Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Faulty Fuel Meter

• Please log in to reply

nusz

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:56 AM

nusz

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
Hi,recently just bought used Proton Gen 2 2007.
Overall I'm satisfied with the car, no problem with the engine so far.

2 days ago the fuel meter have faulty reading, sometime slowly down to the empty position then backup again.
The next day it cannot go up again stayed at empty position until today, I'm sure that there's no leakage at the tank and I just got it fill until full before.

From what I've read in this forum and other that it is common problem in Proton cars not only Gen 2. I've tried to search under the.backseat, not yet opening the carpet though only rubbing on the carpet, but I can't feel any connector down there. Is anyone know where the fuel pump to fuel meter connector in Proton Gen 2? If i just take the car to the SC I'm affraid that I should change the pump, the meter, the gauge and after that the problem will come again as any other experiencing, because the real problem is the faulty connector/wiring. Already googling can't find any post that point the exact location.

BTW I'm from Indonesia.

nusz

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:07 PM

nusz

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
Already found...the connector is in the trunk at the back left...I was placing oil and coolant at the spot, maybe because it is heavy then the connector go faulty. After removed the oil and coolant...the fuel meter then slowly go up.

rodd1s

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:03 PM

rodd1s

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
I have the same problem with my Gen2, a non-working fuel gauge but no luck in finding a plug in the boot that connects it to the dash.

Anyone else with this problem that know of a possible solution?