Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Autolock Function In Hybrid Honda Jazz

• Please log in to reply

Crow

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

Crow

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
Hi guys,
Just got myself a new Honda Jazz (Hybrid). I am so used to having my car doors locked so was quite surprised that this is not a feature in the new Honda Jazz. Chcked with salesman and was told that it was safety feature and all Honda's do to come with this feature.

I did some research online and found out that we can actually programme our car alarm to activate the auto lock an dand auto unlock function. Has anyone tried it? Does it work for our Malaysian CKD versions.

Please advise. If you have dob eit before ca you please give step by step instructions. I tied looking up from other threads but was unable to find any information. Pls help.
Thanks

The Crow

astroguy74

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:38 PM

astroguy74

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
QUOTE (Crow @ Apr 2 2014, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi guys,
Just got myself a new Honda Jazz (Hybrid). I am so used to having my car doors locked so was quite surprised that this is not a feature in the new Honda Jazz. Chcked with salesman and was told that it was safety feature and all Honda's do to come with this feature.

I did some research online and found out that we can actually programme our car alarm to activate the auto lock an dand auto unlock function. Has anyone tried it? Does it work for our Malaysian CKD versions.

Please advise. If you have dob eit before ca you please give step by step instructions. I tied looking up from other threads but was unable to find any information. Pls help.
Thanks

i own the CBU Jazz hybrid, and installed the Autolock kit from KL Auto
forgot the price la
its a plug in type with minimum wiring

Crow

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:38 AM

Crow

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
QUOTE (astroguy74 @ Apr 5 2014, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i own the CBU Jazz hybrid, and installed the Autolock kit from KL Auto
forgot the price la
its a plug in type with minimum wiring

Thanks bro

The Crow

V406198

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:05 AM

V406198

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts
QUOTE (Crow @ Apr 7 2014, 08:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks bro

I was also facing same problem on my new CRV and sale man told me the same reason like you and also he said installing aftermarket auto lock will effected warranty..so therefore advise you check with Honda Malaysia for this before install..
2004 S60R. AT. Tit Grey. Nordkap. 18" Pegs. TME SportCat Exhaust DP & Cat Back System. TME Lower Spring. Garrett GT3071R. RC 750cc Injectors. FMIC. K&N Filter. Pegasus 3" CAI. IPD HD TCV. IPD HD Ignition Coil, IPD 25mm Front Sway Bar. UR Custom 23mm Rear Sway Bar. UR Front & Rear Strut Bars. Stainless Steel Brake Hoses. Audi TT DV, Saab 900 ATF Cooler. TkiMotorSportRacing & IPD HD Link Rod. H&R 5mm Front Wheel Spacer. Endless Sport 0-400 Front Brake Pad. ScangaugeII Diagnostic Gauge. Stages 2 Snow Performance methanol Injection.

Crow

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:03 AM

Crow

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
QUOTE (V406198 @ Apr 8 2014, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was also facing same problem on my new CRV and sale man told me the same reason like you and also he said installing aftermarket auto lock will effected warranty..so therefore advise you check with Honda Malaysia for this before install..

Ok Bro will write to Honda and find out any updates from them ad how it will effect warranty.
Thanks

The Crow

V406198

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:18 AM

V406198

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts
QUOTE (V406198 @ Apr 8 2014, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please up date your finding from Honda Malaysia as im also keen to do so if aftermarket are allow...tq
2004 S60R. AT. Tit Grey. Nordkap. 18" Pegs. TME SportCat Exhaust DP & Cat Back System. TME Lower Spring. Garrett GT3071R. RC 750cc Injectors. FMIC. K&N Filter. Pegasus 3" CAI. IPD HD TCV. IPD HD Ignition Coil, IPD 25mm Front Sway Bar. UR Custom 23mm Rear Sway Bar. UR Front & Rear Strut Bars. Stainless Steel Brake Hoses. Audi TT DV, Saab 900 ATF Cooler. TkiMotorSportRacing & IPD HD Link Rod. H&R 5mm Front Wheel Spacer. Endless Sport 0-400 Front Brake Pad. ScangaugeII Diagnostic Gauge. Stages 2 Snow Performance methanol Injection.

Crow

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:58 AM

Crow

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
QUOTE (V406198 @ Apr 9 2014, 10:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Please up date your finding from Honda Malaysia as im also keen to do so if aftermarket are allow...tq

Already sent them an email and waiting for reponse. Will update as soon as i hear anything.

The Crow

Crow

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:43 PM

Crow

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
QUOTE (Crow @ Apr 9 2014, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Already sent them an email and waiting for reponse. Will update as soon as i hear anything.

Reply from Honda -
Dear Ms. Logalatchumi Balakrishnan,

Thank you for contacting Honda Malaysia Sdn Bhd.

With regards to your enquiry, please be informed that the Ministry of Transport imposed regulations (ECE 94 and ECE 95) for the removal of auto door lock feature for all motor vehicle assemblers and manufacturers in Malaysia effective from June 2012onwards.

Alternatively, you can lock your vehicle manually as all our models are equipped with the central locking system.

Kindly take note that any modifications, installation or upgrades will void your vehicle’s warranty as per stated in the Warranty and Service Booklet.

Your kind understanding on the above matter is much appreciated.

Please do not hesitate to contact our Toll Free Line at 1 800 88 2020 should you have any query.

Warmest regards,

Online Customer Care

The Crow

V406198

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:39 PM

V406198

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts
QUOTE (Crow @ Apr 10 2014, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Reply from Honda -
Dear Ms. Logalatchumi Balakrishnan,

Thank you for contacting Honda Malaysia Sdn Bhd.

With regards to your enquiry, please be informed that the Ministry of Transport imposed regulations (ECE 94 and ECE 95) for the removal of auto door lock feature for all motor vehicle assemblers and manufacturers in Malaysia effective from June 2012onwards.

Alternatively, you can lock your vehicle manually as all our models are equipped with the central locking system.

Kindly take note that any modifications, installation or upgrades will void your vehicle’s warranty as per stated in the Warranty and Service Booklet.

Your kind understanding on the above matter is much appreciated.

Please do not hesitate to contact our Toll Free Line at 1 800 88 2020 should you have any query.

Warmest regards,

Online Customer Care

Thank you for sharing.... wonder will others manufactures remove this feature from their new cars to comply to these new by law..as most luxury models will have this feature as necessary...

lelynx

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:57 PM

lelynx

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
all new cars are without this auto-lock (due to regulation)
even those expensive one like bimmer and merc; i meant locally assembled one