Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Toyota Premio Egr Valve

• Please log in to reply

akumaliew

Posted 20 July 2022 - 09:46 AM

akumaliew

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

sorry for asking... im a engine noob and recently gotten this premio as main ride (cousin's spare car) and the engine is hesitating during acceleration. I google a lot and gotten the idea to try clean the egr valve to solve the problem. But the problem is i dont know which one is the egr valve.. please help

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20220719_164055.jpg

vr2turbo

Posted 21 July 2022 - 09:32 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts

Why not have a mechanic take a look at it, if not sure. You Might create more problems......

akumaliew

Posted 25 July 2022 - 08:38 AM

akumaliew

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

thanks for the reply.. this car has been in workshop for almost 2 months with hesitating when accelerate. I was so happy when the mechanic called to pick the car up. It was ok for 1 day then the same problem occurred again. i rang up the mechanic and he said the car is too old and not worth to spend money on it anymore. But i noticed that the problem only occurred sometime after been sent to the workshop. If the problem not happening, the car just work fine like a normal car. So i drive it to a 2nd mechanic for diagnose and the same word coming out from the mechanic, not worth it to repair. No misfire or other major problem detected during ODB scan. So i just want to try see by cleaning the valve can solve the problem or not.

akumaliew

Posted 15 August 2022 - 10:50 AM

akumaliew

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

New update.. im able to pull up the check engine light code as follow https://youtube.com/...w?feature=share