Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Swift CKD vs Facelift Myvi SE

• Please log in to reply

jublak

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:51 PM

jublak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
Hello guys,

Firstly, I would like to apologise for comparing both this cars. I know
the Swift has better build quality and is nicer to drive off limits but
at the present times, every cents counts..

So, I was just wondering, The Swift is priced around RM72k while the new
Facelift Myvi SE is priced around RM53k. Thats almost RM18k difference.

My wife has been bugging me to approve of her buying a new car and I
guess I've short listed it to this 2 models.. She too like me agree that
the Swift is a better car but thinking of the extra RM18k, we're just
wondering if the Swift is really worth the extra RM18k..

Hope some of you guys out there can help us decide.. Pl remember, I'm
only wondering if the extra RM18k is worth paying for the Swift CKD..

Thanks..

awgzal

Posted 13 November 2008 - 07:25 PM

awgzal

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
hi, my opinion:
1. swift 1.5 vs myv 1.3. i'l consider 1.5.
2. reliblity suzuki's engine well proven over 20 year. old model remain otr!
3. myv more spacious? think again!!y not take grand livina?
4. same size both car but dferent cc, swift more save fc.
5. speed? yes, myv termometer 220km/h, swift 180km/h whic men swift will keep ur life longer
than myv whic s headed driver's life to funeral quickly!!.

nazirmz

Posted 18 November 2008 - 11:31 AM

nazirmz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,625 posts
Hey jublak, fyi I have a CBU swift(which I paid full price of RM89k) and a
Myvi SE pre-facelift model. All I can say is this, if your wife is not an
aggresive driver, Myvi will be sufficient to her needs. But if your wife
really loves to drives fast and take corners at insane speed, pls get the
Swift as the handling is much2 better, and much safer for her to drive too.

In terms of space, Myvi is much roomier in cabin space and boot space. And
as a second car, Myvi is perfect enough. Comfortable, spacious for the
weekend trip and grocery shopping, plus you get leather seats(even my
swift is fabric seats). Not to mention quite economical to run, comparable
to swift.

So if you ask me, no Swift is not worth the extra RM18k to pay. Get the
Myvi SE, which is even better now since the facelift model has more
features like MP3 radio and UV glass. Plus with a lower monthly payment
you have more money to yourself.

Only get Swift if your wife likes to drive fast and furious.... Big Smile

MASsenger

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:59 AM

MASsenger

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
Well said nazirmz. Since I own both cars I completely agree. I thoroughly enjoying driving the Swift cos of the handling and feel. However I must admit when the whole family wants to makan angin, it`s the VV we take. My wife hates the gatted shift of the Swift, i can`t stand the sampan ride of the VV.

Bottom line is, buy the car that suits your need and pocket. Don`t make the mistake of buying both of the same, if you are getting a 2nd car. Both are good in different rolls!

The REALdeal

pciericagp

Posted 18 January 2009 - 04:53 AM

pciericagp

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 533 posts
I will compare this 3 model:

Suzuki Swift 1.5 (A)
- FC was superb between this 3 model. Problemless, didn't heard any complaint. My friends drove 3 year, he love it.
- Stable when cruising 120KM/H

Perodua MyVi 1.3 (A)
- FC was ok, about 11 ~ 13km/l. Cheaper but lighter, less than 1,000kg. Got a lot of story about the car, some said petrol smell, some said rattling, some said masuk air. Depends to your luck. So far so good if compare to proton.
- Not stable when cruising 120KM/H, car shaking. Safety will be less than both car.

Inokom Getz 1.4 (A)
- FC was ok, about 12 ~ 13km/l. solid and strong chassis. Heavier than myvi. about 1100kg++. So far not big problem. All can be done in SA. Try drive the car before, quite powerful with 3 adults inside, the car can reach full horsepower by 3,200rpm.
- Stable when cruising 120KM/H, NVH is good and better than myvi.
- Maintainance slightly higher but the parts are reliable.
- It was cheap when I ask. Only 48K OTR with airbag and abs & EBD. new car but 2007 year model.

Depends to your pocket. Of course I will get Swift. But the price compare both model was about 18K to 20K. Which figure determined your different of your monthly installment.

I preferred Getz over MyVi due to it's capability and safety features. Just not much 2nd value for it only.

V406198

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:37 PM

V406198

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts
QUOTE (pciericagp @ Jan 18 2009, 05:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will compare this 3 model:

Suzuki Swift 1.5 (A)
- FC was superb between this 3 model. Problemless, didn't heard any complaint. My friends drove 3 year, he love it.
- Stable when cruising 120KM/H

Perodua MyVi 1.3 (A)
- FC was ok, about 11 ~ 13km/l. Cheaper but lighter, less than 1,000kg. Got a lot of story about the car, some said petrol smell, some said rattling, some said masuk air. Depends to your luck. So far so good if compare to proton.
- Not stable when cruising 120KM/H, car shaking. Safety will be less than both car.

Inokom Getz 1.4 (A)
- FC was ok, about 12 ~ 13km/l. solid and strong chassis. Heavier than myvi. about 1100kg++. So far not big problem. All can be done in SA. Try drive the car before, quite powerful with 3 adults inside, the car can reach full horsepower by 3,200rpm.
- Stable when cruising 120KM/H, NVH is good and better than myvi.
- Maintainance slightly higher but the parts are reliable.
- It was cheap when I ask. Only 48K OTR with airbag and abs & EBD. new car but 2007 year model.

Depends to your pocket. Of course I will get Swift. But the price compare both model was about 18K to 20K. Which figure determined your different of your monthly installment.

I preferred Getz over MyVi due to it's capability and safety features. Just not much 2nd value for it only.

base on my driving experince to all there cars,my comment will be....

1st choice - Swift with better built quality and engine power out put and define.
2nd choice - Getz with accetable built quality but let down on engine power output & define
3th choice - Myvi built quality still consider local level and engine output and define are let down as well....further more i hate those mods Myvi that alway tailgate my SGV and Wagon...once at open road not sign of smoke or taillamp of me for them...hehehehe
2004 S60R. AT. Tit Grey. Nordkap. 18" Pegs. TME SportCat Exhaust DP & Cat Back System. TME Lower Spring. Garrett GT3071R. RC 750cc Injectors. FMIC. K&N Filter. Pegasus 3" CAI. IPD HD TCV. IPD HD Ignition Coil, IPD 25mm Front Sway Bar. UR Custom 23mm Rear Sway Bar. UR Front & Rear Strut Bars. Stainless Steel Brake Hoses. Audi TT DV, Saab 900 ATF Cooler. TkiMotorSportRacing & IPD HD Link Rod. H&R 5mm Front Wheel Spacer. Endless Sport 0-400 Front Brake Pad. ScangaugeII Diagnostic Gauge. Stages 2 Snow Performance methanol Injection.

darreltian

Posted 21 January 2009 - 04:07 PM

darreltian

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts
QUOTE (awgzal @ Nov 13 2008, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi, my opinion:
1. swift 1.5 vs myv 1.3. i'l consider 1.5.
2. reliblity suzuki's engine well proven over 20 year. old model remain otr!
3. myv more spacious? think again!!y not take grand livina?
4. same size both car but dferent cc, swift more save fc.
5. speed? yes, myv termometer 220km/h, swift 180km/h whic men swift will keep ur life longer
than myv whic s headed driver's life to funeral quickly!!.

myv tachometer is 220km/hr can never be achieved but the swift yes!
check out for latest discount package and handsome SE

duck

Posted 31 January 2009 - 03:40 PM

duck

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
maintenance for Swift is higher than Myvi. Plus, Suzuki Malaysia is not like Honda or Toyota who has periodic service charges listed down without any hidden cost.

I have asked several SCs prior to servicing my swift for 60k mileage (CBU gets free servicing up to 50K) and was qouted different prices altogether. One SC even dare to quote me RM300 extra! Not to mention that Suzuki parts are hard to source for. I remember changing my front absorbers (leaking) while under warranty, it took Suzuki 1 month plus to change it. Another friend of mine who drives a swift too, has problem with the ignition coil, but its been almost 1 month and still no response from the SC to replace it.

Now, i know every car maker also have their own set of problems. But the way Suzuki behaves as a Japanese car maker is simply unacceptable for the quality of service that they provide. Mind you, its not cheap to service your swift. All i can say is their after sales service is appalling.

Btw, I spoke to one of their chief mechanic from a reputable SC in KL and he can't even answer properly about the ignition system and how it really works.

So, bottom line is, I don't think there are much difference between the Myvi and Swift. How fast you want to drive? Both of these cars are not meant to be driven at high speed. If you choose to compare, of course the Swift has better handling therefore you can drive it to its limit. But is that necessary? Most of the time we are all stucked in traffic when in town, not often you can speed down the highway (to what speed do you want to speed in our highway? 180km/h? Thats already the max speed for a stock swift and for the safety measures installed in the car, its definitely not meant for that speed).

Get the Myvi SE, when you have the money later buy a bigger car than the Swift. Dun get me wrong, I drive a Swift myself. Bought it because it has superb handling compared to the Vios and City. But on the practical side of things, the car is too small and boot space must be the smallest in the hatchback class.

Just my 2 cents.
Quack Quack Quack

Popcorn

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:08 PM

Popcorn

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,445 posts
Wah then the Myvi SE ad tagline of "Rule the Road" is valid lor..

No wonder they sell that many to bengs & mat rocks that think SE "Rule the Road".. hence more accidents and more deaths..

Just that the SE looks "Beng" and well RM53k ain't cheap for such car!
Cruiser

mabah

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:53 AM

mabah

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
QUOTE (Popcorn @ Feb 3 2009, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wah then the Myvi SE ad tagline of "Rule the Road" is valid lor..

No wonder they sell that many to bengs & mat rocks that think SE "Rule the Road".. hence more accidents and more deaths..

Just that the SE looks "Beng" and well RM53k ain't cheap for such car!

so jublak, have you made your mind which car to buy?
Anyway the new facelift SE doesnt looks "Beng" to me (my personal opinion thats why I own one) with complete accessories, leather wrap seat and sterring and if you buy manual the gear knob would be leather as well. Nice for cruising in highway. Even at speed 120km/h on highway, you don't feel you were straining the engine. For me worth RM53K for such car!