Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Ron 97 For Citroen

• Please log in to reply

albarade

Posted 20 June 2018 - 02:47 PM

albarade

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Hello guy

I would like to check with you guys. I have Citroen  C4 Picasso 1.6 turbocharge. I severally experienced message " Engine fault. Repair needed'. When I checked with the mechanic, he told that my car have problem with the ignition issue according to ECU reporting. He also told that the problem was due to use of RON95. He suggested I use RON 97. Is that true my friends?

vr2turbo

Posted 21 June 2018 - 10:48 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,434 posts

Is your engine knocking? If yes, than need higher Ron. Usually turbo charged engine requires higher Ron, unless it is tune to run on lower, but usually tuned for lower means less power....

albarade

Posted 22 June 2018 - 04:11 PM

albarade

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Tq bro. My engine not knocking. With the error the impact of my engine is going slow. Dangerous to accelerate when to over take

vr2turbo

Posted 23 June 2018 - 01:12 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,434 posts

Tq bro. My engine not knocking. With the error the impact of my engine is going slow. Dangerous to accelerate when to over take

With lower Ron, engine does not knock on low end. It happens at high end when more air fuel goes in and compression is higher

lingomalingo

Posted 02 July 2019 - 11:05 AM

lingomalingo

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 362 posts

You can always check the owner manual or at the petrol lid what is the minimum RON required for this car.

Huarrrrgh