Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Peugeot's 7-Year Extended Warranty

peugeot extended warranty

• Please log in to reply

Mr. Engineer

Posted 31 January 2019 - 04:00 PM

Mr. Engineer

Karl Benz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 76,523 posts

This is probably old news to a lot of people but I just want to put it here:

Peugeot's 7-year Warranty
I have spoken to a few drivers and (due to a lot of reasons which I am not going to explore) they were not aware of this warranty amd so, bought their spare parts 'outside'.

So, here is a summary of the new warranty:
This was launched somewhere in September 2017 and covers the four main areas:
-Engine
-Gearbox
-Driveshaft
-ABS Sensors

You need to go to your SC and ask them about your car's eligibility based on the following criteria:
-Cars registered from 2011 to 31.12.2015
-Maintained excellent service schedule
-Mileage is below 250,000Km
-All recalls are completed

Before you sign for the Extended Warranty Booklet, you need to provide the following documents:
-Photocopy of the car owner's IC
-Company letter authorising driver to sign for documents or on their behalf, etc.(if this is a company car)
-Photocopy of the car's Registration card
-Service Booklet for them to check

Also, as each booklet has a Serial Number which is tied to the car's chassis number, do not lose it or else:
-Make a Police report, and
-Replacement Booklet fee is Rm500.00, payable to Nasim

If you have the following problems:

1. Lost your Service Booklet
Get it replaced and make sure the Service Records are updated

2. It's a pre-owned car

Make sure it has the Service Booklet from the previous owner (if not, go read #1 again) and fill in the ownership transfer form

3. Missed the Service Interval

Talk to your SC about it and they will just charge you for a Full Service to flush out all the third-party oils/fluids.

This is fair to all parties because you cannot submit claim when your car is using non-authorised products, never-mind if its cheaper

4. Incomplete recalls
Yeah, just do them. Before June, 'kay?

Mean

Posted 07 February 2019 - 10:05 AM

Mean

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

Wow Mr. Engineer, still active in this forum? :)

I miss my Perdana V6...<FONT size=2><FONT face=Verdana><EM>

1999 c.c. V6 24 VALVE DOHC EFI ABS but no airbags<P></P>

vr2turbo

Posted 08 February 2019 - 08:07 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,490 posts

Welcome back, taikor Mr. Engineer recently pop back in......

Mr. Engineer

Posted 09 February 2019 - 11:13 AM

Mr. Engineer

Karl Benz

• Members
  • 76,523 posts

Just doing some PSA for Peugeot ppl before time runs out for them...

euthanasia

Posted 04 March 2019 - 05:50 PM

euthanasia

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Hi guys, 

Can i asked for item 3, if prior to that i service outside more than once, will they still accept?.The car is under utilized, around 55k km for 5 yr old car. Thanks in advance.

Mr. Engineer

Posted 06 March 2019 - 09:04 AM

Mr. Engineer

Karl Benz

• Members
  • 76,523 posts

Hi, euthaniasia,

For item #3, the workshops would ask you to come in for a Service session where all the coolant, lubrications and other liquids would be flushed out and re-filled with authorised Peugeot products. Once this is done, and provided you have fulfilled the other conditions, you are then ready for the warranty should your car be eligible. However, the warranty picks up from the last day of your 5 year warranty and not on the day you signed for it.

But do bear in mind, with the warranty activated, and until the end of that period, you would be required to have your car serviced before every 10,000km or 6 months, whichever comes first.

A lot of Peugeot owners forget about the ongoing Service Interval and mistakenly rely on their odometer instead.

euthanasia

Posted 01 April 2019 - 01:15 AM

euthanasia

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Thanks for the tip Karl Benz. 

I done the recall, left the car for a week there...New air-cond is super cold, but now the car seem to vibrate more when in gear, air-cond switched on, and brake pedal pressed, aka bumper to bumper...can feel steering vibrate more than before...gonna send it back for checking again. 

Anyway I have since serviced my car outside since 2 or 3rd year of the 5 yr old 208, but SA mention warranty is until 2021 (bought 2013) and doesnt void warranty eventhough i service outside provided no major repair done to the engine and covered part..

vr2turbo

Posted 01 April 2019 - 08:46 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,490 posts

Thanks for the tip Karl Benz. 

I done the recall, left the car for a week there...New air-cond is super cold, but now the car seem to vibrate more when in gear, air-cond switched on, and brake pedal pressed, aka bumper to bumper...can feel steering vibrate more than before...gonna send it back for checking again. 

Anyway I have since serviced my car outside since 2 or 3rd year of the 5 yr old 208, but SA mention warranty is until 2021 (bought 2013) and doesnt void warranty eventhough i service outside provided no major repair done to the engine and covered part..

Vibration at idling usually 2 things. Engine mounting harden or damaged or your idling too low. Anyway let SC check on it.....

Mr. Engineer

Posted 02 April 2019 - 08:10 AM

Mr. Engineer

Karl Benz

• Members
  • 76,523 posts

I agree and those would be covered in your Extended Warranty.
However, if you have not been awarded the Extended Warranty booklet, do take the SA's word with a pinch of salt since this extended warranty requires on your part to strictly adhere to the Service Interval of every 10,000Km or 6-months whichever comes first. You would be required to do a FULL Service to flush out third-party oils and lubricants too,

In the worst case scenario, sho,,, well, I'm not going to go there today

Jrjrjr

Posted 16 July 2019 - 12:12 PM

Jrjrjr

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
Looking for help for my 208 2013. Since day 1 my ESP keep appear and no one can help me to fix it until my warranty finish. They told me they cant check the faulty if it doesnt appear PERMANENTLY. But It keeps coming out frequently which I cant show anybody that faulty Infront of their eyes. And now, gearbox faulty is out and the same thing they told me. And my extended warranty is only until next year April. Also, they cant give me the warranty booklet UNLESS my car has problem to warranty? Really appreciate if anyone can help me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: peugeot, extended warranty