in your boot, it couldnt transmit the signals properly.

My MFD is still giving me error messages. KS is guessing that the spare that I am using at my rear right does not have the sensor and is asking me to go to a tyre shop to change the rims with the other tyre, then send the car back for calibration again...
However, the other 3 tyres have been rotated also..., so, all tyres are already swapped around since the original settings.

hfyim

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:43 PM

hfyim

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13,014 posts
KS prolly is right since you've already swapped all the tyres around. Perhaps do as they've suggested and then send back to KS for recalibration of the TPMS (Tyre Pressure Monitoring System). Take care of the tyre sensor during swapping as they cost more than GBP100 each in the UK and may not be covered under warranty due to negligence.

Here's a picture of the TPMS sensor, the bottom silver part is the valve which you'll see externally and for pumping air.

Attached Thumbnails

• TPMS.JPG

alankkwong

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:47 PM

alankkwong

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
QUOTE (hfyim @ Jan 28 2009, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
KS prolly is right since you've already swapped all the tyres around. Perhaps do as they've suggested and then send back to KS for recalibration of the TPMS (Tyre Pressure Monitoring System). Take care of the tyre sensor during swapping as they cost more than GBP100 each in the UK and may not be covered under warranty due to negligence.

ok... I will tell them. I know the sensors are located just below the valve...

enduser

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:14 PM

enduser

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
hi all,
i guess in the nxt 2 or 3 years, nasim will provide another round of 12 years loan + interest free package jst like 206?This trend can also be seen in kia spectra and citra.

what do you think? laugh.gif

hfyim

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:31 PM

hfyim

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13,014 posts
Highly doubt so unless its an outgoing model replaced by 309. The 206 is an outgoing model being replaced with the 207 and hence the lelong. Perhaps wait another 8 years or so.

intermilan

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:05 AM

intermilan

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts
guys,

appreciate if anybody going to this morning official launch to share the confirmed price ASAP.

thx!

chip73

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:03 AM

chip73

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 607 posts
QUOTE (intermilan @ Jan 29 2009, 09:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
guys,

appreciate if anybody going to this morning official launch to share the confirmed price ASAP.

thx!

here goes....gonna make or break few hearts

vti rm96,500
thp rm111,000