Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Plan To Get A 2004 Waja "premium"

• Please log in to reply

abtguy

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:45 PM

abtguy

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
Hi all waja guru,

I have intention to buy a used Waja as my second car, as I want to converse the mileage / usage of my main car smile_blush.gif A few questions to ask here :

Budget RM22k
Wish to find one that is easy to maintain, BTW I am from Johor, specifically Kulai, so usually drive around "town" instead of "city" like JB or KL.

1. I suppose manual is preferred over Auto right ? But if I zoom down to 2004 "Premium" or "Enhance" specs, mostly are Auto. Was there any manual premium been sold then ? This premium version comes with 2 airbags, brown leather, brown metalic pain, ABS as well. correct ?

2. After reading quite a few threads, I noted that Mitsu engine (4G18p) is much better to own compare to Campro right ? I don't need to draw so many HP from the engine, but prefer better torque a lower RPM.

3. 4G18 can reflash to Killerom to bring up the power if I want to right ? Anyone know if there is any mechanic in JB can do the reflash ?

4. Seems like quite a few parts will fade away as the car is about 9 years old now. What are the MAIN things to take note or replace ? If I allocate another RM2k for replacement / service on top of car price, lets say.

Thanks in advance.

kohf1drive

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:19 PM

kohf1drive

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts
QUOTE (abtguy @ Jul 3 2013, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all waja guru,

I have intention to buy a used Waja as my second car, as I want to converse the mileage / usage of my main car smile_blush.gif A few questions to ask here :

Budget RM22k
Wish to find one that is easy to maintain, BTW I am from Johor, specifically Kulai, so usually drive around "town" instead of "city" like JB or KL.

1. I suppose manual is preferred over Auto right ? But if I zoom down to 2004 "Premium" or "Enhance" specs, mostly are Auto. Was there any manual premium been sold then ? This premium version comes with 2 airbags, brown leather, brown metalic pain, ABS as well. correct ?

2. After reading quite a few threads, I noted that Mitsu engine (4G18p) is much better to own compare to Campro right ? I don't need to draw so many HP from the engine, but prefer better torque a lower RPM.

3. 4G18 can reflash to Killerom to bring up the power if I want to right ? Anyone know if there is any mechanic in JB can do the reflash ?

4. Seems like quite a few parts will fade away as the car is about 9 years old now. What are the MAIN things to take note or replace ? If I allocate another RM2k for replacement / service on top of car price, lets say.

Thanks in advance.

1. There are 2004 1.6 (M) EV minus leather n ABS (2 air bags is available for 4g18p only, do correct if wrong)
2. As long rpm maintain > 2.5k the urge of pulling is there
3. There is 2 members promote in here can search for them
4. Suspension bushes, engine mounting, absorbers, steering bush n alignment can last you roughly 5 years of smoothness driving. If possible bushes done together steering bush + absorber to save alignment cost
Then just like normal servicing routine change the fluids as per recommended interval

kohf1drive

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:20 PM

kohf1drive

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts
QUOTE (abtguy @ Jul 3 2013, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all waja guru,

Budget RM22k

Thanks in advance.

1. There are 2004 1.6 (M) EV minus leather n ABS (2 air bags is available for 4g18p only, do correct if wrong)
4. Suspension bushes, engine mounting, absorbers, steering bush n alignment can last you roughly 5 years of smoothness driving. If possible bushes done together steering bush + absorber to save alignment cost
Then just like normal servicing routine change the fluids as per recommended interval

abtguy

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:32 PM

abtguy

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
QUOTE (kohf1drive @ Jul 4 2013, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the advise.

Looks like it is not a complicated affair to own a used Waja.

Now struggling with Auto vs Manual... Am not teenage young anymore, a bit lazy to do stick shifting. But want to have absolute reliability with an old car wink.gif

Gunnerzz

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:10 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (abtguy @ Jul 5 2013, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the advise.

Looks like it is not a complicated affair to own a used Waja.

Now struggling with Auto vs Manual... Am not teenage young anymore, a bit lazy to do stick shifting. But want to have absoluie reliability with an old car wink.gif

If u can find a used mistu engine model and dun mind the mileage then get it if u dont mind more wear n tear.

The campro model is just fine. The auto box is reliable provided the previous owner change the atf accordingly..
Change the atf every 40k km or if u r rich every 20k km.
Go for a test drive and if u feel any funny behaviour from the gb like slipping,jerking during shifting,hessitation, then stay away from the car.

Other wear n tear u should look into are the absorber,bushes and the engine mounting.
Go for model with leather as the fabric one is quite dull.

Let us know when u found one

elan

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:46 AM

elan

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts
my 2005 EV with mitsu engine, clock over 246,000 km... maintain mcm biasa, normally just DIY-ly changed oil, some worn bushes, mountings and absorber as required,engine no leak .... all work well, still feel comfortable (though 140 Nm, 110 hp mcm ciput je - but ok)... so no temptation to change to other car.

abtguy

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

abtguy

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Jul 7 2013, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If u can find a used mistu engine model and dun mind the mileage then get it if u dont mind more wear n tear.

The campro model is just fine. The auto box is reliable provided the previous owner change the atf accordingly..
Change the atf every 40k km or if u r rich every 20k km.
Go for a test drive and if u feel any funny behaviour from the gb like slipping,jerking during shifting,hessitation, then stay away from the car.

Other wear n tear u should look into are the absorber,bushes and the engine mounting.
Go for model with leather as the fabric one is quite dull.

Let us know when u found one

Saw 2 nice ones in Mudah - JB, did not go for nego and test drive yet then hit with personal credit crunch sad.gif Now I have to push the idea back by at least 6 months from today sad.gif