Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Kia Forte Service Rip Off

• Please log in to reply

ravan_g

Posted 11 May 2016 - 01:55 PM

ravan_g

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
Dear Friends and owners of Kia Forte,

I have a 2.0 Auto Kia Forte 2011 model, and have been diligently servicing from a Kia Service Center in Taman Mayang PJ. The owner is a nice guy and helpful, however, after my 5 year warranty, I found out that I have been overcharged on every parts that was replaced to the usage of Engine Oil. I was told that the standard for the Kia Forte was 4.5 Litre while in actual is only 4, the price of the oil was also higher. The sparks pugs was tol high quality when it was only standard plugs (RM28) used and charge RM96....In total, I would have over paid about RM4000-RM5000 extra in service due the the 5 year warranty which requires owners to service with autharised service center....please check your bills and counter check the part prices to ensure this does not happen to you.

The car is a good car and great drive..

vr2turbo

Posted 11 May 2016 - 02:29 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,490 posts

Authorized center have fixed prices and you cannot bring your own parts therefore have to live with it unless you don't want the warranty