Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Tyre Shops

• Please log in to reply

officeboy

Posted 23 December 2014 - 01:47 PM

officeboy

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
Hey Sifu,

Planning to change Michellin P3ST - 205/55 R16, what is the best price and recommended shop near puchong or USJ ?

Thanks in advance !

officeboy

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:17 PM

officeboy

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
Just called up QuickSave and the price for P3ST is RM370, and PS3 is RM388, confuse which one to go for sad.gif

I'm slow driver, prefer quiet tyre, and durable one, anyone can advise?

advocado

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:28 PM

advocado

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
PS3 offers acceptable Comfort & Noise for a mid range performance tyre, so if you want comfort & quiet & DURABLE, get something else like a Comfort Tyre. PS3 tend to have lower profile so more noticeable when go tru bumps & uneven roads.

Is your original tyre 55? Coz if you want more comfort 60 might be better but it will make your speedometer slower.

QUOTE (officeboy @ Dec 23 2014, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just called up QuickSave and the price for P3ST is RM370, and PS3 is RM388, confuse which one to go for sad.gif

officeboy

Posted 24 December 2014 - 07:23 AM

officeboy

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
Yes, my Altis with stock tyre 55, what tyre you recommend for my case? P3St ?

QUOTE (advocado @ Dec 23 2014, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PS3 offers acceptable Comfort & Noise for a mid range performance tyre, so if you want comfort & quiet & DURABLE, get something else like a Comfort Tyre. PS3 tend to have lower profile so more noticeable when go tru bumps & uneven roads.

Is your original tyre 55? Coz if you want more comfort 60 might be better but it will make your speedometer slower.

vr2turbo

Posted 24 December 2014 - 08:28 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (advocado @ Dec 23 2014, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello, you cannot change the aspect ratio as and when you like. Have to calculate the overall diameter. When the overall becomes too huge you lose pick up power, higher fc, and require more force to brake from high speed.

vr2turbo

Posted 24 December 2014 - 08:31 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (officeboy @ Dec 23 2014, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

P3ST in mid category and is comfort performance. Go for this if you prefer quiet and durable.

PS3 is UHP so the handling and grip is better but durability is less.

advocado

Posted 24 December 2014 - 09:12 AM

advocado

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
that is why i ask whether his original is 55" or he changed it to 55". 5% difference shouldn't be too much unless he already increased his rim size or tyre width but i would worry more about touching the car body.

just wondering are the pickup power, fc & braking affected by the overall diameter of the tire, or the extra weight on the bigger rubbers? since tire width is the same friction should be the same, only smaller tire may generate more heat? if it's weight changing it to racing alloy can lower the weight by 1-2kg per wheel, but then again extra 10kg on the car is negligible (unless you drive a kancil 550) you probably save more fuel by losing weight.

but of course for F&F every kg matters since every 0.01seconds matters.

QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Dec 24 2014, 08:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello, you cannot change the aspect ratio as and when you like. Have to calculate the overall diameter. When the overall becomes too huge you lose pick up power, higher fc, and require more force to brake from high speed.

officeboy

Posted 24 December 2014 - 11:06 AM

officeboy

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
Thanks vr2turbo, i just wondering why the price of P3ST is cheaper than PS3, if i recall correctly, P3St is way much expensive than PS3 in a year ago? I was thought PS3 have own distinctive quality compare to P3ST smile.gif

What is UHP by the way?

QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Dec 24 2014, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
P3ST in mid category and is comfort performance. Go for this if you prefer quiet and durable.

PS3 is UHP so the handling and grip is better but durability is less.

vr2turbo

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:22 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (advocado @ Dec 24 2014, 09:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that is why i ask whether his original is 55" or he changed it to 55". 5% difference shouldn't be too much unless he already increased his rim size or tyre width but i would worry more about touching the car body.

just wondering are the pickup power, fc & braking affected by the overall diameter of the tire, or the extra weight on the bigger rubbers? since tire width is the same friction should be the same, only smaller tire may generate more heat? if it's weight changing it to racing alloy can lower the weight by 1-2kg per wheel, but then again extra 10kg on the car is negligible (unless you drive a kancil 550) you probably save more fuel by losing weight.

but of course for F&F every kg matters since every 0.01seconds matters.

Tyre upgrade ruling allows only 3%. Of course you are the owner so if you want to go 5% that is your right. But in the forum, when we recommend, we limit to max only, not simply say this can and that can.

The overall tyre diameter being bigger, it takes more engine power to initially drive them therefore considered loss of pick up power. On high speed a bigger rotating wheel takes more force to slow it down, so braking is affected.

vr2turbo

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:26 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (officeboy @ Dec 24 2014, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks vr2turbo, i just wondering why the price of P3ST is cheaper than PS3, if i recall correctly, P3St is way much expensive than PS3 in a year ago? I was thought PS3 have own distinctive quality compare to P3ST smile.gif

What is UHP by the way?

P3ST is the mid range tyre of Michelin or some call them comfort performance. It is a balance of comfort and performance meaning not the best of both world...hahhaha
Not sure why it was more expensive as you mentioned.

UHP is Ultra High Performance. That means the PS3 handling and grip is superior but durability is not.
That is why you need to choose according to your priorities.... smile_tongue.gif