Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Keyless Access System Indicator Came On With One Fob

• Please log in to reply

axl2000

Posted 17 January 2022 - 09:26 AM

axl2000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Hi all, 

Not sure whether this forum is still active or not. 

Recently the keyless access system indicator on my Honda jazz came on. However, I discovered this only happen with one of the 2 Key fobs. ie One will have error/fault indicator while with the other key fob, the indicator did not came on. 

Have anyone experienced this before? I am still waiting for my appointment to get the car checked. However, can I duplicate the key fob that do not have the error? my worry when i go to Honda Dealer, they will do exactly the same thing and then charged me a bombed for it. 

Thanks. 

vr2turbo

Posted 17 January 2022 - 01:13 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,488 posts

Most forums are pretty slow or dead already. Most have gone to fb and form car clubs there, but need to find the right one to join.

As for duplication of the key fob, they are able to do outside. My wife did for her company's vellfire as the spare set was missing. Still costly by cheaper than from SC.....

axl2000

Posted 18 January 2022 - 07:20 AM

axl2000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Hi, 

Thank you for the reply. Yeah, i think most people have movoed to fb (but i just couldn't find the right one) ansd also lowyat.net/ 

I am going to check with locksmitth today on the cost of making a new keyfob based on existing one i have. My worry if there are other issues etc that I not aware of.  Then at SC will just said the fault indicator is no longer there but they can run diagnostic to make sure everything is ok. 

Thanks.