Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Hyundai Trajet - Part 2

• Please log in to reply

kueh

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:13 PM

kueh

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Lately, when ever I steer to d right, akan bunyi kluk kluk. Aiseh takkan lah driveshaft lagi. I changed it a year ago if not mistaken. Tepuk dahi. Btw, a fren suggesting to change it to 17inch rim. Easier to get tyres and look good somemore. Not sure abt d fc and performance. Any 2 cents ?
how would u live ur life as a frog?

dilbert

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:55 AM

dilbert

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 529 posts
kueh,

sorry late reply.. now seldom visit here.. as my 'Jet is now only balik kampung car.. seldomly used and mostly under covers in the porch..

as for the "kuk-kuk-kuk" sound when turning, well, the usual suspect is the driveshafts. unfortunately can only verify by going to the workshop and test... btw, the last time around, when replacing used original Hyundai or OEM parts? offhand i can't recall changing my Jet's driveshaft, but did replace the driveshaft cover before (koyak and grease all over the wheel well). there is a supplier in USJ for Hyundai parts, PM me and i'll pass you the details.

as for the engine mountings - also again, OEM or original Hyundai? as my earlier posting, the main mounting (if looking to the engine from the front of the car, the left top side) is hydraulic mount, and not sure of the remaining 3 mountings.

recently sent for service (after 1 year, almost 10,000 kms), replaced with full-synthetic oil, flushed and replaced the coolant, brake fluid and power steering fluid.. and asked for total inspection.. thankfully, no major repairs required.. just need to remember to replace the timing belts, AT fluid, AT filter at 180,000 kms (another year probably, since less travelled nowadays). interior looks like new thanks to the auto spa treatment... hopefully will serve my family for another few years, before and if we decide to switch..

cheers.

dilbert smile_cool.gif

jackson

Posted 08 October 2015 - 04:54 PM

jackson

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts

Re-activated my Autoworld ID. Been a loooooong time since on this forum. Blame FB  :P

Still have my Trajet. It is now 12 years old. Mileage just turned over 170k km. 

Don't know if the other Trajet first owners are still having them to this day.

Happy driving all. On whatever modes you have now.

It's easy when you know how...

vr2turbo

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:20 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,482 posts

Welcome back, bro. jackson. Long time no see you here....hahaha

msaiful

Posted 12 October 2015 - 01:05 PM

msaiful

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts

Hi all.. for your information, we have Malaysia Trajet Owner (JETTERS).. Just Trajet comunity.. not car club.. u all can contact mr. arai 019-3028594 (admin JETTERS) or visit our facebook to join us. we have 102 members.. 

kueh

Posted 05 April 2016 - 03:30 PM

kueh

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Re-activated my Autoworld ID. Been a loooooong time since on this forum. Blame FB  :P

Still have my Trajet. It is now 12 years old. Mileage just turned over 170k km. 

Don't know if the other Trajet first owners are still having them to this day.

Happy driving all. On whatever modes you have now.

still driving one. and still happy with it. just changed its fuel pump. cost me rm530. headlights getting yellowish. would appreciate if anyone stumbled upon one at potong shop :)
how would u live ur life as a frog?

vr2turbo

Posted 06 April 2016 - 08:16 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,482 posts

still driving one. and still happy with it. just changed its fuel pump. cost me rm530. headlights getting yellowish. would appreciate if anyone stumbled upon one at potong shop :)

Your headlamp turn yellow is because is plastic cover. You can sand it down and clear coat it and will be good as new....

dilbert

Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:10 PM

dilbert

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 529 posts

hi all,

not sure if this thread is still active.. since rarely here due to my 'Jet being relegated as 'Balik Kampung Car".. 

anyway, just to share - my 'Jet is 16+ years now, mileage about 175k now.. so far usual wear'n'tear repairs + lube service. only recently (last Raya trip) realized there is a humming sound from the front wheel, and a quick check to the SC confirmed front wheel bearings are out.. so will need a change soon before can travel far again. otherwise, others seems to hold out, so far (touch wood), but will also need a fresh coat of paint as the bumpers are showing signs of paint cracking.

anyone knows if Hansjiss is still operating out of the USJ warehouse? seem to have lost the contact number, perhaps can share if anyone still has it, or the latest contact if have moved.

thanks and cheers.

B)

vr2turbo

Posted 08 November 2017 - 09:17 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,482 posts

Forums have slowed down, as many forming own groups or clubs in fb......lol

jackson

Posted 28 October 2018 - 08:37 PM

jackson

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts
Hi all! Just became part of Jetters Malaysia. Hyundai Trajet Owners Malaysia community. Mainly on FB.

Still have my Trajet. Seldom use it now. Wrapped it. Cost rm2300. Deeply regret it. Car looks great from afar. But when you get to an arms length, it sucks. Never ever contemplate doing wraps or even coatings for that matter. Good old polish and wax is the best.

Dilbert,
About Hanjiss, I too do not know if he still around. I tried sms him two years ago, never responded. I went to where it was in USJ, not there anymore.
But I have now found alternatives. Thanks to the Jetters group.
It's easy when you know how...