Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Water Rationing And Car Detailing

• Please log in to reply

cbsteh

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:51 PM

cbsteh

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
Guys, has the water rationing affected your car detailing efforts? Since the rationing, I have only washed my car once because it was so dusty and dirty. But even then, one of my neighbours gave me the Evil Eye when she saw me washing my car. She then told/reminded me that the water will be turned off at 10 am later. I am not sure if she was telling me to be nice or her way to be sarcastic. To my defense, I used less water and did not wash my tyres as well as possible. At the end I wasn't quite happy with my detailing job. What about your experience?

vr2turbo

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:07 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70,068 posts
Same here, used to be weekly, now only when really dirty and cannot tahan.... smile_blackeye.gif

g88

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:14 PM

g88

Duke of Hazzard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,280 posts
drive lesser so chances of exposure to dust is lower...once wash > if not drive till the next (cleaning) just use ONR and do some dry cleaning.

Foresee swirl is building faster but its ok since surface coated and waxed/sealant-ed from time to time...

Bottom line still - CAN'T STAND too dust even no drive

** Keep track of water supply, once its back - DO a quick wash (depend how dirty).

vr2turbo

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:56 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 70,068 posts
QUOTE (g88 @ Apr 5 2014, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
drive lesser so chances of exposure to dust is lower...once wash > if not drive till the next (cleaning) just use ONR and do some dry cleaning.

Foresee swirl is building faster but its ok since surface coated and waxed/sealant-ed from time to time...

Bottom line still - CAN'T STAND too dust even no drive

** Keep track of water supply, once its back - DO a quick wash (depend how dirty).

Nowadays raining, even if don't drive dust settle mix with rain car also dirty....unless got covered parking.. smile_tongue.gif

eohl79

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:08 PM

eohl79

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts
Not too happy with water rationing. Car can go unwashed till about a month. 1 bucket wash, use car shampoo with least shampoo to water ratio (Dodo born to be mild, Meg's Hyper wash) so less rinsing required. Hardly clean the wheels and wells. Menz power lock sealant died instantly when rain after long dry spell/haze. Think my paint needs a good AIO.

vr2turbo

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:16 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 70,068 posts
QUOTE (eohl79 @ Apr 8 2014, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not too happy with water rationing. Car can go unwashed till about a month. 1 bucket wash, use car shampoo with least shampoo to water ratio (Dodo born to be mild, Meg's Hyper wash) so less rinsing required. Hardly clean the wheels and wells. Menz power lock sealant died instantly when rain after long dry spell/haze. Think my paint needs a good AIO.

Yup, the air is so dusty that after rain the stain are horrible..... smile_blackeye.gif

davidlow7

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:43 AM

davidlow7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
especially the weather for the last 2 weeks.. it only took few hours to see all dusts on top of the paint.. esp. on a darker color car..

Washed weekly since I got it as afraid of water marks after it rains... but somehow weather improved abit and not so dusty hence skipped last week's wash... but now raining again so water mark also another concern ..

Luckily my car is not exposed to sunlight as I park indoor @ working place... so I believe that helped a lot..