Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Best Car Wash & Wax?

• Please log in to reply

jonlsl

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:12 PM

jonlsl

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
Are you lazy?
Got soft paint?
Want to maintain your car's paint after a detailing session?

Well I think I have just found a real kick ass car wash which washes well, looks great, maintains and restores beading, most of all really slick and lubricious during washing which is really great for cars with soft paint or dark colored cars. Rinses off easy as well.

So what's the catch? Well price might be a concern for some but most DIY detailers here would have the stuff already or sure can afford to buy it. 2nd catch? I would highly recommend it for cars with clear coats rather then cars with solid white colored paint. Why? Polymers might cause more staining on white solid paint especially with cars which are more than 5yrs old. But you guys can try it and let us know your experience.

So what's this great car wash?

Its DG 901 + DGNR. Those of you not familier with it. Its Duragloss 901 (car wash) + Duragloss No Rinse.

Here is how you make this real kick ass car wash.

For an 8-10Liter mix of car wash you will need:

1. DG 901 60ml

2. DG No Rinse 125ml

3. 8-10L Water. (I would start with 10L first)

Method:

Fill bucket with 8 liters of water and add 60ml of DG901 and mix with hand until fully mixed. It takes some agitation by hand as DG901 is a bit thick. Once fully mixed then only add 125ml of DG No Rinse. Then mix well with hand.

I don't like to foam up the car wash as there is too much foam, you can't see where the right water level is. If you still want some foam, after mixing the "Jungle juice" you can agitate the mix with washing sponge to get some foam.

So for those which are into the fragrance. Well it smells great with a melon fragrance.

So guys go try it out and let use know your experience with this "Jungle Juice" mix.

You guys want pricing per wash you can calculate it yourselves as my math is terrible. biggrin.gif

You can get it from www.duragloss.com.my

arch5069

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:49 AM

arch5069

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
Thank for the tips bro.

yeong

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:39 PM

yeong

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 894 posts
bro, what level is this for -- Pro, semi-pro, amateur or totally-amateur?

My totally amateur way is 1~2 liter of water+cupful of wash, hose car, apply with sponge,hose rinse again...tata, a clean car with water-spots aplenty, but at least it is clean. Hard to imagine how to use up an 8 liter pal of wash? smile_cool.gif

jonlsl

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:42 PM

jonlsl

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
QUOTE (yeong @ Sep 16 2013, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My totally amateur way is 1~2 liter of water+cupful of wash, hose car, apply with sponge,hose rinse again...tata, a clean car with water-spots aplenty, but at least it is clean. Hard to imagine how to use up an 8 liter pal of wash? smile_cool.gif

No level lah bro. Its for any person who wants a really good was & wax car wash or anybody who wants a car wash which is super slick and lubricious so as to minimize marring. You will not be able to find OTC products or even high end stuff which is like this awesome mix or I haven't found any product you can buy which is like this mix. That's why I would like all levels to try and share their experience.

Having said that may be the average Joe will not want to spend so much money on a kick ass car wash. But since I have gallon of Dg901 and DGNR, what the hell.

But to answer your question in short. Its for anybody who wants what's best for their precious ride.

Point is there is no off the self product which is like this mix which I have found so the only way to get it is to buy the stuff and make your own. Best of all you can taylor the mix to your liking.

Since I have put forth the idea, anybody is free to mix their own 'jungle juice' with what ever brand of car wash and no rinse product they choose obviously dilution ratios will differ and so will performance. Why I chose duragloss is because its good stuff, you can get locally, its reasonably priced and I have the stuff and the DG 901 car wash was already a very good car wash to begin with and the DGNR was just the perfect product to give it extra lubricity and added shine after the wash.

Remember guys this is NOT a no rinse mix, this mix is meant for a regular car wash, where the surfactants and cleaners from the DG901 has to be rinsed off the car.

P.S. 10 Liters is for a med. size saloon like Camry, cefiro, accord etc. You will have some left over even after you clean the whole car and wheels. I tend to drip/squeeze loads of car wash mix on the car before I wash so as to minimize marring Also the existing water on the car will dilute the mix, therefore I squeeze plenty of wash mix on the car.

vr2turbo

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:16 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,482 posts
Wah! bro., you also into mixing DG products...ha! ha! Later bro. mubull comes after us, but then if it is becomes better, why not? smile_thumbup.gif

CoffeeDude

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:27 AM

CoffeeDude

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts
whoa in house chemist smile_tongue.gif smile_big.gif

arch5069

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:28 PM

arch5069

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
QUOTE (yeong @ Sep 16 2013, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bro..what car do you wash? Cause to me, 2 litres of wash water is very little. My regular wash for my myvi uses up about 7.5 litres of water and after completion not much of it is left over. 7.5 litres is about 2 gallons.

yeong

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:19 PM

yeong

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 894 posts
QUOTE (arch5069 @ Sep 17 2013, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro..what car do you wash? Cause to me, 2 litres of wash water is very little. My regular wash for my myvi uses up about 7.5 litres of water and after completion not much of it is left over. 7.5 litres is about 2 gallons.

Think I made a mistake ...those normal water pale is how big ar? it counts by gallon not liter right? I mean I use one-quarter of the pale to sponge wash the car. rolleyes.gif

jonlsl

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:04 PM

jonlsl

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
Guys I updated the water ratio from 8Liters to 8-10L. I would start with 10L of water first. Most "normal" buckets are about 10L.

vr2turbo

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:45 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,482 posts
QUOTE (yeong @ Sep 17 2013, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Think I made a mistake ...those normal water pale is how big ar? it counts by gallon not liter right? I mean I use one-quarter of the pale to sponge wash the car. rolleyes.gif

No right or wrong amount, just that it gets your car clean. I use almost same amount like you, but plenty of rinsing water as I use splash method rather then hose... smile_tongue.gif