Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

What was your max speed recorded?

• Please log in to reply

nokia

Posted 07 October 2000 - 11:22 PM

nokia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
Hey dudes,

By no means I am saying driving fast is a good practice, buy hey, maybe it was a case of emergency? Speed does give us the adrenaline rush sometime, agree?

As I pushed my Perdana V6 to 185km/h for a closest JAMBAN in NSHW once, don’t dare go any higher.

What was your max speed have you ever tried? I am not a fast driver but I do respect those who dare, in control, that is. Any technique required? Such as calm feeling; sharp vision; well maintained wheels etc. etc?

Ah Beng & Ah Seng

Posted 07 October 2000 - 11:44 PM

Ah Beng & Ah Seng

5th Gear

• Members
  • 5 posts
WAJA SENG very very fast. 250km/h no problemo.

David

Posted 08 October 2000 - 12:04 AM

David

Neutral

• Members
  • 0 posts
Stock Sentra 96` model with auto trans
190km/h on plus but got scared and slowed down
Should max bet. 190-200km/h

Mr. Engineer

Posted 08 October 2000 - 01:25 AM

Mr. Engineer

Karl Benz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 76,523 posts
2 Years ago, before my 2 accidents, I have recorded a max speed of 187 km/h on my stock Satria 1.6 from Sg. Buloh Toll to Damansara exit at about 2AM in the morning. (Had to switch off the air-cond for more speed)

V-Spec

Posted 08 October 2000 - 01:32 AM

V-Spec

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,306 posts
Me? Pushed my 1.5 GLi Proton Wira (Auto) to 175km/h at 6,000 rpm. That`s the redline by the way, so theoretically reached the max power from the engine-lor. Drain every single drop of it. :P
That was achieved en route from KL to Ipoh on the PLUS Highway at around 8-9 p.m.

Anybody joined the 300 km/h club yet????

whlim_21

Posted 08 October 2000 - 01:47 AM

whlim_21

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts
Whoa, V-spec?

Is your Wira 1.5GLI stock? As far as I heard of, Wira 1.6XLI(A) ONLY managed 178km/h TOP speed...

MY STOCK UK_Spec Iswara MPI(A) RAN up to 160km/h (@5200rpm), scared liao. A/c ON at that time. Reckon it can "Touch" 170km/h with A/c off???

Chips

Posted 08 October 2000 - 08:25 AM

Chips

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,824 posts
I`ve been over 200 km/h in Germany and about 210 km/h in Jordan. It`s scary at those speeds because you need a lot of concentration - I almost stop breathing and am terrified that I may have to sneeze and shut my eyes one second and go off the road. One time in 1984 when testing the M635, I was charging along the autobhan at 200 km/h and suddenly hit this wall of rain. I was so scared because of the slippery road and could only hold on to the steering wheel and hope that the car would swerve at that speed. I let it slow down gently.

I`ve also done pretty high speeds on roads in Malaysia but it is never safe. First is you have to watch out for speed traps, then you have to watch the road conditions because our roads have strange surfaces and third is that there are stupid motorists who change lanes for no reason. My fastest speed is still recorded on my GPS, though.

I am not in favour of speed limits but can understand that some regulation is needed because there are people who just don`t discipline themselves to know that there are places where you just should not speed. In Nevada, USA, thet have no speed limits and the law states that you can go `as fast as it is safe to do so` or something like that. Which means that if you do 250 on a dry, open road, the police will probably see if they can keep up with you but if you do 170 on a road with lots of cars, they`ll stop you for reckless driving. Makes sense.

Guest_(*v*)_*

Posted 08 October 2000 - 01:10 PM

Guest_(*v*)_*
  • Guests
I normally drives around 240km/h on my Skyline....Playstation lah.

Benson

Posted 08 October 2000 - 02:18 PM

Benson

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts
My Wira 1.5GL(M)can go up to 180kmh anytime and 185kmh certain time (Switch off a/c) and quite stable with the 14 inches original Wira sport rims and Yokohama A3XX tyre no vibration at all. my max RPM only 5400RPM, I wonder why your Wira can go up to 6000RPM? modified? but my one when I push up to 5000rpm is already 170kmh and 5400rpm is 18Xkmh, but not everytime also fast like this hell speed, just sometimes really urgent then just go fast lor and second is wanna follow other motorist if I noticed other luxury car is doing fast then immediately follow!!

Guest_& Hedges_*

Posted 08 October 2000 - 04:03 PM

Guest_& Hedges_*
  • Guests
his car was 1.5 auto... thats why the rpm is so high.

my new 1.5 gli, i managed to pushed it up til 190km/h with a/c off. 13 inch original rims (i thought wira 1.5 original rim shud be 13inch?).