Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Suzuki Jimny SJ413

• Please log in to reply

Yosha

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

Yosha

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
QUOTE (Ade_Lee @ Nov 21 2012, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Give these guys a call. THey mostly have everything.

http://www.munleeaut...ed_engines.html

i tried before calling them to look for halfcut or just the engine for 550cc or 660cc turbo. but they only have 1.3 or 1.0 cc only. but you never know, try give them a call.. smile_thumbup.gif

casphere

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

casphere

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
Hi everyone

So glad to finally find a dedicated forum for Suzuki Jimny owners and enthusiasts. Recently just did extensive restoration for my SJ413's engine including new clutch plate set, along with new front tyres (535 per pair inclusive alignment), brake pads, AC fan motor and timing belt kit.

Spent RM2441 so far - attached in one of the bills for the engine bay work. So far I'm satisfied with the work City Wheel Power (Kepong) did for my jeep, while the new front tyres and timing belt kit are from another workshop in Dsara Utama and brake pads are from AutoRia in Tmn Paramount PJ. However just thought I'd check with other owners if the charges from City Wheel Power are reasonable.
Was not happy with AutoRia and the DU workshop as I felt they lacked knowledge servicing Suzuki Jimny's. AutoRia was particularly outrageous by quoting me 1000+ for a new set of front brake discs, while City Wheel Power quoted me a maximum cost of 300. They are due for replacement by end of this year.

Is it so hard to find a knowledgeable mechanic in PJ n KL to service and repair Jimny's? If other owners can recommend reliable n honest mechanics whose services are reasonably priced, I would be really grateful because it's always good to have more options. I'm also looking for recommendations for accessory shops that have lockable fuel caps for Jimny's because I need to replace mine that has rusted.

New paintwork scheduled for mid or late April - I'm having it done at Visual Crest in Ampang.

Other upcoming additions - step-up rail/scuff plate, rear tyres, brake discs. If anyone has recommendations and suggestions of where to get these accessories, please post a reply on the thread or PM me.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMAG0473_1.jpg
  • IMAG0474.jpg

ben31

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:32 PM

ben31

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
QUOTE (kamilwan @ May 24 2011, 01:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Guys

So sorry for missing for quite sometime. I'm still using LWB Jimny 1.3L power steering, actually my 2nd LWB Jimny. Loved every min utf it. Mine is a stock unit, everything original.
Used it during my many outings from mild to medium off road excursions. Been to southern tip of Johore, Eastern side of Trengganu, Ulu Trengganu, Kuala Behrang, Losong, Penarik, Permaisuri, Fikri, Setiu, Tok Bali, Kelantan, in Palekbang, Beluru in Tumpat, Pasir Pekan, Kelaburan, Kuala Krai, Dabong,Jelawang, Cameron Highland, Kuala Betis, Perak in Pengkalan Hulu, Grik, Lawin, Lasah, Sg Siput
Most of it on avarage travelling 100km/hr on highways, off road really depend on terrain, muddy go easy on trottle, on muddy down hill ikat sawn down tree with lots of branches tied to back of Jimny, equivalent to hill descent auto control of Discovery!!!!
Really having fun on Jimny.
When others are considering due to petrol/diesel guzzling 4x4's, I'm happily driving my Jimny without worries of fuel cost.
Parts for Jimny??? Many shops stock most parts as stated by many sifus' in this forum. Why worry about using Jimny, just get one!!
Only U need to decide SWB or LWB to suit yr interest/ criteria.

I'ved just replaced my Jimny's timing belt, 2 O-rings, belt tensioner bearing (RM 120) plus air air cond compressor and power steering belts (RM 27). Labour charge RM 150.
Npw ready for another outing early June, probably from Shah Alam to Bentong, Kuala Lipis, Gua Musang, Kuala Krai (1 night) then Kota Bharu (1 night)

Who says Jimny cannot travel far?????

ben31

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

ben31

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
Hi Kamil,

Currently I'm looking for a reliable mechanic for my SJ413. Would you be able to recommend yours to me?

ben31

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:40 PM

ben31

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
Hi All,

Currently I've a SJ413 which giving me over heating problem. Anyone has any solution and mechanics that could solve this problem?

kamilwan

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

kamilwan

6th Gear

• Members
  • 8 posts
QUOTE (ben31 @ Oct 19 2013, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Kamil,

Currently I'm looking for a reliable mechanic for my SJ413. Would you be able to recommend yours to me?

Hi
I'm Kamil, presently using Jimny, 1,300cc, Long Wheel Base.
For the problem the you mentioned about water temperature rising, I recommend that you get your water pump, radiator hose and radiator check for water leakage. Its easy, you can check it yourself. When temperature of engine is cooled, start engine and let it run about 3-5 minutes, then open up bonnet and check for water marks coming from the water pump, water radiator hose or radiator. If you see water mark, the that is the problem, sent the car to your mechanic to get it fix. Parts for Jimny is dirt cheap.
If you have problem, kindly call me at 019-2538162 (Wan Kamil), I'll be glad to help you.

iwae405

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:46 AM

iwae405

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts
guys,actively looking for 413 engine and gearbox..
preferably Terenggganu area..but dont really mind the distance..
tell me if u found any

mun lee have this but searching for better and closer option

iwae405

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:07 PM

iwae405

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts
anybody looking for cabin?
plan to sell mine..

The cabin in the pics installed on my chasis in April last year.
still in excellent condition.

the front piece (facelift?) not in the picture..

You will get the dashboard and cabin wire harness for F6A turbo.
including its ECU.
I'm using my stock F10A to suit this cabin.
No seats will be given.

Ade_Lee

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:21 AM

Ade_Lee

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 450 posts
Wah, about late.

I notice that Jimny radiator always get rusted easily. Check the liquid inside, if its brown, drain yourself at home, and refill with coolant (antirust one time)

good luck.

QUOTE (ben31 @ Oct 19 2013, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi All,

Currently I've a SJ413 which giving me over heating problem. Anyone has any solution and mechanics that could solve this problem?

iwae405

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:43 AM

iwae405

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts
QUOTE (Yosha @ Nov 21 2012, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i tried before calling them to look for halfcut or just the engine for 550cc or 660cc turbo. but they only have 1.3 or 1.0 cc only. but you never know, try give them a call.. smile_thumbup.gif

anyone spot any sj410 cabin for sale..
SWB with a stock wheel arch/fender..
not the tall cabin with some kind of 'window' on the roof.

thanks