Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Lousy Gui Loh Stuff

• Please log in to reply

jonlsl

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:49 AM

jonlsl

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
I don't understand why gui loh cannot make foam or foam like materials which last in our weather. I got this 3in. backing plate for RB and the 1/2in rubber foam on it has disintegrated After 1year plus. Never used it lagi and stored in darkness away from heat and sunlight. The "local" stuff is so much better but problem is cannot get off sizes.

Hai same with speaker foam edges as well. It will rot and disintegrate after a few years. That's why I always look for hi-fi speakers with butyl rubber edges. My KRIX is going on 15years and still ok. The other infinity I have kong in 5years.

vr2turbo

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:24 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70,059 posts
QUOTE (jonlsl @ Mar 1 2014, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't understand why gui loh cannot make foam or foam like materials which last in our weather. I got this 3in. backing plate for RB and the 1/2in rubber foam on it has disintegrated After 1year plus. Never used it lagi and stored in darkness away from heat and sunlight. The "local" stuff is so much better but problem is cannot get off sizes.

Hai same with speaker foam edges as well. It will rot and disintegrate after a few years. That's why I always look for hi-fi speakers with butyl rubber edges. My KRIX is going on 15years and still ok. The other infinity I have kong in 5years.

My ex colleague loves gui loh speakers too. Sounds so much better, but he has sent back for repairs on the edges twice already, now in cold storage. Too expensive to maintain.
As for the back plate I have two that disintegrated also.... smile_blackeye.gif

KrisMas

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:06 AM

KrisMas

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts
Because to them sales here is negligible and the local importers just don't give a d***.... angry.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:00 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70,059 posts
Probably they don't have the same problem as us here?

jklow123

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:36 AM

jklow123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
QUOTE (jonlsl @ Mar 1 2014, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Gwai Loh's mfg process is different. In their country, their factories have to adhere to many VOC/environmental protocols whereby they cannot use many chemicals that're normally used by similar mftrs in other countries. Look at the dashboards and door panels of many BMWs. Paint peeling off and even white logos (on the buttons) coming off. U wont see such probems even on a Myvi. Thats why GwaiLoh products need not necessarily be better than some no-name stuff made in Asian countries. Only 3yrs, an the volume knob on a BMW has turned sticky/tacky. Again, no such problem even on a Myvi!