As per subject, am planning to get either a used starex or a used mazda 8, preference more towards the earlier as i need the space to ferry 5 adults avragong 5'10 weighing 100kgs each (including myself). so the power train and space of starex fit my purpose
cant afford a new one, though the 2016 version looks awesome. looking to get a 2011 or 2012 version or newer if can find a good deal. I've asked my regular mechanic on what are the potential maintenance required for a diesel turbo vehicle, hence would like to know any owners feedback if they had fixed/replaced any of the below parts and how reliable are below parts, pls state if you have changed this before, cost and your mileage before changing this)
1) diesel fuel filter (heard it get stucked quite frequently)
2) fuel injector (either blocked or nozzle become bigger resulting more fuel injected to engine)
3) EGR valve (does starex have this, this is a common for diesel turbo and also prone to be blocked by the carbon deposit)
4) fuel pump (i google around, this thing is not cheap, costs a few k)/
5) power door (planning to look for a premium version.......or a standard version without this will do? feedbacks pls)
6) the sliding door bracket (due to heavy door n window panel, was told it will eat up in long run)
7) timing belt or timing chain ?
any other parts or symptoms i should be aware of before go hunting for a unit ??