Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Engine Flush Opinion + Gear Problem Maybe

• Please log in to reply

boiboi

Posted 01 February 2019 - 11:02 AM

boiboi

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts

Hi all,

Want to get opinion from sifus here - my car is around 80k mileage, never done engine flush before. is it time? How often to do engine flush? 

Info i get from the Maxx N Go mechanic that regularly service my car is engine flush not recommended for car with mileage below 150k as it is corrosive and can spoil the engine internal. True?

Also, my car recently got a bit of delay when switch from D to R. What might be the cause of this?

vr2turbo

Posted 01 February 2019 - 07:49 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,488 posts

Hi all,

Want to get opinion from sifus here - my car is around 80k mileage, never done engine flush before. is it time? How often to do engine flush? 

Info i get from the Maxx N Go mechanic that regularly service my car is engine flush not recommended for car with mileage below 150k as it is corrosive and can spoil the engine internal. True?

Also, my car recently got a bit of delay when switch from D to R. What might be the cause of this?

If you have been doing your oil change on time, don't think you need to flush your engine. Anyway, is your engine internal dirty?

Have you been changing your ATF on time?

boiboi

Posted 04 February 2019 - 11:25 AM

boiboi

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts

Engine oil is changed regularly, maybe once or twice slightly delayed only. So far no problems, just want to get opinion on if this is a beneficial treatment. 

ATF also changed on time but is due for service soon. Is that the cause?

vr2turbo

Posted 05 February 2019 - 06:24 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,488 posts

Engine oil is changed regularly, maybe once or twice slightly delayed only. So far no problems, just want to get opinion on if this is a beneficial treatment. 

ATF also changed on time but is due for service soon. Is that the cause?

I think the engine flush not needed. As for the ATF, you can try adding in a can of Lubegard Platinum on your next ATF change. Some say the additive helps....

tpl

Posted 18 September 2023 - 06:16 PM

tpl

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,101 posts

i changed every 20k km my wira 3speed very reliable

2012 NMT President