Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Brake Pad Recommendation

Brake Recommend PJ Sound Underbraking Best price

• Please log in to reply

vcys86

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:37 PM

vcys86

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Hi everyone here.

I was driving a gen 2 cps and recently there is quite a rough sound (like rocks/steel) from left rear tyre area whenever under medium/hard braking.
I suspect it might be caused by brake pad finishing (since I didn't change for.....6 years+)

Front brake pad changed once few years ago...To something MKT or Trestor Advantage I think...Recommended from here too..

Want to know if any sifu here can recommend some best buck of money for rear brake pad for gen 2 please?
If possible, something that can get in PH Auto PJ?

vr2turbo

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:28 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,561 posts

Trestor Blue Advantage for me is still good. Why not ask PH Auto if they have for your rears too? I manage to get front and back pads for my friend's Wira

mot88

Posted 08 February 2016 - 07:41 PM

mot88

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Trestor Advanatage (blue color) is the best for below RM 100 pad, not to be mistaken with Trestor Metallic Plus (green packaging). My personal opinion, avoid Metallic Plus as could not stand the lack of bite and changed it even less than 1000 km.

If you are willing to sacrifice performance a bit for less dusting, you also want to try Bendix General CT. 

Trestor Advanatage is the same category as Bendix Metal King Titanium but much cheaper.

Some part shops will tell you  Bendix and Trestor are the same, they are not. They only share the same manufacturing plant (FMP) and FMP will manufacture it according to the spec of the brand.

If PH Auto doesn't have. you may try Aik Heng, No. 8, Jalan 8/1E, PJ New town (behind the previous premise of Fook Bee).

Direction as below: 
https://www.google.c...163406041376134

vr2turbo

Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:10 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,561 posts

To me Bendix Metal King are same as Trestor Metallic Plus only. I actually switch from 3 sets of Bendix from Metal King to Gold to Titanium then only to Trestor Blue Advantage and they bite so much better when cold and still can withstand when hot....

mot88

Posted 20 February 2016 - 11:57 AM

mot88

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Trestor Metalic Plus is less than RM 50, standard quality (similar to Mintye), where else Bendix MKT is street performance type, product placement same level as Trestor Advanatage.  

Nothing beats Trestor Advanatage for below RM 100 street performance pad.

Just realise that TS (thread starter) needed rear brake pad, then it is harder to find and might need the part shop to special order from supplier.

vr2turbo

Posted 21 February 2016 - 10:51 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,561 posts

Trestor still have one lower range pads and that is the Deluxe Organic which should be same as Bendix General CT (Ceramic Technology) that is why I put their semi to Bendix semi.....lol. or maybe they match Bendix 4WD range..... ;)

peterwkc

Posted 13 April 2016 - 04:51 PM

peterwkc

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Interesting topic about brake pad.